The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby bill cobbett » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:52 am

At around 01 00h GMT this morning, the Barbaros HP was within 2nm of the coast near Vokolida in the Occupied Karpas.

It has now been joined by a guard ship, the Bravo Supporter, which is a Gibraltar reg'd ship owned by the Norwegian company Opstad AS.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby Demonax » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Reports by Turkish Cypriot daily Kibrisli that a drilling platform had also arrived off the island’s northern coast, proved to be inaccurate. According to online tracking, the platform was yesterday located just off the port of Iskenderun, Turkey.


http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/11/27/turke ... he-island/
User avatar
Demonax
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Demonax wrote:
Reports by Turkish Cypriot daily Kibrisli that a drilling platform had also arrived off the island’s northern coast, proved to be inaccurate. According to online tracking, the platform was yesterday located just off the port of Iskenderun, Turkey.


http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/11/27/turke ... he-island/


Cynic that I am, I suspect they (Turks) think they will get away with "only" 3 survey ships digging around our waters because, hey ho, they haven't really brought along a rig! :roll: (Actually, since this has been followed by the RoC for about 5 days, I suspect the rig has been moved back.)

I hope the RoC still make a big stink even if it is "only" survey ships the Turks are sending into our waters!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby Demonax » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:15 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Demonax wrote:
Reports by Turkish Cypriot daily Kibrisli that a drilling platform had also arrived off the island’s northern coast, proved to be inaccurate. According to online tracking, the platform was yesterday located just off the port of Iskenderun, Turkey.


http://cyprus-mail.com/2013/11/27/turke ... he-island/


Cynic that I am, I suspect they (Turks) think they will get away with "only" 3 survey ships digging around our waters because, hey ho, they haven't really brought along a rig! :roll: (Actually, since this has been followed by the RoC for about 5 days, I suspect the rig has been moved back.)

I hope the RoC still make a big stink even if it is "only" survey ships the Turks are sending into our waters!


Typical Turkish nonsense is what it is. They think that while 'peace talks' are happening that sending 'research vessels' to Cyprus is going to make the GCs cave in to their demands. I'm sure a protest has been raised but sometimes the Turks just need to be ignored. They just want the attention...
User avatar
Demonax
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby Lordo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:39 pm

so where were the israilies when this was going on. i though you boys and 2 girls thought you had a pact with the devil to help you.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Lordo wrote:so where were the israilies when this was going on. i though you boys and 2 girls thought you had a pact with the devil to help you.


You will have to do a lot more than just cruise about for the Israelis to act. They are not stupid. But rest assured, that they were watching.

Pierce the seabed, and see what happens.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby bill cobbett » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Can we put this alleged exploration for HCs by the Barbaros in to context...???

The Republic has had three very highly regarded and capable survey ships and a host of guard boats working on its behalf for weeks, in just a small part of the CY EEZ and one of those surveys, by the Ramform Sovereign, is set to continue 'til March.

These are surveys by ships of the highest calibre and which have the backing of the vast number crunching and expert analysis that's needed to find those geological anomalies that trap HCs.

The outdated Barbaros on the other hand, wallowing around on its own, is trying to cover the vast area of the northern CY EEZ. It darts from place to place, everywhere from Famagusta Bay to Cape Kormatikis, areas which, in any event, just haven't had the necessary geological upheavals of the waters to the south and west.

So boys and girls, there is only one context, the Barbaros is carrying out an amateurish scam of a survey that has zero real exploration potential in areas which don't have promising prospects for HCs.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:07 pm

bill cobbett wrote:So boys and girls, there is only one context, the Barbaros is carrying out an amateurish scam of a survey that has zero real exploration potential in areas which don't have promising prospects for HCs.


Potential or not; that's not the issue here. What is at stake is Cyprus' sovereignty and the EU's potency.

- The longer Turkey continues unchallenged in these games, the more credibility is accrued.

Our dismissal on the basis that Turkey won't find anything is the first sign of acceptance.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby bill cobbett » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:32 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
bill cobbett wrote:So boys and girls, there is only one context, the Barbaros is carrying out an amateurish scam of a survey that has zero real exploration potential in areas which don't have promising prospects for HCs.


Potential or not; that's not the issue here. What is at stake is Cyprus' sovereignty and the EU's potency.

- The longer Turkey continues unchallenged in these games, the more credibility is accrued.

Our dismissal on the basis that Turkey won't find anything is the first sign of acceptance.


Given the lack of any substantive help from the Union to either Greece or CY in EEZ matters, you really ought to be talking of the EU's Impotency.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Turkey Invades Cyprus-EU waters ...

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:53 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Potential or not; that's not the issue here. What is at stake is Cyprus' sovereignty and the EU's potency.

It’s funny reading about your “concern” over Cyprus' sovereignty when you never miss an opportunity to undermine Cyprus' sovereignty by telling us that Cyprus is a Greek island and we are therefore all Greeks! :lol:

At the same time what you're doing is a good reminder to all concerned that Cyprus' sovereignty is in fact being threatened by TWO foreign countries and their self serving ideologies (indoctrinations), and not just the one.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests