The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


What happened to flight MH370?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby Paphitis » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:53 pm

And the fall from grace of CNN!

After the great work they did with MH370, the bought out their journos that have absolutely no idea and fed the public an enormous amount of bullshit!

They didn't even know the definition of diversion.

Yes CNN, an altitude change request to go over a TS is not a diversion and pilots don't train for hundreds of hours to do an altitude change.

CNN, Major fail!

I reckon GiG can do a better job than that!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby Paphitis » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:07 pm

At last! Richard Quest to the rescue who saves CNNs credibility!

Chances are the aircraft broke up in the air.

There was no PAN PAN call or Mayday.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby kurupetos » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Paphitis wrote:At last! Richard Quest to the rescue who saves CNNs credibility!

Chances are the aircraft broke up in the air.

There was no PAN PAN call or Mayday.

Are you sure it didn't land on the moon? :?
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17893
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:19 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Kikapu wrote:So, what do you think happened to flight MH370?


Several months later, after the Aussies sabotaged the searches and gave us ....nothing! ... thoughts of those still missing are full of despair.

Today, many more families and friends are equally affected as they wait for news of their missing:

An AirAsia Indonesia airliner flying from Indonesia to Singapore with 162 people on board has lost contact with air traffic control.

Flight QZ8501 went missing at 07:24 (23:24 GMT), AirAsia tweeted.

The plane, an Airbus A320-200, disappeared midway into the flight of more than two hours and no distress call was issued.

Indonesian military planes and aircraft from Singapore are searching an area of the Java Sea.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30614627

Fingers crossed this will provide a quick answer (a fortunate one is too much to hope for) and offer some clues towards the ongoing (???) searches for MH370.

Prayers and good wishes ...


On the basis that, so far, there are similarities emerging between the disappearance of the MH370 and the currently un-located QZ8501, it might be helpful to track the progress of searches being conducted. A comparison between what was done then, and what was learnt, might give us an insight into whether they are doing things differently this time.

So far, we have a similar early release of information:

AirAsia QZ8501 likely 'at the bottom of the sea', says rescue chief
Hopes fade that search efforts will find any survivors from the 162 people on missing plane, which is thought to have crashed

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/d ... scue-chief

OK - now, what was it about satellite information, transponders and beacons that caused a stir last time?

(reads through the thread ....)
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby Paphitis » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:25 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Kikapu wrote:So, what do you think happened to flight MH370?


Several months later, after the Aussies sabotaged the searches and gave us ....nothing! ... thoughts of those still missing are full of despair.

Today, many more families and friends are equally affected as they wait for news of their missing:

An AirAsia Indonesia airliner flying from Indonesia to Singapore with 162 people on board has lost contact with air traffic control.

Flight QZ8501 went missing at 07:24 (23:24 GMT), AirAsia tweeted.

The plane, an Airbus A320-200, disappeared midway into the flight of more than two hours and no distress call was issued.

Indonesian military planes and aircraft from Singapore are searching an area of the Java Sea.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30614627

Fingers crossed this will provide a quick answer (a fortunate one is too much to hope for) and offer some clues towards the ongoing (???) searches for MH370.

Prayers and good wishes ...


On the basis that, so far, there are similarities emerging between the disappearance of the MH370 and the currently un-located QZ8501, it might be helpful to track the progress of searches being conducted. A comparison between what was done then, and what was learnt, might give us an insight into whether they are doing things differently this time.

So far, we have a similar early release of information:

AirAsia QZ8501 likely 'at the bottom of the sea', says rescue chief
Hopes fade that search efforts will find any survivors from the 162 people on missing plane, which is thought to have crashed

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/d ... scue-chief

OK - now, what was it about satellite information, transponders and beacons that caused a stir last time?

(reads through the thread ....)


there is absolutely no comparison because QZ8501 was being interrogated by Secondary Surveillance Radar (Transponder was ON), and was transmitting ACARS parameters back to Operations. Unless of course the pilot deactivated all these systems and diverted to another location off its planned route. Also, QZ8501 could not have flown very far if that is the case. A completely far fetched scenario it is too and no one is seriously contemplating it.

QZ8501 only had 8,296KG of fuel - trip fuel plus 2 hours of reserve fuel which included holding fuel (30 minutes for Changi).

http://jansaviation.com/files/QZ8501-LoadTrim.pdf
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby Pyrpolizer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Paphitis wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Kikapu wrote:So, what do you think happened to flight MH370?


Several months later, after the Aussies sabotaged the searches and gave us ....nothing! ... thoughts of those still missing are full of despair.


You're so very deluded to think the Aussies sabotaged anything!

Just to give you an appreciation of the gigantic search effort for MH370 which is still underway, you need to look at the numerous reports of all the activities, and search progress. Everything has been disclosed to the general public and can be found right here.

http://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370.aspx

Start reading girl - if you're capable of understanding anything about aviation that is!

Do you get this kind of transparency from Greece or Cyprus? Not in a million years you would!


That's dust in the eyes of suckers like you not transparency.
3 planes in one year and you still can't figure out the connection
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9084
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby Paphitis » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Kikapu wrote:So, what do you think happened to flight MH370?


Several months later, after the Aussies sabotaged the searches and gave us ....nothing! ... thoughts of those still missing are full of despair.


You're so very deluded to think the Aussies sabotaged anything!

Just to give you an appreciation of the gigantic search effort for MH370 which is still underway, you need to look at the numerous reports of all the activities, and search progress. Everything has been disclosed to the general public and can be found right here.

http://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370.aspx

Start reading girl - if you're capable of understanding anything about aviation that is!

Do you get this kind of transparency from Greece or Cyprus? Not in a million years you would!


That's dust in the eyes of suckers like you not transparency.
3 planes in one year and you still can't figure out the connection


The suckers are the idiots that sit around in the Kafeneio and think about every conspiracy theory under the sun.

The ATSB has contracted private international firms responsible for finding AF447.

The ATSB is a law unto itself independent of the Government. They are the legislator responsible for the Civil Aviation Safety Authority which is delegated to enforce the Civil Aviation Act.

The equivalent in the US is the NTSB.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby Pyrpolizer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:08 pm

PRAT thinks the idiots are those whose money are spent for it
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9084
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby Paphitis » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:17 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:PRAT thinks the idiots are those whose money are spent for it


All I got to say is that Australia must be the smartest country in the world to pull the wool over the eyes of so many countries, corporations (Boeing being just one) and about a dozen other regulatory bodies from around the world.

Nice one idiot! And the gain is what exactly?

Australia has an international obligation which it has to see through as a member of ICAO.

We bloody well know that the search is difficult. I mean hello and use your friggin brain. AF447 took nearly 2 years to find. QZ8501 has not been found in 48 hours. MH370 had zero information as to its whereabouts (no radar fix and no ACARS).

The search has to continue until all avenues are exhausted. It's only fair for the relatives of the deceased.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: What happened to flight MH370?

Postby Paphitis » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Let's look at it this way!

If the US or Australia shot MH370 down then they had the legal right to do so especially if MH370 went through an ADIZ and failed to respond to Military CTR. It's thousands of miles from its planned route so no one and I mean no one can say a thing about it.

There is no justification in dreaming the most elaborate cover up ever conceived and pull the wool over so many stakeholders and I don't think either country will give a damn about any public opinion, especially from the Kafeneio. They have ADIZ for a reason.

Both countries would even shoot down their own if they had to.

And let's be very clear. MH370 was a lot closer to Australian ADIZ than Diego Garcia. Harold E Holt is a submarine HF communications station for the entire Australian Submarine Fleet and the USN Nuclear Submarine Fleet. That is where the launch codes are sent through to the USN ICBMs - not kidding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Comm ... ld_E._Holt

MH370 would most certainly be shot down if it got anywhere near Harold E Holt because if that place is taken out, the Australian and USN Sub Fleets are literally sailing blind.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest