The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Mustiejodu » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:13 pm

kurupetos wrote:
Mustiejodu wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...Cyprus was a backwater under the 350 years of Turkish subjugation, nothing more than a barrack. the Modern Age brought changes, and with it a new significance to possessing the island, for the British.

the "Greeks" of Cyprus, then, were of no significance, as they are today, more like chattel rather than a People to the interlocutors, not unlike the population that is turcophone, more a nuisance for them. like the Generals of Turkey who consider the island an unsinkable aircraft carrier, Turkey's leadership has clearly stated that even without one "Turk" on the island, it would be supremely important to possess, (or at worst, kept impotent).

Cyprus would be a shithole, like the "trnc" or Anatolia, if all its residents were TCs/Turks. :wink:


You obviously have never been to turkey to make such stereotypical remarks . The Turks if they are Turks that they bring to the north are very poor and backward people . I have seen their children running around bare foot. However this does not reflect on the whole nation. They do not have a sense of community solidarity that TCs or GCS have. They don't feel welcome and are treated like second class citizens. They obviously came over for a better life and I don't resent that because by you joining the eu that's what you aspire for. Everyone wants to better themselves and I believe everyone has a right to better themselves not a select few. So I say to you to go and fuck yourself you hypocrite. People in glass houses should not throw stones. The south is full of russian immigrants, there is a sex trade of uncontrollable magnitude, there is a secret slave trade going on with the philipino being used for sex. Every old greek rat bag has got a philipino cleaning their houses as they have become a lazy race. The old GC farts now have philipino girls as sex partners. You have become a immoral race of lazy greedy and arrogant backward donkeys. You can't deny this because I have seen it with my own eyes. Limassol has become a drug heaven and the land of prostitutes. Would you like me to carry on ? Is this the example that one should follow no fucking way. At least the north has not been spoilt to become a shit hole that you have made the south.

The majority of Turks are backward idiots, like you. Most TCs are just lazy bums and cowards, like Lordo. :)

The only reason we joined the EU was security, but instead they got us bankrupt. :?

The Russians, Philippinos, Pakis, etc. come here on their own. Nobody is forcing them to come or stay. :wink:

At least the north has not been spoilt to become a shit hole that you have made the south


WTF? :shock: The "trnc" is a giant disposal centre full of trash, carpetbaggers and Anatolian gypsies. What's unspoilt? Pentadaktylos? :x

And now... feel free to sod off... you are free... :lol:

BTW, maybe we should ask Erdogan to ban CF! :idea: 8) :lol:



They come to seek wealth but are then tricked and led to believe there is great wealth. The russian girls passports are taken away from them and they are used as sex slaves. Yes they come to earn and get a better life but that does not give you the right to infringe upon their human rights. You are part of the eu but you act like the fucking north which gas no funking rules which makes you a worse human being. What I noticed is the lack of care on the north because they have no accountability for their actions because they are not recognised and not only that there are no set processes but you are a legitimate country and part of the eu but take advantage of the weak. It is a fact that the GCS are the most racist eu members. You need to get off your high horses and treat people equal. I don't want a crap response from island girl giving me statistics about the ottomans and how they treated people. Human nature evolves and we are in the 21st century. You are governed by eu regulations which is there to make you a more civilised country. I also don't want to hear how turkey treats it's people. They are not in the eu and are not governed by regulations. They are not fit to join but you have demonstrated that you are so change your ways.
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby kurupetos » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:55 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:Kuru you wanker, it is remarks like yours that give the invaders all the excuse they ned to maintain their illegal occupation. You really do come across a a nasty racist bit of shit.

I don't think Cyprus would be any better if it were a part of Greece. It would be a Greek barracks, a hardship posting, there would be little here for our young people, except in Tourism, or agriculture, but fewer jobs and those mostly at the lower level in other sectors and there would be an even greater diaspora as the younger most intelligent Cypriots fled to find work. Those with get and go would do just that.

I don't give the slightest f*ck about your opinion, Mr Foreigner. :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby kurupetos » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Mustiejodu wrote:They come to seek wealth but are then tricked and led to believe there is great wealth. The russian girls passports are taken away from them and they are used as sex slaves. Yes they come to earn and get a better life but that does not give you the right to infringe upon their human rights. You are part of the eu but you act like the fucking north which gas no funking rules which makes you a worse human being. What I noticed is the lack of care on the north because they have no accountability for their actions because they are not recognised and not only that there are no set processes but you are a legitimate country and part of the eu but take advantage of the weak. It is a fact that the GCS are the most racist eu members. You need to get off your high horses and treat people equal. I don't want a crap response from island girl giving me statistics about the ottomans and how they treated people. Human nature evolves and we are in the 21st century. You are governed by eu regulations which is there to make you a more civilised country. I also don't want to hear how turkey treats it's people. They are not in the eu and are not governed by regulations. They are not fit to join but you have demonstrated that you are so change your ways.

Buy yourself some snickers. There is a long way to Ulan Bator and IMO you cannot make it barefooted. :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby Demonax » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:29 am

Turkey is not mature enough for the EU

Columnist Murat Yetkin, in Turkish daily Hurriyet Daily News (online, 15.04.14), in his following commentary, under the title "Is Turkish democracy not mature enough for the EU?", writes that Turkey is not mature enough for the EU:

Yetkin supports that Erdogan's Justice and Development Party (AKP) government will have a hard time to correct Turkey's damaged image in Europe, because what has been happening in Turkey for some time is not only an image problem.

According to Yetkin, "it is also naive to think that when you say there is no corruption and allegations are a part of a 'coup attempt' - without first dealing with the allegations - you expect everyone to buy it. Perhaps for the AKP voters who have integrated their future with Erdogan's, but not the rest; especially not your European partners."

He also wrote: "I was talking to an EU official in a critical position regarding Turkey's half-a-century old membership bid. My source, who doesn't wish to be identified, said something really striking and sad for me to hear. They said the general understanding in the EU Commission regarding the corruption allegations, the way the government handled them, and the result of the March 30 local elections, which were another win for Erdogan, was as follows: Turkish democracy is not mature enough to defend the basic principles behind it.

That was heavy. I asked why. My source gave two main reasons:

1- The government did not apply the basic rules of law, which is to prosecute reported crimes in independent courts. Instead, it tried to divert attention and changed the structure of the judiciary, casting a shadow over the separation of powers.

2- Civil society remained silent and did not force the government to do the opposite, which is 'something unthinkable in a European country'.

So it is not just the government, but also Turkish society that is responsible for this democratic immaturity, unfit to EU standards so far.

That also means that Minister Cavusoglu is trying to 'correct the image of Turkey' after people have thought something like this about Turkey; a really hard job."


Via Cyprus PIO
User avatar
Demonax
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby B25 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:06 am

No shit!
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6075
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Is this the end of Turkey's EU accession negotiations?

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Turkey is Alive!

...do not fear. what great imagination they, the people, have shown in the face of "it", although small in size, inspires the rest of us, you could say, Mankind.

what is the Problem, is the same problem in this great land, Turkey. it needs a BBF, more than Cyprus. at some point "Turks" will find their place, the Liberty to express themselves as a Constituency, as Persons (through Corporation) having through territorial Jurisdiction, self-representation, where, as a majority demonstrate an Agenda which may effect their needs first, but in Goodwill recognises and respects the special needs of minorities living among them; because as "Turks", there is still a State who's flag must fly above their own.

...blahblahblah

f_ck too much words, read my manifesto...
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7607
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Previous

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests