The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby kurupetos » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:25 pm

It's not that simple... The Angloamericans need Turkey for reasons we all know about.

The situation in Crimea has only made Turkey's position even more important. :x

IMO, we should only bother with our own interests and benefits from this situation. Our only hope is for Turkey to start buggering with Russia... :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Flying Horse » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:06 pm

So if the EU say no.....that was a total waste of money, pouring into Turkey to smooth their ascension!

How many billions have they been handing over?
User avatar
Flying Horse
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Maximus » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Flying Horse wrote:So if the EU say no.....that was a total waste of money, pouring into Turkey to smooth their ascension!

How many billions have they been handing over?


About 6 billion euros from 2002 to 2013
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Mustiejodu » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:02 pm

The accession never started so give up with the dangling the eu stick as turkey won't fall for all the bull shit. GC s joined eu for leverage but found they can't do fuck all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . You tried enosis, that did not work. You tried to massacre and wipe out the TCs ,that did not work. You are trying now with the eu approach , that totally backfired. What next ? Just fuck off and accept your a bunch of sore loosers. Stop wasting your energy in trying to destroy TCs and put your energy in making cyprus a better and safer place to live in . All your actions do is give turkey more ammunition to just fill the north with limitless weaponry and overkill with so many soldiers. I blame your actions for the past 40 years which has resulted in turkey keeping her hands firmly on cyprus. If you had shown true interest in peace and resolution of the problems instead of using politics to strangle the TCs then we would not have been in the state we are now in. Now fuck off
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Maximus » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Mustiejodu wrote:The accession never started so give up with the dangling the eu stick as turkey won't fall for all the bull shit. GC s joined eu for leverage but found they can't do fuck all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . You tried enosis, that did not work. You tried to massacre and wipe out the TCs ,that did not work. You are trying now with the eu approach , that totally backfired. What next ? Just fuck off and accept your a bunch of sore loosers. Stop wasting your energy in trying to destroy TCs and put your energy in making cyprus a better and safer place to live in . All your actions do is give turkey more ammunition to just fill the north with limitless weaponry and overkill with so many soldiers. I blame your actions for the past 40 years which has resulted in turkey keeping her hands firmly on cyprus. If you had shown true interest in peace and resolution of the problems instead of using politics to strangle the TCs then we would not have been in the state we are now in. Now fuck off


You blame Cyprus for Turkeys backward behavior? :roll:
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Mustiejodu » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Your behaviour towards TCs are equal to turkey's behaviour towards GCS . You gave them the reason to intervene or as you would like it to be known as invasion . I am not blaming no one just simply stating the sequence of events that took place. What part of my statement can you deny. Also can you give me one logical answer to this question and I am interested in a GC opinion on this which is by turkey as you call it invading cyprus what has she benefited out of this for the past 40 years ? If you can tell me that she has made great wealth and power out of it then you need your head examined. What benefit has she gained from this situation and please don't tell me that turkey knew there was loads of gas 40 years ago and that's why she as you call it invaded. Now you can see the reason why Russia has invaded ukrain but turkey invading cyprus why ? If she needed so desperately why did she give it away to the british empire ? Any logical answers appreciated.
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Mustiejodu » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Maximus wrote:This is the EU's fault, they have been strung along and made to look like fools while Erdogan and his ministers now "burn books" and stuff shoebox's full of EU harmonization funds under their bed's.

There has been nothing from the EU yet, condemning the leaked plan to instigate a false flag operation so they can invade Syria. (are they in on it?) If this was Putin, they would be all over it.

EU accession talks with Turkey should come to an end and Turkey should be sanctioned. There is no hope for this nation and its unfortunate neighbors who have to share a border with it.

Turkey join the EU? This is the joke of the decade.




I believe cyprus joining the e u was the biggest joke of the century and eu regret allowing you in . What benefit have you given to eu ? None. Your bankrupt. What benefit has your motherland Greece given to eu ? None they have gone bankrupt . You have managed your economy to the ground and you have the odasity to comment on other country's . Who gives a fuck what happens in turkey. Get your house in order first before you name and shame .
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Mustiejodu » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:27 pm

I have to pay more taxes to keep your sorry ass . What benefit do you give to my life . None . Your too small to make any difference to eu so hush your beak and realise your limitations. Your getting too big for your boots and your stepping on toes mainly turkey's . Don't rattle the lions cage.
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Maximus » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Mustiejodu wrote:Your behaviour towards TCs are equal to turkey's behaviour towards GCS . You gave them the reason to intervene or as you would like it to be known as invasion . I am not blaming no one just simply stating the sequence of events that took place. What part of my statement can you deny. Also can you give me one logical answer to this question and I am interested in a GC opinion on this which is by turkey as you call it invading cyprus what has she benefited out of this for the past 40 years ? If you can tell me that she has made great wealth and power out of it then you need your head examined. What benefit has she gained from this situation and please don't tell me that turkey knew there was loads of gas 40 years ago and that's why she as you call it invaded. Now you can see the reason why Russia has invaded ukrain but turkey invading cyprus why ? If she needed so desperately why did she give it away to the british empire ? Any logical answers appreciated.


Turkey has made nothing from the invasion. Some Turkish property developers probably made a packet selling stolen GC property to unsuspecting victims and carpetbaggers but that is about it.

So since Turkey does not benefit from occupying Cyprus, it's just backwards to blame Cyprus for Turkeys behavior and choice to continue doing it.
Last edited by Maximus on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 pm

...Cyprus was a backwater under the 350 years of Turkish subjugation, nothing more than a barrack. the Modern Age brought changes, and with it a new significance to possessing the island, for the British.

the "Greeks" of Cyprus, then, were of no significance, as they are today, more like chattel rather than a People to the interlocutors, not unlike the population that is turcophone, more a nuisance for them. like the Generals of Turkey who consider the island an unsinkable aircraft carrier, Turkey's leadership has clearly stated that even without one "Turk" on the island, it would be supremely important to possess, (or at worst, kept impotent).
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests