The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Army question

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Re: Army question

Postby Lordo » Fri May 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Fedor wrote:Good day everyone,

Basically I received some letter from the army. Had to use google translate to actually understand what the hell it said. I will be going to the office in the next couple of days to sort the issue out. I have no problem getting my exemption as I am studying. I just wanted to clarify a few things before going to the office as I do not speak Greek at all and the documents I find online are on in gibberish to me.
I am Russian, but I lived in Cyprus since 1994. Graduated uni in Scotland and got back here. Right now I'm doing my 2nd degree and have another year to go (here's the exemption).
My mother is Russian but she got her Cyprus citizenship ~ 3 years ago. After that I got the passport as well (I was over 18 when I got it). My father is Russian and he never had Cypriot citizenship or applied for it. Moreover, they are divorced.
Just for the sake of trying to figure out what I am looking at right now, thought that making a topic here won't harm me in any way. + there is no similar case anywhere to be found.
As you can figure out, I do not really have the time to spend 6 months sweeping streets, digging, cleaning cars etc etc, coz I have to help my mother out financially.
Can anyone here help me out with some laws maybe? :D

Regards,
Fedor.

Fedor I am afraid you have come across or fanatics here who have no respect for anybody. I am afraid being a cypriot is not an easy mater. even your children will be expected to do the same even if you do not leave in cyprus. I am afraid that is our world.


however if you learn a few turkish words and when they pull you in just respond in terkish and see what they do. i can assure you that you will out of the door before you can say starogunduroxerodjehalokurubedo.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Army question

Postby Get Real! » Fri May 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Lordo wrote:however if you learn a few turkish words and when they pull you in just respond in terkish and see what they do. i can assure you that you will out of the door...

A Russian speaking TC Turkish... yeah that should work! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40448
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Army question

Postby kurupetos » Fri May 31, 2013 1:48 pm

Lordo wrote:however if you learn a few turkish words and when they pull you in just respond in terkish and see what they do. i can assure you that you will out of the door before you can say starogunduroxerodjehalokurubedo.

Damn! I should have done the same to avoid my military obligations. :x Ayisiktir Lordo kopekoglu, pezevenkoglu, esheksisi. :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Army question

Postby Lordo » Fri May 31, 2013 2:35 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Lordo wrote:however if you learn a few turkish words and when they pull you in just respond in terkish and see what they do. i can assure you that you will out of the door...

A Russian speaking TC Turkish... yeah that should work! :lol:

Vladimir Volfovich Zhirinovsky

have you heard this guy talk terkish.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Army question

Postby Lordo » Fri May 31, 2013 2:39 pm

kurupetos wrote:
Lordo wrote:however if you learn a few turkish words and when they pull you in just respond in terkish and see what they do. i can assure you that you will out of the door before you can say starogunduroxerodjehalokurubedo.

Damn! I should have done the same to avoid my military obligations. :x Ayisiktir Lordo kopekoglu, pezevenkoglu, esheksisi. :mrgreen:

it worked for me assikdirkendinsenlanahmakessekoglugancikkopekkisa kuyruklukorgandincevirigi
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Army question

Postby johnny1 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:11 pm

fedor
they tried to get me to to the army when i applied for citizenship.....when i went to the ministry of defence and told them that i have rent..bills loans etc...the reply was..''we dont care'' ''thats not our problem'' so i didnt bother getting it...
dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems
johnny1
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 am

Re: Army question

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri May 31, 2013 4:18 pm

johnny1 wrote:dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems


:lol:

For some reason I find this statement so ludicrously funny.

Who would ever join an army because they care about your problems?

Sorry, just funny! :D
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Army question

Postby Paphitis » Fri May 31, 2013 4:24 pm

johnny1 wrote:fedor
they tried to get me to to the army when i applied for citizenship.....when i went to the ministry of defence and told them that i have rent..bills loans etc...the reply was..''we dont care'' ''thats not our problem'' so i didnt bother getting it...
dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems


You can't get out of your National Obligation just because you have other Financial Obligations!

That is absurd. If that were the case, then no one would serve.

I'm afraid Fedor has 2 options:

1) do his obligatory National Service, or

2) get the hell out of the country and not return as a permanent resident.

If I was to migrate my family to Cyprus, I too would have to serve and I am much older than he is I'm sure. I too have financial obligations, but if I live in Cyprus, I would relish serving and I would make the most of it and enjoy myself as much as I could. The CNG could be the best opportunity in life to come his way as well.

It is never a waste of time. Think of all the friends you could make and people you will meet. You don't know where these experiences will lead you. It is exciting as well.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Army question

Postby Lordo » Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Paphitis wrote:
johnny1 wrote:fedor
they tried to get me to to the army when i applied for citizenship.....when i went to the ministry of defence and told them that i have rent..bills loans etc...the reply was..''we dont care'' ''thats not our problem'' so i didnt bother getting it...
dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems


You can't get out of your National Obligation just because you have other Financial Obligations!

That is absurd. If that were the case, then no one would serve.

I'm afraid Fedor has 2 options:

1) do his obligatory National Service, or

2) get the hell out of the country and not return as a permanent resident.

If I was to migrate my family to Cyprus, I too would have to serve and I am much older than he is I'm sure. I too have financial obligations, but if I live in Cyprus, I would relish serving and I would make the most of it and enjoy myself as much as I could. The CNG could be the best opportunity in life to come his way as well.

It is never a waste of time. Think of all the friends you could make and people you will meet. You don't know where these experiences will lead you. It is exciting as well.

my word so much true human rights. where is my friend shitapu to lecture us about it. so if you dont agree to kill people you should leave your country. sling your hook you hook my little upside down friend and take your girl island slug with you. a man has the right to object to military service.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Army question

Postby Paphitis » Fri May 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
johnny1 wrote:fedor
they tried to get me to to the army when i applied for citizenship.....when i went to the ministry of defence and told them that i have rent..bills loans etc...the reply was..''we dont care'' ''thats not our problem'' so i didnt bother getting it...
dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems


You can't get out of your National Obligation just because you have other Financial Obligations!

That is absurd. If that were the case, then no one would serve.

I'm afraid Fedor has 2 options:

1) do his obligatory National Service, or

2) get the hell out of the country and not return as a permanent resident.

If I was to migrate my family to Cyprus, I too would have to serve and I am much older than he is I'm sure. I too have financial obligations, but if I live in Cyprus, I would relish serving and I would make the most of it and enjoy myself as much as I could. The CNG could be the best opportunity in life to come his way as well.

It is never a waste of time. Think of all the friends you could make and people you will meet. You don't know where these experiences will lead you. It is exciting as well.

my word so much true human rights. where is my friend shitapu to lecture us about it. so if you dont agree to kill people you should leave your country. sling your hook you hook my little upside down friend and take your girl island slug with you. a man has the right to object to military service.


There are no human rights or civil liberties in the army mate.

You want those, then stay home with your mum! :roll:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests