The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Football, Basketball, F1 etc.

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 am

kurupetos wrote:Enjoy Kostas Katsouranis' first goal in the Indian Premiership...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:09 am

Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Enjoy Kostas Katsouranis' first goal in the Indian Premiership...

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Don't knock it because the Indian premiership is one of the biggest on the planet.

they have the market and millions are being spent. This league is far more bigger than greece and Turkey even, and would probably be comparable to one of the top European leagues just like Saudi Arabia, J-League and A-League are!

It's bloody massive business now.

there is a reason why the some big stars are flocking to these leagues! Because it's about the money and these clubs have a lot of it and usually play in front of huge crowds, with big sponsorships and tv deals!

These leagues are televised worldwide now on FOX and BSkySports. Yes that is right, games are telecast live to north America and Western Europe (particularly Germany and UK).
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 am

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Enjoy Kostas Katsouranis' first goal in the Indian Premiership...

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Don't knock it because the Indian premiership is one of the biggest on the planet.

You're just a gay koala... :lol:

World ranking for the Strongest National Leagues:

#26 Cyprus

#92 India

#99 Australia

http://www.iffhs.de/the-strongest-natio ... the-world/

Goodnight... :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:33 am

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:Enjoy Kostas Katsouranis' first goal in the Indian Premiership...

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Don't knock it because the Indian premiership is one of the biggest on the planet.

You're just a gay koala... :lol:

World ranking for the Strongest National Leagues:

#26 Cyprus

#92 India

#99 Australia

http://www.iffhs.de/the-strongest-natio ... the-world/

Goodnight... :)



What the hell is that link?

you're gonna have to get in the real world because the A-League is one of the best in the world now. Crowd average is 20,000 which would rank it 6th in the world, and that leads to sponsorship and tv deals, which means the best players come to and sign for the teams. We have International Players from a number of European and Latin American Countries.

http://www.ultimatealeague.com/records.php?type=att

So yeh right, I can see people wanting to see a Cypriot First Division game in front of an average 2500 spectators compared to an unpredictable EPL style A-League game in front of 20,000 average and sometimes in front of 60,000 fans. It's not as if Aussies are starved of choice either. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everytime I watch a cypriot match I want to cut my wrists from boredom, but when i watch the EPL or A-League I am always on the edge of my seat! :)

goodnight! :)
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 am

Paphitis wrote:So yeh right, I can see people wanting to see a Cypriot First Division game in front of an average 2500 spectators compared to an unpredictable EPL style A-League game in front of 20,000 average and sometimes in front of 60,000 fans.

Do you understand cross-multiplication koala? :?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Australia’s population was to shrink down to that of Cyprus:

Australia: 23 million with highest attendance: 43,729

(800,000 x 43,729) / 23,000,000 = 1,521 (< highest attendance)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Cyprus’ population was to grow to that of Australia:

Cyprus: 0.8 million with highest attendance: 23,000

(23,000,000 x 23,000) / 800,000 = 661,250 (< highest attendance)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Goodnight... :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:13 am

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:So yeh right, I can see people wanting to see a Cypriot First Division game in front of an average 2500 spectators compared to an unpredictable EPL style A-League game in front of 20,000 average and sometimes in front of 60,000 fans.

Do you understand cross-multiplication koala? :?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Australia’s population was to shrink down to that of Cyprus:

Australia: 23 million with highest attendance: 43,729

(800,000 x 43,729) / 23,000,000 = 1,521 (< highest attendance)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Cyprus’ population was to grow to that of Australia:

Cyprus: 0.8 million with highest attendance: 23,000

(23,000,000 x 23,000) / 800,000 = 661,250 (< highest attendance)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Goodnight... :)


you're wrong about that! Adelaide united which is in a city with a population the same as Cyprus averages 22,000. :lol:

If Australia's population was the same as Cyprus, it would still attract far bigger crowds - reason: Aussies are sports fanatics!

Further to this, Australian Soccer Crowds are bigger than many countries that have a far bigger population than Australia just to illustrate my point!

http://www.ultimatealeague.com/records.php?type=att

Australian Average = 20000
EPL = 36000
Austria = 6000
France = 21000
Greece = 4000
Cyprus = 2500 :lol:
turkey = 12000

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

Oh and if the A-League is almost as big as the Bundeslige and EPL, then it attracts tv right deals worth mega millions and sponsorhip which is why we manage to get some big stars which only make the crowds even bigger! :D

Goodnight and bye bye! :mrgreen:

PS: Tell DT to send the Apoel scrubbers over for a lesson! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:24 am

You guys always put down what you don't understand or when you start feeling bad because even the MLS in the US is f@#king HUGE! :lol:

just face it guys, you all have no friggin idea! :lol:

football has had enough of Europe now because there is no expansion. The money is exploring new markets which is why you now have things like A-League, MLS, and Saudi etc. All the Murdoch Networks just want tv rights and they pay mega bugs for them to Saudi, India, Australia, US etc.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:38 am

Paphitis wrote:Further to this, Australian Soccer Crowds are bigger than many countries that have a far bigger population than Australia just to illustrate my point!

Isn’t that exactly what I calculated for you, incompetent little Chlamydia brains? :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:42 am

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Further to this, Australian Soccer Crowds are bigger than many countries that have a far bigger population than Australia just to illustrate my point!

Isn’t that exactly what I calculated for you, incompetent little Chlamydia brains? :lol:


No I don't think so.

If Australia's population was the same, I guarantee you that they would still average 10,000+ because you just can't imagine the Aussie Psyche on sports until you been to Melbourne or Sydney. Only other country that is just as crazed is the US with the MLB, MBL, NFL and MLS etc etc.

And you haven't seen stadia until you been there - best in the world. it's like the Roman empire with its Colosseums! :lol:

Not only this, but if you had the Football federation of Australia in charge, all your clubs would not be on the verge of Bankruptcy. The reason is they would introduce Salary Caps and have conditions that only Financial Clubs can play in the league. No debts allowed.
Last edited by Paphitis on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2014–15 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:45 am

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Further to this, Australian Soccer Crowds are bigger than many countries that have a far bigger population than Australia just to illustrate my point!

Isn’t that exactly what I calculated for you, incompetent little Chlamydia brains? :lol:


No I don't think so.

If Australia's population was the same, I guarantee you that they would still average 10,000+ because you just can't imagine the Aussie Psyche on sports until you been to Melbourne or Sydney. Only other country that is just as crazed is the US with the MLB, MBL, NFL and MLS etc etc.

And you haven't seen stadia until you been there - best in the world. it's like the Roman empire with its Colosseums! :lol:

Dude, just sort out your IQ and don’t worry about football cos you’re making a dick of yourself! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40401
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests