The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


...anyone willing to support my position?

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:52 am

...think about it; in a Republic of Cyprus, another level of government, a set of National Assemblies, the largest being Greek and Turkish who serve a population island-wide because the whole island, divided as it is, is pocketed with enclaves. Sovereignty is not the question, Cyprus has a Federal Government, what is internal as Politics, Justice seen, that which remains, a Language (and its Customs) to sustain, is satisfied by those who in their daily lives choose to live in the Territorial Jurisdiction of one Constituency or another (as a 'minority' or 'majority', i might add).

kimon, what do you say. if there is a Republic where we represent ourselves as Individuals, one man one vote, Citizens, equal, Sovereign, Cypriots, and a Turkish Constituency, as Persons, seeking an equality that secures themselves as a People, why not Cypriot Constituencies, as electorates, another level of government that defines a distinct identity by residence, (zonal), that can be promoted and sustained as Cypriot, why not a Greek Constituency (as well as others)?

...is this not Bicommunal (and Bizonal)?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:. ..... the largest being Greek ...


Stop right there!

That's ALL you need in a democracy.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:59 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:. ..... the largest being Greek ...


Stop right there!

That's ALL you need in a democracy.


...exactly why there should be a Greek Constituency; Greeks are Persons in Cyprus, if you are Cypriot, you are Cypriot.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby kurupetos » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:31 am

repulsewarrior wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:. ..... the largest being Greek ...


Stop right there!

That's ALL you need in a democracy.


...exactly why there should be a Greek Constituency; Greeks are Persons in Cyprus, if you are Cypriot, you are Cypriot.

Why do you need BBF partitionist shite then? :?
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:50 pm

...because there are "Greeks"/"Turks" who place Greekness and Turkishness, first.

...because Cypriots need representation as Cypriots, and as Persons, with Constituencies, they can choose to sustain another Identity, as well.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby kurupetos » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...because there are "Greeks"/"Turks" who place Greekness and Turkishness, first.

...because Cypriots need representation as Cypriots, and as Persons, with Constituencies, they can choose to sustain another Identity, as well.

No, there is simply a Greek majority and a Turkish minority.

Both communities can live together in a unitary system, without all this partitionist shite you and the UN want. :roll:

Any form of division will encourage extremists to seek partition, like in 1963.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby Oceanside50 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:45 pm

kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:. ..... the largest being Greek ...


Stop right there!

That's ALL you need in a democracy.


...exactly why there should be a Greek Constituency; Greeks are Persons in Cyprus, if you are Cypriot, you are Cypriot.

Why do you need BBF partitionist shite then? :?


partitionist shite


shit, where did the shite muslims come from?
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:17 pm

...easy for you kurupetos, because you are "Greek", to come to your simplistic conclusion. i believe that the "others", be they Greek or Turkish but Cypriot, deserve this recognition; "your" agenda, not unlike the "Turks", has failed us.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby kurupetos » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:33 am

Oceanside50 wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:. ..... the largest being Greek ...


Stop right there!

That's ALL you need in a democracy.


...exactly why there should be a Greek Constituency; Greeks are Persons in Cyprus, if you are Cypriot, you are Cypriot.

Why do you need BBF partitionist shite then? :?


partitionist shite


shit, where did the shite muslims come from?

You Americ*nts... :roll:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: ...anyone willing to support my position?

Postby kurupetos » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:42 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...easy for you kurupetos, because you are "Greek", to come to your simplistic conclusion. i believe that the "others", be they Greek or Turkish but Cypriot, deserve this recognition; "your" agenda, not unlike the "Turks", has failed us.

How did I fail you? :shock: :? On the contrary, Vassiliou, Clerides, Shistofkias (and now Annanstasiades) were all pro-BBF traitors, like you, and they all failed.

I am afraid you don't know the first thing about Cypriot politics and the Cyprus problem. :cry:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest