The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Miltiades looking for a small car

Sell and buy used things, look for a job etc.

Moderator: Piratis

Re: Miltiades looking for a small car

Postby miltiades » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:53 am

Well folks, day after tomorrow I shall be in Limassol, away from the 14th century south London, and into the 21st century.

My hired car will be waiting for me and the grandchildren so anxious to ...pounce on my two suitcases containing, what else ??? My only grandson had his 6th birthday yesterday, first time I miss it, I have promised him to bring along his birthday present, he is very much into trucks, diggers and ...Kokka !!

My other two, the oldest 10 and the youngest 4, both girls of course, are excited at the prospect of being thoroughly spoiled.

As for buying a car, decided to get one in Cyprus hassle free etc.

Long Llive Cyprus the Greatest Nation On Earth, ( the USA SECOND :lol: )
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Miltiades looking for a small car

Postby B25 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:02 am

miltiades wrote:As for buying a car, decided to get one in Cyprus hassle free etc.


Wise move
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Miltiades looking for a small car

Postby supporttheunderdog » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm

We worked out for a modest second hand car under 1650 cc the extra cost to bring to Cyprus including shipping, duty, registration etc., was about 2 grand. Anything up to 1650 is rated at I think 51c per cc. Over 1650cc and it began to get massive because of the duty at something like euro 3.51 per cc (about 2 Cyprus quid in real money) before allowances for age, mileage and emissions. A newish low mileage 2 litre car could attract as much as seven grand in excise duty, if not more if the co2 was high. That meant about an extra 8 grand to bring in a bigger engined car.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Miltiades looking for a small car

Postby supporttheunderdog » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:58 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:We worked out for a modest second hand car under 1650 cc the extra cost to bring to Cyprus including shipping, duty, registration etc., was about 2 grand. Anything up to 1650 is rated at I think 51c per cc. Over 1650cc and it began to get massive because of the duty at something like euro 3.51 per cc (about 2 Cyprus quid in real money) before allowances for age, mileage and emissions. A newish low mileage 2 litre car could attract as much as seven grand in excise duty, if not more if the co2 was high. That meant about an extra 8 grand to bring in a bigger engined car.

Just found that that in September the rules excise tax on bring a car from the Eu changed for the better and, for some cars, with low CO2 emissions, it is now down to a base price of 0.02 euro per cc, so eg a Toyota Prius 1.8 will cost EUR 35.94...

Makes the game a bit different for importing...
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Miltiades looking for a small car

Postby bill cobbett » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:28 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:We worked out for a modest second hand car under 1650 cc the extra cost to bring to Cyprus including shipping, duty, registration etc., was about 2 grand. Anything up to 1650 is rated at I think 51c per cc. Over 1650cc and it began to get massive because of the duty at something like euro 3.51 per cc (about 2 Cyprus quid in real money) before allowances for age, mileage and emissions. A newish low mileage 2 litre car could attract as much as seven grand in excise duty, if not more if the co2 was high. That meant about an extra 8 grand to bring in a bigger engined car.

Just found that that in September the rules excise tax on bring a car from the Eu changed for the better and, for some cars, with low CO2 emissions, it is now down to a base price of 0.02 euro per cc, so eg a Toyota Prius 1.8 will cost EUR 35.94...

Makes the game a bit different for importing...


yes, that's a massive change.

In the meantime Milti, perhaps an offer for "g"IG's motor. It has the advantage of one ridiculously careful lady owner...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Previous

Return to Classifieds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests