The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet?

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby kimon07 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:44 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
kimon07 wrote:
B25 wrote:As I have been saying all long, the EU is a spineless useless piece of crap. It is so obvious others also see it, here:

[i]Into the fifth decade of Turkish occupation of Cyprus, there is still no serious dictating by the EU to Turkey over what it must do about northern Cyprus. Turkey does not find itself under even the most remote international pressure finally to disengage from its illegal occupation of the northern part of Cyprus. And that is because for some inexplicable reason the EU does not consider it imperative that Turkey should disengage from the illegal occupation of an EU member state........
http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opin ... 013/07/23/


My thoughts exactly. But the stance of the EU is not at all inexplicable. It is dictated by the logic of the "enormous Turkish market" and, of cource, the instructions of Uncle Sam.


But "Uncle Sam" would not allow the EU to boycott Israel if it could prevent it, surely?


Uncle Sam is totaly confused lately. How else can you explain their support to the Muslim Brotherhood? How can you explain asking Israel to appologize to Erdogan for the results which HIS provocation brought in the case of Mavi Marmara?

The EU has to decide if it's going to be directed purely by financial measures........


You mean guided by financial interestrs.

Anyway, I don't think the EU has decided on its own stance with Turkey yet......


Of course not. It is incapable of doing so because it is incapable of planning a common foreign policy for all its members.

But once it does, and if it wishes to boycott, we need to have our reasons for objecting to the Israeli boycott pretty straight.


I don't really think there is any need to connect the way the EU regards the CP with the way they regard the Palestinian problem or their relations with Israel. In our case it is a matter of the EU disregarding what Turkey is doing AGAINST THE EU itself. Turkeys occupation of Cyprus is occupation of EU territory. Simple as that, I think. And if the EU continues to disregard this aspect of the problem, then the EU is non existent as a political union. Can you imagine the USA disregarding in such a way a theoretical occupation of Alaska by Russia or Texas by Mexico?

The article is good at highlighting why Turkey's occupation of Cyprus is.......


The situation which exposes the nakedness of the "king" (the EU, the USA, the UK etc)
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby Oceanside50 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:06 am

When analyzing political science try not to notice the minor ups or downs but instead focus on the long term trend..
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby Lordo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:41 am

when will you people realise that nobody will fight your wars. big fish will eat the little fish. get over it, learn your place in the world and you will feel better for it.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby kimon07 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Lordo wrote:when will you people realise that nobody will fight your wars......


Once again you pretend not to understand what we say. We don't expect anyone to fight a war for us.

What we say is this: We (the RoC) are a full member of a club of nations. And we expect our club to abide by its own rules and to apply and enforce them on all its members and on all the outsiders (Turkey) who wish to become members, especially if thirds are harassing other club members. The day our club decides to abide by its rules and to enforce them (by imposing, for instance, financial, military and political embargo against Turkey for illegally occupying club premises, for threatening a club member, for disregarding the existing UN resolutions etc, etc, etc) Turkey would be out of Cyprus in just a few months.

What we are (or rather, should be) asking is that our club should first deal with the serious problems and threats a club member is facing before it starts getting "sensitive" over the problems of other clubs. Before it deals with how to reinforce the Islamist fanatics to oust Assad from Syria, it should first deal with how to help Cyprus to get rid of Turkey. And before it starts dictating to Istrael what it should do with Gaza, it should first suspend all accession negotiations with Turkey and and investments in it. And it should also appeal to all competent international fora asking them to condemn Turkey and to force it to abide by the UN and the EU resolutions and get the f@@k out. OR ELSE.......!!
kimon07
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Lordo wrote:when will you people realize that nobody will fight your wars.

Look who is talking! :lol:

1963, 1967, 1974

Turkey fighting your wars every time!

big fish will eat the little fish. get over it, learn your place in the world and you will feel better for it.

Exactly! That's why you were beaten to a pulp in 1963 (Kokkina) and 1967 (Kofinou) so get over it and accept your fate.

Your community is not even a fish... it's a constipated tadpole!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40448
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:56 pm

kimon07 wrote:
Lordo wrote:when will you people realise that nobody will fight your wars......


Once again you pretend not to understand what we say. We don't expect anyone to fight a war for us.

What we say is this: We (the RoC) are a full member of a club of nations. And we expect our club to abide by its own rules and to apply and enforce them on all its members and on all the outsiders (Turkey) who wish to become members, especially if thirds are harassing other club members. The day our club decides to abide by its rules and to enforce them (by imposing, for instance, financial, military and political embargo against Turkey for illegally occupying club premises, for threatening a club member, for disregarding the existing UN resolutions etc, etc, etc) Turkey would be out of Cyprus in just a few months.

What we are (or rather, should be) asking is that our club should first deal with the serious problems and threats a club member is facing before it starts getting "sensitive" over the problems of other clubs. Before it deals with how to reinforce the Islamist fanatics to oust Assad from Syria, it should first deal with how to help Cyprus to get rid of Turkey. And before it starts dictating to Istrael what it should do with Gaza, it should first suspend all accession negotiations with Turkey and and investments in it. And it should also appeal to all competent international fora asking them to condemn Turkey and to force it to abide by the UN and the EU resolutions and get the f@@k out. OR ELSE.......!!

What kind of a stupid response is this? Green horses!

Watch unkie GR and learn how to respond properly to provocations swiftly and efficiently.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40448
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby Lordo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:33 pm

gr you wonder why tcs will never let go of the guarantee. you were so brave beating the tcs a quarter of your population to pulp.

eynigede sandon shillon bu ethelen na fai don gatsoshiron. gala nasas gamen i durgia. dje na sas game bale na bordisis me do papazissas.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Lordo wrote:gr you wonder why tcs will never let go of the guarantee. you were so brave beating the tcs a quarter of your population to pulp.

eynigede sandon shillon bu ethelen na fai don gatsoshiron. gala nasas gamen i durgia. dje na sas game bale na bordisis me do papazissas.

Re shillostrae vromoshille...

Babas = singular

Babades = plural

:)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40448
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Can we have a translation please? :?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Occupied Territories’: What about Cyprus, Kashmir, Tibet

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Paphitis wrote:Can we have a translation please? :?

Lordo:

“You became like the dog who wanted to eat the hedgehog… you deserve what Turkey did to you and they’ll screw you again so you fart with the priest”

:lol:

You see? He speaks our language but you don't!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40448
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests