The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:16 am

The court ruled Erdogan must pay 10,000 Turkish lira ($4,000) in compensation to sculptor Mehmet Aksoy, who created the 115-foot work known as either the “Monument to Humanity” or the “Statue of Humanity.” According to Today’s Zaman, Erdogan, who was prime minister at the time of the visit, remarked: “They put a monstrosity next to the tomb of [Muslim scholar] Hasan Harakani. It is impossible to think that such a thing should exist next to fundamental works of art.”

http://www.ibtimes.com/turkey-armenia-p ... ne-1835546


...of course there will be an appeal, although i think the article demonstrates that Justice in Turkey, works, in some ways.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby Flying Horse » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:57 am

http://famagusta-gazette.com/expert-tea ... 722-69.htm

Quite the egotistical paranoid sultan isn't he......
User avatar
Flying Horse
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:57 pm

...in Kuwait,

TURKISH President Tayyip Erdogan was snubbed by 17 EU ambassadors accredited to Kuwait during a reception there on Tuesday, after he asked their Cypriot counterpart to leave the event, a foreign ministry official said on Thursday.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2015/04/30/erdog ... iot-envoy/

All the EU ambassadors stayed at the reception but refused to greet Erdogan. “They snubbed him apparently in show of support and solidarity to their Cypriot colleague,” Zenon said.

Phileleftheros reported that this annoyed Erdogan who cut his visit short.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby kurupetos » Fri May 01, 2015 1:39 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...in Kuwait,

TURKISH President Tayyip Erdogan was snubbed by 17 EU ambassadors accredited to Kuwait during a reception there on Tuesday, after he asked their Cypriot counterpart to leave the event, a foreign ministry official said on Thursday.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2015/04/30/erdog ... iot-envoy/

All the EU ambassadors stayed at the reception but refused to greet Erdogan. “They snubbed him apparently in show of support and solidarity to their Cypriot colleague,” Zenon said.

Phileleftheros reported that this annoyed Erdogan who cut his visit short.

Yes, that was really good. Well done Zenon. :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:45 pm

...first thing that came to my mind: clown;

Küçüktamer said Erdoğan called her daughter, Aktürk's wife, after a funeral ceremony held for the slain soldier last week. "My daughter did not respond to the call; the killed soldier's sister did. It was President Erdoğan calling. 'Who are you? The president or the prime minister?' the sister asked. He said he was the president. 'If your son Bilal is also wrapped in a Turkish flag like this one day, you can understand us. Should our sons pay the price for the decrease in votes for you?' she also asked. The president then told her that her brother should not have chosen this profession," Küçüktamer said.

http://www.todayszaman.com/latest-news_ ... 97678.html
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:23 am

...Erdogan wants and "needs" Hitler's power.

http://in-cyprus.com/hitlers-germany-ty ... al-system/

“There are already examples in the world. You can see it when you look at Hitler’s Germany."

“There are later examples in various other countries,” he told reporters, according to a recording broadcast by the Dogan news agency.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby Oceanside50 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:20 am

Mein kamph...had an effect
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby Lordo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:42 pm

ok he is thick as shit but he was elected democratically.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby DrCyprus » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:24 pm

Lordo wrote:ok he is thick as shit but he was elected democratically.


Can you explain how exactly his election was democratic?

An election happens and AKP doesn't get the result they want, so the declare that election invalid.

Then all the media are forced to broadcast AKP propaganda non-stop and whoever doesn't gets arrested for dubious reasons. All other candidate parties get 1/10 of the time AKP does.

How is that democratic?
DrCyprus
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 am

Re: The Official Erdogan the Clown Thread

Postby Kikapu » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:29 pm

DrCyprus wrote:
Lordo wrote:ok he is thick as shit but he was elected democratically.


Can you explain how exactly his election was democratic?

An election happens and AKP doesn't get the result they want, so the declare that election invalid.

Then all the media are forced to broadcast AKP propaganda non-stop and whoever doesn't gets arrested for dubious reasons. All other candidate parties get 1/10 of the time AKP does.

How is that democratic?


This is Lordo's version of Democracy. :lol:

Erdogan also started the recent war with the PKK just before the elections to add fear into Turks to vote for him, and if that wasn't enough, he also set off bombs in Ankara that killed over 100 people and another bomb in Eastern Turkey that killed 30+ and then he blamed ISIS for it, the same terrorist group Erdogan has been in bed with. Then there were ballot box stuffing with voters that did not exists. Only stupid Turks can buy Erdogan's bullshit, and there are many stupid Turks in Turkey.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests