The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


I have got religion

We all need a good laugh.

Re: I have got religion

Postby Oceanside50 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:42 pm

I don't think your buddy GR can sit there and try and silence someone for what I said, trying to assume a group is offended is a personal judgement and not necessarily fact..it's an assumption that nothing has changed or capable of change.
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: I have got religion

Postby Get Real! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Oceanside50 wrote:I don't think your buddy GR can sit there and try and silence someone for what I said, trying to assume a group is offended is a personal judgement and not necessarily fact..it's an assumption that nothing has changed or capable of change.

Look, GROW THE FUCK UP because in Cyprus we don’t have those prejudiced religious issues you have in the US.

Our problem is a POLITICAL dispute with a neighboring country that is illegally occupying a portion of our territory and just because they happen to be predominantly Muslim doesn’t mean that we thus have a gripe with Islam the world around so forget your sweeping American slogans in here.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40393
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: I have got religion

Postby Talisker » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:43 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:I had too look twice, but if you want to kiss Jesus kiss this.

image.jpg

This is a disgraceful post. Why demonstrate such disrespect for those who have beliefs which differ from your own? (...and it doesn't matter, and is none of your business anyway, whether I am a believer or not). Distinct lack of class STUD...
User avatar
Talisker
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:41 pm
Location: UK

Re: I have got religion

Postby Talisker » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:57 pm

Cap wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:
Cap wrote:Offensive topic to the religious.

Christians are apt to forgive you.
Muslims are more inclined to behead you.



nothing is mo0re prejudiced, racist or biased when you lump all people of the same group into one category: ie all niggas are of low intellect, Jew are stingy all Mexicans are lazy or all Muslims will blow you up or will curb your freedom of expression against their religion.


I agree actually.

But I don't do that.
The law of averages explains that perfectly.

Back in South Africa in college, and this is a true story, it blew my mind how a black chick could totally dominate an entire classroom full of majority white students in the math department. Test after test.. top honors, yet the majority of the black students were inferior or dropped out eventually. Total annihilation, and I was impressed.

A Denzel Washington here, or a fantastic black doctor we all know who lives down the road there.
Or a sensational black athlete, or a a Nigerian philanthropist who immigrated to the US cannot change the law of averages.
We're talking averages, not individuals.
It's understood, we all get it.

And I personally understand it.

What a load of crap. Do you really think the 'average' white and black student in SA start (even now....) from the same socioeconomic level, having had equivalent generational opportunities in education, jobs, housing, nutrition, etc, etc? And that you, amongst your 'average' whites, hadn't started out at a phenomenal advantage compared with the 'average' blacks you choose to denigrate so much?
User avatar
Talisker
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1029
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:41 pm
Location: UK

Re: I have got religion

Postby Get Real! » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:47 am

Talisker wrote:What a load of crap. Do you really think the 'average' white and black student in SA start (even now....) from the same socioeconomic level, having had equivalent generational opportunities in education, jobs, housing, nutrition, etc, etc? And that you, amongst your 'average' whites, hadn't started out at a phenomenal advantage compared with the 'average' blacks you choose to denigrate so much?

Cap reminds me so much of my Cypro-RSA next door neighbor; they’re great for eating, drinking, and joking with but forget about having any meaningful discussions with them. :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40393
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: I have got religion

Postby Paphitis » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:54 am

Get Real! wrote:Look, GROW THE FUCK UP because in Cyprus we don’t have those prejudiced religious issues you have in the US.

Our problem is a POLITICAL dispute with a neighboring country that is illegally occupying a portion of our territory and just because they happen to be predominantly Muslim doesn’t mean that we thus have a gripe with Islam the world around so forget your sweeping American slogans in here.


They don't have too many issues in the US either.

You should go to the US one day in your life. It is an amazing country. Americans are probably the nicest people you would ever meet.

I could live there in a heartbeat!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: I have got religion

Postby Cap » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:15 am

Yes, whatever you say Tali.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: I have got religion

Postby Oceanside50 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:I don't think your buddy GR can sit there and try and silence someone for what I said, trying to assume a group is offended is a personal judgement and not necessarily fact..it's an assumption that nothing has changed or capable of change.

Look, GROW THE FUCK UP because in Cyprus we don’t have those prejudiced religious issues you have in the US.

Our problem is a POLITICAL dispute with a neighboring country that is illegally occupying a portion of our territory and just because they happen to be predominantly Muslim doesn’t mean that we thus have a gripe with Islam the world around so forget your sweeping American slogans in here.


you're not in Cyprus anymore Dorothy, you"re in Europe. Religion is becoming an issue along with freedom of speech and you will have to deal with it especially if there is a solution(probably not) and Cypriots will have to live in the same country with fanatical anatolian settlers…..have some foresight…With complete freedom of speech here in America there is no problem with the different types of peoples…ask yourself why….Why GR?(lets see if you can figure it out)
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: I have got religion

Postby Cap » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:38 pm

I think if GR looks a little closer he'll discover that religion, 'mama affiliation' and language were part of the criteria for the island's division.
It was purely 'ethnic'

Cyprus wasn't divided along the lines of what color car you drive, sexual preference or what brand of cigarettes you smoke.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6796
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: I have got religion

Postby Oceanside50 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:I don't think your buddy GR can sit there and try and silence someone for what I said, trying to assume a group is offended is a personal judgement and not necessarily fact..it's an assumption that nothing has changed or capable of change.

Look, GROW THE FUCK UP because in Cyprus we don’t have those prejudiced religious issues you have in the US.

Our problem is a POLITICAL dispute with a neighboring country that is illegally occupying a portion of our territory and just because they happen to be predominantly Muslim doesn’t mean that we thus have a gripe with Islam the world around so forget your sweeping American slogans in here.



A political dispute it surely is but the dispute is with a society that is willing to accept an article 301. Are you?
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Jokes and Enigmas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests