The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:51 am

“This is the Islamic State (IS),” was the answer heard by Father Sirjun Zumaya, pastor of the congregation of the Assyrian Mar Girgus church in Lebanon, when he tried to call his wife’s uncle Wanis in Tal al-Jazira. The village had been attacked by the “birds of darkness” at 5 in the morning on Feb. 23. Since then, the line has been out of service.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/politic ... z3TNiZrOYT
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7594
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:14 am

Meanwhile, the events of Aleppo produced surprises, even scandals, revealing part of the truth about the so-called moderate factions, which Washington and other Western countries have supported in the hope of toppling the Syrian regime. It was revealed that one of the founders of the Hazm movement — which Washington favored over all the other factions and supplied with Tow anti-armor missiles — had formerly pledged allegiance to Jabhat al-Nusra and IS. Abu Jalal Shalluh led Hazm in Dara Aza. But he was known to have pledged allegiance to IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, then he pledged allegiance to al-Nusra leader Abu Mohammed al-Joulani. Suddenly, he abandoned his religious appearance and became one of the founders of the Hazm movement, which was rumored to be secular. He then dropped his secularism and decided to join the Ibn Taymiyyah Brigades. This gives an idea about the nature of the “moderates” on whom the West wagered to stop the expansion of extremism and terrorism in Syria.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/securit ... z3TTPnQitI
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7594
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby boomerang » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:32 am

miltiades wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
Miltiades wrote:I desist entering into a meaningful debate with scum like you just as I would blemish the idea of debating the merits of paedophilia or other abominable acts as such advocates and exponents of such acts deserve no more than FUCK OFF !




Not sure I understand this bit.



Could you explain please, I find it a bit confusing.

Which part do you have difficulty understanding ?
I consider, and so does the civilized society, including the overwhelming number of Muslim scholars , that these so called ISIS, are in fact barbarians, mentally disturbed as you are, they are a disgusting group of savages and anyone that considers them otherwise is himself a fucking lunatic.
End of the matter .


milti define "civilized society"...
User avatar
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 5:56 am

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby Garavnoss » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 am

boomerang wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
Miltiades wrote:I desist entering into a meaningful debate with scum like you just as I would blemish the idea of debating the merits of paedophilia or other abominable acts as such advocates and exponents of such acts deserve no more than FUCK OFF !




Not sure I understand this bit.



Could you explain please, I find it a bit confusing.

Which part do you have difficulty understanding ?
I consider, and so does the civilized society, including the overwhelming number of Muslim scholars , that these so called ISIS, are in fact barbarians, mentally disturbed as you are, they are a disgusting group of savages and anyone that considers them otherwise is himself a fucking lunatic.
End of the matter .


milti define "civilized society"...



Oh for God's sake, don't confuse him with such a complicated question, he is still stuck on the subjects of Paedophilia, Necrophilia, Incest and other such abominations.

He also thinks a Gara is a female donkey :lol: , leave the old boy in peace, one day he will wake up (maybe).
User avatar
Garavnoss
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby miltiades » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:57 am

boomerang wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
Miltiades wrote:I desist entering into a meaningful debate with scum like you just as I would blemish the idea of debating the merits of paedophilia or other abominable acts as such advocates and exponents of such acts deserve no more than FUCK OFF !




Not sure I understand this bit.



Could you explain please, I find it a bit confusing.

Which part do you have difficulty understanding ?
I consider, and so does the civilized society, including the overwhelming number of Muslim scholars , that these so called ISIS, are in fact barbarians, mentally disturbed as you are, they are a disgusting group of savages and anyone that considers them otherwise is himself a fucking lunatic.
End of the matter .


milti define "civilized society"...

A society where sanctity of life raigns supreme, human rights are cherished, freedom of speech, freedom of faith, freedom of choice in marriage, work and activities within the law. A society where a man standing on his own has as much rights as a man standing in a crowd, a society where animal life is respected, a society where women are equal to men in every respect, a society that is constantly improving in every field and not steeped in medieval times, a society or societies where the overwhelming majority of people from other restricted societies strive to join.

A society where democratic elections are held and are free from corruption, intimidation and fear.
To suumarise, THE WESTERN SOCIETIES.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16321
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby Garavnoss » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:44 am

boomerang wrote:

milti define "civilized society"...

Miltiades wrote:

A society where sanctity of life raigns supreme, human rights are cherished, freedom of speech, freedom of faith, freedom of choice in marriage, work and activities within the law. A society where a man standing on his own has as much rights as a man standing in a crowd, a society where animal life is respected, a society where women are equal to men in every respect, a society that is constantly improving in every field and not steeped in medieval times, a society or societies where the overwhelming majority of people from other restricted societies strive to join.

A society where democratic elections are held and are free from corruption, intimidation and fear.
To suumarise, THE WESTERN SOCIETIES.


What a lovely society you envisage here, if only such a society existed there might be peace on earth !. :lol:

Can't grasp the bit about the Democratic elections free from corruption, I don't think we've seen one of those for donkey's years, the
concept of Democracy is "By the people ,for the people", are you suggesting that the Western Societies are actually practising such utopian tenets ?.

If so, how do those who govern this dreamy society (which you outline) explain the fact that they constantly ignore the wishes of the people that elect them to uphold the principles of Democracy ?.

The onslaught of the powerful Western forces against those nations which are militarily weaker (against the wishes of the people of the said Democracy) is evidence enough of corruption, the deprivation, poverty, homelessness, starvation and destruction of their cultures is an example of the "Benefits" such weaker nations have experienced at the behest of Democratic policies.

The "One man standing" (which you allude to) is representative of those who are prepared to stand up to the aggression foisted upon them by the Democratic forces which you so admire.

So much for the "Sanctity of life" I reckon. :roll:
User avatar
Garavnoss
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby boomerang » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:56 am

I see anything that does not fit into your stereotyped world pretty much needs to be glassed huh?...

you mentioned medieval...how about the africans, the aboriginals, etc...because somehow their customs and ethics certainly wouldn't fit into your stereotyped world...should they be glassed?...

you mentioned muslim scholars...well multi they have no problem with child brides...what you say about this huh?...

unfortunately for you this stereotype make believe world you seemed to hold mighty high gives the right to people like garavnoss's voice...but here we are, you not accepting this right...why is that?...

and further more watch your language because this stereotype make believe world of yours does not tolerate swearing your head off over a disagreement...if you cannot tolerate other people having a different view than you then you are no different that the savages you abhor...think about it...

multi there is a whole new world out there, not just Europe...that behaves and functions contra to what you believe...

the actions of isis, might be cruel, but to really understand their point of view you need to put your feet in their shoes...here is an example...you are 35 years old Iraqi that lost the whole family to the western imperialism, via raining bombs...what would your western civilized behaviour be?...say thank you to them?...

so in short I agree with garavnoss this was a very complicated for you to answer...what we have here is an enforced "the world according to multi"...is this it?
User avatar
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 5:56 am

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby miltiades » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:25 am

Both of you answer this. Why are Muslims at war with ISIS boDeth in Iraq and Syria.

Democracy exist in the western world, we have free elections and a government elected by the people. FACT.

Democracy may well not be the perfect governance but what is the alternative.

As for our ISIS lover, his hatred for the west clouds his judgment.

Many Cypriots, Greeks too, blame the USA ( americanico daxtilo) for all ills that befall them.

Would either of you two chose to live in Syria, Iran, Iraq or any other ME nation, Turkey included. I doubt it!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16321
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby Garavnoss » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:46 am

miltiades wrote:Both of you answer this. Why are Muslims at war with ISIS boDeth in Iraq and Syria.

Democracy exist in the western world, we have free elections and a government elected by the people. FACT.

Democracy may well not be the perfect governance but what is the alternative.

As for our ISIS lover, his hatred for the west clouds his judgment.

Many Cypriots, Greeks too, blame the USA ( americanico daxtilo) for all ills that befall them.

Would either of you two chose to live in Syria, Iran, Iraq or any other ME nation, Turkey included. I doubt it!


When Germany was at war with the allied forces, it was a battle amongst several nations comprising of Christian peoples, such an observation negates your comment regarding the confrontational position of those of the Muslim faith.

However, it is clearly evident that these forces which oppose IS are backed by the West, (perhaps not quite as visible as it should be but nonetheless quite obvious).

You are not fit to discuss any subject (particularly of a political issue) since you are governed by what you are told to think rather than that which you think for yourself.

You are also incapable of forwarding your views without offering insult to those you regard as your adversaries, NOT a very sound attribute for one who would wish to engage in debate but, perfectly acceptable in a slanging match. (in which you are a virtuoso).
User avatar
Garavnoss
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: For civilised discussion about Islamic State

Postby boomerang » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:12 pm

First of all you are disqualified from this discussion because you never responded to any of the points put to you, you chose rather to go into rant of nothing...

In short you are a shallow man and again you have proven your inability to grasp what was asked of you...then again the complexity of the question was you are undoing...you say you want proof huh?....well milti the people that gave you their vote seemed to vanish rather than come to your defence...how do you explain this?

Have you read what kasoulides said re the US today?...read and weep....what he said was spot on...

Ps...to your last question multi, i experienced many parts of the world....have you?
User avatar
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 5:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest