The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


CABLENET: Stay away!

Anything related to the Internet, computers and technology in general.

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby Get Real! » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:33 pm

DT. wrote: :shock: wtf's a fax?

It's just Xaf spelled backwards.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40426
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby RichardB » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Get Real! wrote:
DT. wrote: :shock: wtf's a fax?

It's just Xaf spelled backwards.

Fax are what some on forum post without checking them first :wink:
User avatar
RichardB
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Blackpool/Lefkosia

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby kyriacos » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Yes he did say Cyta is good but then again Primetel mostly buys services from Cyta both for distribution and (mostly) for access (local loop/POTS), since their own network is undeveloped and does not cover the majority of subscribers. Hence if he said Cyta is shite then a service like Primetel xDSL can't be much good can it..

I never said he's a bad guy and don't know him at all so couldn't really say but tell me one thing: do you think its possible that he boasted about his company's internet performance and stability in an extended post where he described his experience as an end user but somehow *forgot* to mention he actually works there? I mean that counts at the very least as cheeky doesn't it!
kyriacos
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:14 am

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby B25 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:23 pm

kyriacos wrote:Yes he did say Cyta is good but then again Primetel mostly buys services from Cyta both for distribution and (mostly) for access (local loop/POTS), since their own network is undeveloped and does not cover the majority of subscribers. Hence if he said Cyta is shite then a service like Primetel xDSL can't be much good can it..

I never said he's a bad guy and don't know him at all so couldn't really say but tell me one thing: do you think its possible that he boasted about his company's internet performance and stability in an extended post where he described his experience as an end user but somehow *forgot* to mention he actually works there? I mean that counts at the very least as cheeky doesn't it!


Confused, you say he works for Primetel, but he has not slated cabinet nor Cyta? So he is not showing any bias towards Primetel!

Then, your only 2 post have come here to knock him, perhaps you work for the opposition and want to slate Primetel, either way, I think you are more devious than the other guy, who in fact has not said anything bad about anyone, unless some posts have been removed and I have misunderstood.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6072
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby kyriacos » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:59 pm

Confused, you say he works for Primetel, but he has not slated cabinet nor Cyta? So he is not showing any bias towards Primetel!


What does "slated cabinet" mean?

stefandem posted a user review about Primetel, without disclosing the fact that he works for Primetel, which is morally wrong. It's as simple as that.

Imagine that you run a restaurant and you write raving reviews about it on TripAdvisor, without disclosing that you are the manager. It's morally wrong and its exactly what happened here. The fact that he put in a good word for Cyta is utterly irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that he should have disclosed his affiliation to Primetel.
kyriacos
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:14 am

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby B25 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:41 pm

kyriacos wrote:
Confused, you say he works for Primetel, but he has not slated cabinet nor Cyta? So he is not showing any bias towards Primetel!


What does "slated cabinet" mean?

stefandem posted a user review about Primetel, without disclosing the fact that he works for Primetel, which is morally wrong. It's as simple as that.

Imagine that you run a restaurant and you write raving reviews about it on TripAdvisor, without disclosing that you are the manager. It's morally wrong and its exactly what happened here. The fact that he put in a good word for Cyta is utterly irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that he should have disclosed his affiliation to Primetel.


It should have read 'slated cabinet'.

You are going to have to quote the line where he posted about Primetel because I don't see it here.

If he posted it elsewhere, then it doesn't give you the right to post here about him.

It is a well known fact that user reviews (the good ones) are posted by the company staff and the (bad ones) by their competitors. So what's new.

You obviously have nothing better to do than troll a guy for his postings on the internet somewhere. As I said, seems you are the devious one.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6072
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby kyriacos » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:11 am

Ok I went back to stefandem's post and reread it. He was actually referring to Cablenet not Primetel.

So first of all I offer an honest apology to stefandem for falsely accusing him for false advertising.

Second, I would like to explain how I got into this pickle. Basically, after skimming over stefandem's original post I got suspicious that it may have been a sponsored endorsement, so I looked up his name on fb, found a guy with the same name working in Telecoms and immediately thought "Busted!". Only this guy works for a different provider (Primetel) and I made a mess.

Can the moderator plese remove all references to the other guy's fb profile. It's obvious he has nothing to do with this story.
kyriacos
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:14 am

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby Sotos » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:36 am

:lol: You should be more careful before you accuse somebody ;)

Get Real! wrote:Such speeds are only useful in a business environment. For home users it’s a waste of money if you can get a cheaper package.


3play 50Mbit for €36.40 is a great value. The same thing from Cyta would be €86.58. The cheapest 3play you can get from Cyta would be €44.62 for a 3Mbit connection!! A fast connection is very useful when downloading large files. Say if you download a movie, or you download the latest version of iOS for an iPad, or you update the apps on your phone... Now I have 10Mbit connection with Primetel. I wouldn't pay a lot more than that for a faster connection, but if I could have a 5 times faster connection and pay LESS than I am paying now, then it would be a no brainier!! Unfortunately Cablenet is not available where I live :( I have cablenet for my parents and it is fast and support is good. Only thing I don't like are their bills ... on the same bill they charge you for the services of the next month and the telephone calls of the previous month. It gets confusing when you do an upgrade.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby kyriacos » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:03 am

Sotos wrote::lol: You should be more careful before you accuse somebody ;)


Yes you are right :oops:
kyriacos
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:14 am

Re: CABLENET: Stay away!

Postby Get Real! » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:14 am

kyriacos wrote:
Sotos wrote::lol: You should be more careful before you accuse somebody ;)

Yes you are right :oops:

Don't worry about it... they all make mistakes here all the time!

I'm the only infallible one... but it feels kinda lonely sometimes... :? :(
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40426
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Internet, Computers and Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests