The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


EOKA book, a question

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby Nikitas » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:43 pm

For an ex diplomat of a nation that imposes oaths to uphold the Constitution of the USA at every administrative level it is odd that you call the war of indepdence "water under the bridge", something that no one cares very much about these days.

For a nation that won its freedom and owes it very existence to rebellion you seem unable to recognise the same rights to others. Even when the oppressor was common in both cases.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby excommo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:19 pm

The people in this country now are ignorant and know nothing , nor care, about our history..

It just burns me bad and so sad. Checking out soon and glad I won't see the future. Only if the voters get wise and vote in someone who will take the bulls by the horns and fix the undoing of the past 6 years will it turn around.

Maybe you got it off your chest and it did you some good.

P.S. I have been a student of our civil war since 1978 and past commander for two years of my camp of the Union Veterans of the Civil War. The Sons of Confederate Veterans are probably still 5 times larger then the SUV. I proudly wear the Jefferson Davis Historical Gold Medal, the highest award the United Daughters of the Confederacy can award to an outsider. I portray a Union Regimental Chaplain when reenacting at Civil War days on some weekends. If needed, I can do a CSA impression. It's an addiction for many after we get into it..

Off now to a picnic by Mt. Shasta.
excommo
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 am

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby Lordo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:54 pm

excommo wrote:The people in this country now are ignorant and know nothing , nor care, about our history..

It just burns me bad and so sad. Checking out soon and glad I won't see the future. Only if the voters get wise and vote in someone who will take the bulls by the horns and fix the undoing of the past 6 years will it turn around.

Maybe you got it off your chest and it did you some good.

P.S. I have been a student of our civil war since 1978 and past commander for two years of my camp of the Union Veterans of the Civil War. The Sons of Confederate Veterans are probably still 5 times larger then the SUV. I proudly wear the Jefferson Davis Historical Gold Medal, the highest award the United Daughters of the Confederacy can award to an outsider. I portray a Union Regimental Chaplain when reenacting at Civil War days on some weekends. If needed, I can do a CSA impression. It's an addiction for many after we get into it..

Off now to a picnic by Mt. Shasta.

is that mt. ni shasta by any chance?
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby excommo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Actually it is just south of Mt. Shasta at
Dunsmuir,CA, 14 acres by the river with many picnic tables, trees, gardens, etc. not used much due to location on old hwy to the Oregon. Beautiful

We will also visit Castle Craggs on the way back. Dunsmuir is small, was where you picked up or drop off a steam engine on the RR to and from Oregon, Mtns to the north for 150 miles..
excommo
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 am

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby Mustiejodu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Get Real! wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:It's hard to transpose the word patriot from its Greek origins to its poorer meaning in English.

There are dictionaries that tell you the meaning of the word "Large" is "something big". And then when you look up the meaning of the word "Big" it tells you it is "something large".

It might give you a definition, but 'meaning' requires a little more. Knowing Greek will give you a better insight into meaning through historical use.

A dictionary is only as good as those who write it.

Sotos can’t be saved… I’m sure he appreciates you trying but it’s hopeless. :lol:




Sorry chaps but I agree Sotos can't be saved . WHAT A ARROGANT WANKER
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby excommo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:43 pm

Oh! sounds like others have also felt the wrath of Sotos.
excommo
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 am

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Sotos is like a back-end PHP script... it communicates only with machines, is tireless and ongoing, most predictable and repetitive, and totally uncompromising and unconfigurable. :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby Lordo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:14 am

Get Real! wrote:Sotos is like a back-end PHP script... it communicates only with machines, is tireless and ongoing, most predictable and repetitive, and totally uncompromising and unconfigurable. :lol:

it is not fair somebody pull the plug.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:24 am

Lordo wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Sotos is like a back-end PHP script... it communicates only with machines, is tireless and ongoing, most predictable and repetitive, and totally uncompromising and unconfigurable. :lol:

it is not fair somebody pull the plug.

I don’t know if that’s possible… it’s backed by a lifetime UPS! :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40380
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: EOKA book, a question

Postby kurupetos » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:17 am

excommo wrote:Actually it is just south of Mt. Shasta at
Dunsmuir,CA, 14 acres by the river with many picnic tables, trees, gardens, etc. not used much due to location on old hwy to the Oregon. Beautiful

We will also visit Castle Craggs on the way back. Dunsmuir is small, was where you picked up or drop off a steam engine on the RR to and from Oregon, Mtns to the north for 150 miles..

Who gives a f*ck where you will have picnic, you little f*ck? Bugger off!
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17891
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests