The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Mustiejodu » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:14 pm

But why ? Why keep it impotent ? Why? What do they fear? If there is a logical reason for turkey to be in cyprus what is it? Looking at it from a birds eye perspective I will try and see it logically without the GC and TC thing in the equation . Looking at the bigger picture GC s have historically had support from Russia to an extent russian money was pumped into the economy hence when the recent economic problem occurred a lot of money was dispersed . Please correct me if I am going off target. This aliance does not settle well with USA no doubt hence requires a ally in cyprus being turkey the invader to build a massive army because I believe if turkey was not in cyprus then Russia would most definately had far more influence in cyprus and I don't think Europe or USA want this. The GC or greeks have all ways been a grey area to USA in where they stand in the alliance of county's and by keeping a ally turkey there actually keeps the peace in the area. You only have to look at ukrain. Do you ever see the uk or USA object to turkey being in cyprus. No way. They won't because it suits their interests. That's why the settlement can never just be about the interests of the cypriot people because it is not the interest of the local people it affects the interests of a far bigger deal here. When I say they keep the peace I mean their presence balances the power in the region for USA .
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:40 am

...Turkey cares for Turkey. Cyprus, if not impotent, is a threat.

and, being Greek overwhelmingly by population, it is in competition ideologically, given its geographic location, over the region; you asked what importance it has to Europe, here is the answer. if it was Greek, as in a part of Greece, this influence would be less (Turkey's design over its neighbours), although clearly, as a (physical) threat to Turkey even greater.

...where as Ataturk turned westward, toward integration, and toward Europe, Turkey today seeks the greatness it had before his efforts to create a State which within holds a Turkish Nation. "Turkishness" among "Turks" is more important to its elite than the Humanity which a man like Kemal represented, no different to the "Greeks" you are always going on about. there is a difference between people which has little to do with race, or ethnicity: Lest we Forget. if you love yourself, and you love the greatness that your origins reflect, i would suggest that the enemy is not "the other side" but your own fears, and the fact that the change you seek, if it is Justice seen, implies that you must rise above "them", by changing yourself. if you are Cypriot you will understand, Greek or Turk, the enemy lives among us, it is neither one or the other. looking at the big picture, as you say, has nothing to do with Russia, or the politics that you describe either, it has to do with what the Modern Age represents, and how there still exists those who resist the obligation to stop the plunder that comes from the hatred they promote.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby kurupetos » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:22 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...Cyprus was a backwater under the 350 years of Turkish subjugation, nothing more than a barrack. the Modern Age brought changes, and with it a new significance to possessing the island, for the British.

the "Greeks" of Cyprus, then, were of no significance, as they are today, more like chattel rather than a People to the interlocutors, not unlike the population that is turcophone, more a nuisance for them. like the Generals of Turkey who consider the island an unsinkable aircraft carrier, Turkey's leadership has clearly stated that even without one "Turk" on the island, it would be supremely important to possess, (or at worst, kept impotent).

Cyprus would be a shithole, like the "trnc" or Anatolia, if all its residents were TCs/Turks. :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:23 pm

indeed, thank goodness that there are Cypriots in Cyprus who can mind there own business whether Greek or Turkish, and who have the Grace to respect the fact that we are all the same: Human Beings; certainly not "Greeks" or "Turks" under one God.

asshole that you are stupetos, the shithouse that you speak of stinks because of people no better than you.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Maximus » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:15 pm

A senior meeting between Ankara and Brussels has been postponed. An EU diplomat speaking on condition of anonymity said that there would be too much Turkey bashing going around and both side will be unhappier afterwards. The relationship is becoming increasingly estranged.

“Those who didn’t want to hold the meeting consist of individuals who may be classified into two camps, with a meaningful nuance between each other: Some of them didn’t want it because they have been upset with Turkey. And the other side didn’t want it because, in addition to being upset with Turkey, they didn’t want to carry on speaking with Turkey either,” he said.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/eu-to- ... sCatID=510
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Mustiejodu » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:17 pm

kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...Cyprus was a backwater under the 350 years of Turkish subjugation, nothing more than a barrack. the Modern Age brought changes, and with it a new significance to possessing the island, for the British.

the "Greeks" of Cyprus, then, were of no significance, as they are today, more like chattel rather than a People to the interlocutors, not unlike the population that is turcophone, more a nuisance for them. like the Generals of Turkey who consider the island an unsinkable aircraft carrier, Turkey's leadership has clearly stated that even without one "Turk" on the island, it would be supremely important to possess, (or at worst, kept impotent).

Cyprus would be a shithole, like the "trnc" or Anatolia, if all its residents were TCs/Turks. :wink:


You obviously have never been to turkey to make such stereotypical remarks . The Turks if they are Turks that they bring to the north are very poor and backward people . I have seen their children running around bare foot. However this does not reflect on the whole nation. They do not have a sense of community solidarity that TCs or GCS have. They don't feel welcome and are treated like second class citizens. They obviously came over for a better life and I don't resent that because by you joining the eu that's what you aspire for. Everyone wants to better themselves and I believe everyone has a right to better themselves not a select few. So I say to you to go and fuck yourself you hypocrite. People in glass houses should not throw stones. The south is full of russian immigrants, there is a sex trade of uncontrollable magnitude, there is a secret slave trade going on with the philipino being used for sex. Every old greek rat bag has got a philipino cleaning their houses as they have become a lazy race. The old GC farts now have philipino girls as sex partners. You have become a immoral race of lazy greedy and arrogant backward donkeys. You can't deny this because I have seen it with my own eyes. Limassol has become a drug heaven and the land of prostitutes. Would you like me to carry on ? Is this the example that one should follow no fucking way. At least the north has not been spoilt to become a shit hole that you have made the south.
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Mustiejodu, it is a pity that you have deluded yourself; when a "Greek" minister needs a hump, he goes north for his little boys.

...get real instead of painting corruption pure because it is "yours".
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby kurupetos » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:51 am

Mustiejodu wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...Cyprus was a backwater under the 350 years of Turkish subjugation, nothing more than a barrack. the Modern Age brought changes, and with it a new significance to possessing the island, for the British.

the "Greeks" of Cyprus, then, were of no significance, as they are today, more like chattel rather than a People to the interlocutors, not unlike the population that is turcophone, more a nuisance for them. like the Generals of Turkey who consider the island an unsinkable aircraft carrier, Turkey's leadership has clearly stated that even without one "Turk" on the island, it would be supremely important to possess, (or at worst, kept impotent).

Cyprus would be a shithole, like the "trnc" or Anatolia, if all its residents were TCs/Turks. :wink:


You obviously have never been to turkey to make such stereotypical remarks . The Turks if they are Turks that they bring to the north are very poor and backward people . I have seen their children running around bare foot. However this does not reflect on the whole nation. They do not have a sense of community solidarity that TCs or GCS have. They don't feel welcome and are treated like second class citizens. They obviously came over for a better life and I don't resent that because by you joining the eu that's what you aspire for. Everyone wants to better themselves and I believe everyone has a right to better themselves not a select few. So I say to you to go and fuck yourself you hypocrite. People in glass houses should not throw stones. The south is full of russian immigrants, there is a sex trade of uncontrollable magnitude, there is a secret slave trade going on with the philipino being used for sex. Every old greek rat bag has got a philipino cleaning their houses as they have become a lazy race. The old GC farts now have philipino girls as sex partners. You have become a immoral race of lazy greedy and arrogant backward donkeys. You can't deny this because I have seen it with my own eyes. Limassol has become a drug heaven and the land of prostitutes. Would you like me to carry on ? Is this the example that one should follow no fucking way. At least the north has not been spoilt to become a shit hole that you have made the south.

The majority of Turks are backward idiots, like you. Most TCs are just lazy bums and cowards, like Lordo. :)

The only reason we joined the EU was security, but instead they got us bankrupt. :?

The Russians, Philippinos, Pakis, etc. come here on their own. Nobody is forcing them to come or stay. :wink:

At least the north has not been spoilt to become a shit hole that you have made the south


WTF? :shock: The "trnc" is a giant disposal centre full of trash, carpetbaggers and Anatolian gypsies. What's unspoilt? Pentadaktylos? :x

And now... feel free to sod off... you are free... :lol:

BTW, maybe we should ask Erdogan to ban CF! :idea: 8) :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby supporttheunderdog » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:55 am

Kuru you wanker, it is remarks like yours that give the invaders all the excuse they ned to maintain their illegal occupation. You really do come across a a nasty racist bit of shit.

I don't think Cyprus would be any better if it were a part of Greece. It would be a Greek barracks, a hardship posting, there would be little here for our young people, except in Tourism, or agriculture, but fewer jobs and those mostly at the lower level in other sectors and there would be an even greater diaspora as the younger most intelligent Cypriots fled to find work. Those with get and go would do just that.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8190
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Mustiejodu » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:59 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:Mustiejodu, it is a pity that you have deluded yourself; when a "Greek" minister needs a hump, he goes north for his little boys.

...get real instead of painting corruption pure because it is "yours".


You are a wise man and I respect your views because you make sense . All people have faults and I don't mean any disrespect to you but there are individuals in here that really think they are a better race and there is a sense of arogance coming from them. I can't help but just put them in their place knowing well that no one is perfect and the north is definately not perfect with its corruption. What I hate is the hypocracy . What's good for them is not ok for others. I welcome all creeds . I love the area I live in as it's full of different cultures bringing in a wealth of diversity. Please don't involve yourself in responding to me as your a wise man and my remarks are only to provoke those idiots. I know you find it odd that I speak in this way but then sound normal to you but that's because my remarks are only isolated and directed at those that think they are so great that any negative remarks sparks an outrage. Just look at how they respond . You and a few I noticed are really wise and speak sense. If only there were more like you and that other guy I think he is calked the observer. You both make sense and I don't want to insult you guys .
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests