The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Greece vs Ivory Coast

Football, Basketball, F1 etc.

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby yialousa1971 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:47 am



:D
User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5811
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:31 am

kurupetos wrote:You will lose again and again and again, you incompetent suckeroos. :mrgreen:


They will always do better than Greece.

I remember the US World Cup where they played 3 games, lost all 3 and conceded 10 goals without scoring! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:56 am

So Greece 2nd (equal) least favourite to win the world cup at odds of 81.00 along with Switzerland and ahead of Algeria and Nigeria at 201.00

Am tempted to put a tenner on Greece on the basis if Greece loose I am not too unhappy and if the win I'll be happy ;) (that's a joke by the way I wish Greece all the best - though I think Costa Rica will have their tails up given how well they did in the group stages)

For info the full list is

Brazil 4.00
Argentina 4.50
Germany 5.00
Holland 8.50
France 10.00
Belgium 19.00
Columbia 19.00
Mexico 26.00
Chile 29.00
Uruguay 41.00
Costa Rica 51.00
USA 67.00
Greece 81.00
Switzerland 81.00
Algeria 201.00
Nigeria 201.00
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:09 am

erolz66 wrote:So Greece 2nd (equal) least favourite to win the world cup at odds of 81.00 along with Switzerland and ahead of Algeria and Nigeria at 201.00

Am tempted to put a tenner on Greece on the basis if Greece loose I am not too unhappy and if the win I'll be happy ;) (that's a joke by the way I wish Greece all the best - though I think Costa Rica will have their tails up given how well they did in the group stages)

For info the full list is

Brazil 4.00
Argentina 4.50
Germany 5.00
Holland 8.50
France 10.00
Belgium 19.00
Columbia 19.00
Mexico 26.00
Chile 29.00
Uruguay 41.00
Costa Rica 51.00
USA 67.00
Greece 81.00
Switzerland 81.00
Algeria 201.00
Nigeria 201.00

Thanks for posting that, some misc points:

Uruguay have had that idiotic serial bitter suspended for a long time and I understand he was pretty important to them, so that should worsen Uruguay’s odds… or is this table up to date?

I have a gut feeling that Greece will overcome Costa Rica due to their greater experience in nerve racking soccer tournaments like this.

I guess the top two positions are heavily influenced by the likely presence of large local crowds because neither side has shown much during play.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40430
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby kurupetos » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:19 am

FATHERLAND... FATHERLAND... FATHERLAND...

HELLAS!!!
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:23 am

Get Real! wrote:Uruguay have had that idiotic serial bitter suspended for a long time and I understand he was pretty important to them, so that should worsen Uruguay’s odds… or is this table up to date?


Up to date from coral in the UK just after the groups finished (so yes after suarez ban was announced)
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby kurupetos » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 am

erolz66 wrote:So Greece 2nd (equal) least favourite to win the world cup at odds of 81.00 along with Switzerland and ahead of Algeria and Nigeria at 201.00

Am tempted to put a tenner on Greece on the basis if Greece loose I am not too unhappy and if the win I'll be happy ;) (that's a joke by the way I wish Greece all the best - though I think Costa Rica will have their tails up given how well they did in the group stages)

I hope Turkey will win too, reh Erol! :mrgreen: :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:26 am

kurupetos wrote:FATHERLAND... FATHERLAND... FATHERLAND...


You supporting Deutschland now kuru ? :) Must be that Mesut Ozil guy you like.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:27 am

kurupetos wrote:I hope Turkey will win too, reh Erol! :mrgreen: :lol:


Who knows, one day maybe. Probably more chance of seeing that than seeing England win again (I was three days old the last time England won)
Last edited by erolz66 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Greece vs Ivory Coast

Postby kurupetos » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:27 am

Paphitis wrote:
kurupetos wrote:You will lose again and again and again, you incompetent suckeroos. :mrgreen:


They will always do better than Greece.

I remember the US World Cup where they played 3 games, lost all 3 and conceded 10 goals without scoring! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you also remember that Australia didn't even play in that WC? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests