The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Army question

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Re: Army question

Postby Lordo » Fri May 31, 2013 5:35 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
johnny1 wrote:fedor
they tried to get me to to the army when i applied for citizenship.....when i went to the ministry of defence and told them that i have rent..bills loans etc...the reply was..''we dont care'' ''thats not our problem'' so i didnt bother getting it...
dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems


You can't get out of your National Obligation just because you have other Financial Obligations!

That is absurd. If that were the case, then no one would serve.

I'm afraid Fedor has 2 options:

1) do his obligatory National Service, or

2) get the hell out of the country and not return as a permanent resident.

If I was to migrate my family to Cyprus, I too would have to serve and I am much older than he is I'm sure. I too have financial obligations, but if I live in Cyprus, I would relish serving and I would make the most of it and enjoy myself as much as I could. The CNG could be the best opportunity in life to come his way as well.

It is never a waste of time. Think of all the friends you could make and people you will meet. You don't know where these experiences will lead you. It is exciting as well.

my word so much true human rights. where is my friend shitapu to lecture us about it. so if you dont agree to kill people you should leave your country. sling your hook you hook my little upside down friend and take your girl island slug with you. a man has the right to object to military service.


There are no human rights or civil liberties in the army mate.

You want those, then stay home with your mum! :roll:

He is not int he army yet my upsidedown friend. so where is the freedom bit. you are free to do as you like so long as you join the army right. some freedom.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Army question

Postby Paphitis » Fri May 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
johnny1 wrote:fedor
they tried to get me to to the army when i applied for citizenship.....when i went to the ministry of defence and told them that i have rent..bills loans etc...the reply was..''we dont care'' ''thats not our problem'' so i didnt bother getting it...
dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems


You can't get out of your National Obligation just because you have other Financial Obligations!

That is absurd. If that were the case, then no one would serve.

I'm afraid Fedor has 2 options:

1) do his obligatory National Service, or

2) get the hell out of the country and not return as a permanent resident.

If I was to migrate my family to Cyprus, I too would have to serve and I am much older than he is I'm sure. I too have financial obligations, but if I live in Cyprus, I would relish serving and I would make the most of it and enjoy myself as much as I could. The CNG could be the best opportunity in life to come his way as well.

It is never a waste of time. Think of all the friends you could make and people you will meet. You don't know where these experiences will lead you. It is exciting as well.

my word so much true human rights. where is my friend shitapu to lecture us about it. so if you dont agree to kill people you should leave your country. sling your hook you hook my little upside down friend and take your girl island slug with you. a man has the right to object to military service.


There are no human rights or civil liberties in the army mate.

You want those, then stay home with your mum! :roll:

He is not int he army yet my upsidedown friend. so where is the freedom bit. you are free to do as you like so long as you join the army right. some freedom.


The law states that he must serve in the army as he is a citizen so there can't be any exceptions to those rules unless he is deemed unfit on medical grounds!

Cyprus is under occupation by Turkey which also has mandatory Military Service my right side up hypocrite! Therefore, Cyprus is in a state of war, and therefore Military Service is mandatory so that 200,000 people can regain their human rights and return to their homes.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Army question

Postby Lordo » Fri May 31, 2013 5:54 pm

so 37 years and yet not one of the 160,000 have been able to return. so tell me when exactly this army will make it possible for them to go back. you want to be stupid and believe in miracles carry on my little friend. some of us have to live in the real world.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Army question

Postby Paphitis » Fri May 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Lordo wrote:so 37 years and yet not one of the 160,000 have been able to return. so tell me when exactly this army will make it possible for them to go back. you want to be stupid and believe in miracles carry on my little friend. some of us have to live in the real world.


Don't you worry my friend.

They will return, I can promise you that!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Army question

Postby kurupetos » Fri May 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Lordo wrote:so 37 years and yet not one of the 160,000 have been able to return. so tell me when exactly this army will make it possible for them to go back. you want to be stupid and believe in miracles carry on my little friend. some of us have to live in the real world.

:lol: You cannot even count properly!
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Army question

Postby Get Real! » Fri May 31, 2013 8:04 pm

johnny1 wrote:dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems

I was completely broke when I went but I got food twice a day, a bed to sleep in, and I think about ₤9 p/month!

Hey, in 1983 I was laughing... :D
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Army question

Postby Cap » Fri May 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Get Real! wrote:
johnny1 wrote:dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems

I was completely broke when I went but I got food twice a day, a bed to sleep in, and I think about ₤9 p/month!

Hey, in 1983 I was laughing... :D


In 1999 it was 30 Cyprus Pounds per month.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Army question

Postby Get Real! » Fri May 31, 2013 8:12 pm

Cap wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
johnny1 wrote:dont go to the army...they dont give a shit about ur problems

I was completely broke when I went but I got food twice a day, a bed to sleep in, and I think about ₤9 p/month!

Hey, in 1983 I was laughing... :D


In 1999 it was 30 Cyprus Pounds per month.

Amazing... but of course by then prices had also climbed along.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Previous

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests