The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:30 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Well duh! If you’ve written a script then spoken language is a given! :lol:


Not necessarily. There are 'languages' that exist in written form only. The spoken forms were very different. It's believed that Latin was such. It was a writing script based on Greek (via Etruscan) but a different form with different grammar was spoken (Vulgar Latin). The elite spoke Greek (as well as writing Greek, as needed).

Why of course! :idea:

How else can we accommodate a people who “invented” a language 2000 years later, to reap all the credit for the previous 2000 years? :?

Declare the previous guys MUTE!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:35 am

Sotos wrote::lol: So you think that language = script :lol: You are so stupid to understand that (a) a language could exist without a script or (b) that the same language can be written with different scripts?

(b) The people you are referring to didn't have alphabets... they had were syllabaries, hieroglyphics etc

Well there you go people… Cypriots were MUTE so they couldn’t have invented anything! :? :lol:

You’re so pathetic re Soto… :(
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:43 am

Amarna letters exchanged by Cypriots, Egyptians, Babylonians, and Assyrians…

http://www.churchofchrist-cg-az.com/ima ... ayCase.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amarna_letters


This one was sent from Cyprus to Egypt…
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... tablet.jpg


The overwhelming evidence of the Cypriot civilization is there in museums but of course some have been conditioned to ignore it… :wink:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:01 am

Cyprus history according to Sotos:

When ancient Egyptians first visited Cyprus they saw hundreds of Cypriot drones standing motionless and asked…

“How come you guys don’t speak, don’t move, and don’t do anything?”

And they replied (with hand signals)

“Well we’re just waiting for 2000 years to go by so that these really clever Greeks will come along and lead the way!”

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby Sotos » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:04 am

“How come you guys don’t speak, don’t move, and don’t do anything?”


Talking, moving and doing things is not enough to have a civilization. Those are things that ALL humans have been doing for 100.000 years. Modern humans have been inhabiting Europe since 30.000BC. But it is one thing to talk, move and do things and a very different one to have a major Civilization. The Greek Civilization was one of the most important civilizations in the whole history and FAR exceeded whatever existed in Cyprus before. Only an idiot like you would put Cyprus as a "civilization" next to real major civilizations such as the Greeks, Egyptians, Babylonians etc.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10651
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:54 am

Sotos wrote:
“How come you guys don’t speak, don’t move, and don’t do anything?”


Talking, moving and doing things is not enough to have a civilization. Those are things that ALL humans have been doing for 100.000 years. Modern humans have been inhabiting Europe since 30.000BC. But it is one thing to talk, move and do things and a very different one to have a major Civilization. The Greek Civilization was one of the most important civilizations in the whole history and FAR exceeded whatever existed in Cyprus before. Only an idiot like you would put Cyprus as a "civilization" next to real major civilizations such as the Greeks, Egyptians, Babylonians etc.

It's considered "important" because it's been MARKETED to death! :wink:

You see the Greeks know how to market their bullshit to elevate their importance… even if half of it is made up or stolen from others! :lol:

It’s a shame you haven’t learned anything from them even though you claim to admire them and have inherited so much more reason to boast… if you’re a real Cypriot that is and not some kalamaras wasting our time here.

Btw, Cypriots had an alphabet and became Christians long before Greeks… so much for the Greek “civilization”! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby Sotos » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:58 am

Only a fool would doubt the greatness of the Greek civilization... so I will not waste my time arguing about what is obvious to every educated person in the whole planet ;) And you keep repeating bullshit even though I corrected you. The people of Cyprus in that time did NOT have an ALPHABET. They had the Cypro-Minoan SYLLABARY which was NOT older than Linear B which was used to write write Greek. You are unable to learn even basic facts even when they are presented in front you :lol: And adopting Christianity is not a sign of a great civilization either... otherwise Zambia would be a great civilization also!
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10651
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:08 am

Sotos wrote:Only a fool would doubt the greatness of the Greek civilization... so I will not waste my time arguing about what is obvious to every educated person in the whole planet ;) And you keep repeating bullshit even though I corrected you. The people of Cyprus in that time did NOT have an ALPHABET. They had the Cypro-Minoan SYLLABARY which was NOT older than Linear B which was used to write write Greek. You are unable to learn even basic facts even when they are presented in front you :lol: And adopting Christianity is not a sign of a great civilization either... otherwise Zambia would be a great civilization also!

The Cypriot alphabet is different to the Cypriot-Minoan but anyway, it doesn't matter because it was all made in Cyprus! :lol:

Birthplace Of Greek Alphabet Identified
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 151297.php


Religion is a very important factor before one can claim to be "civilised" because the other alternative is paganism!

The Church of Cyprus was established in 431 AD

The Church of Greece was established in 1833 AD

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby kurupetos » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:34 pm

What the f*ck is going on here? :?
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17896
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Mother Tongue: Our dialect and our education system

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:06 pm

kurupetos wrote:What the f*ck is going on here? :?

Your Hellenic brother is getting booted all the way back to Athens! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests