The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Planet Eroglu

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: Planet Eroglu

Postby Viewpoint » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:15 am

repulsewarrior wrote:why dismiss the fact that Terrorism is a relentless fact, even in Turkey. it is safer in Cyprus because the "Greeks" as you like to call them are few, and the Greeks which are the overwhelming population have always represented themselves as a socialised People. you may like to delude yourself, as though the Turkish Army is here to protect "you", but it is here to assure that Cypriots have no say in the destiny of this island.


DP
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Planet Eroglu

Postby Viewpoint » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:30 am

Viewpoint wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:why dismiss the fact that Terrorism is a relentless fact, even in Turkey. it is safer in Cyprus because the "Greeks" as you like to call them are few, and the Greeks which are the overwhelming population have always represented themselves as a socialised People. you may like to delude yourself, as though the Turkish Army is here to protect "you", but it is here to assure that Cypriots have no say in the destiny of this island.


DP
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Planet Eroglu

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:59 am

Viewpoint wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:why dismiss the fact that Terrorism is a relentless fact, even in Turkey. it is safer in Cyprus because the "Greeks" as you like to call them are few, and the Greeks which are the overwhelming population have always represented themselves as a socialised People. you may like to delude yourself, as though the Turkish Army is here to protect "you", but it is here to assure that Cypriots have no say in the destiny of this island.


Repulse just consider pre and post 1974, its was hell for us and we lived in fear for our lives which the majority being the GCs took control of the island, post 1974 peaceful tranquility for everyone both sides of the divide. The factor which provides this is the TA, take them out of the equation without a comprehensive solution and all mayhem will break loose.


what do you know of pre-74 as you say, did you live in a city, a village, "Greek", "Turkish", "Mixed", "Maronite", etc., in Cyprus?

...i did.

...what makes you so sure that all Greeks are "Greeks", and all Turks that don't agree with you are some kind of traitor?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7592
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Planet Eroglu

Postby Viewpoint » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:22 pm

I can introduce you to many TCs including relatives whos lives were hell pre 1974, you cannot see this side of the story as you continue today as you did back then to close your eyes to the GCs persecution of TCs all in the name of enosis.

Add to this my own experiences when visiting family the discrimination and man handling, the dont speak Turkish they will hear and inspect the car and do a body search, the no we are not allowed on this beach....while you were living in no mans land we were being persecuted.

Now after 1974 none of the above, safety, no fear, right to go where ever we wish and speak what ever langugae we wish without being discriminated against.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Planet Eroglu

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 pm

...you did not answer the question. and although what you say is possible, it is hearsay dressed up as true.

...i will grant you your stories, will you grant me mine?

what makes you so sure that all Greeks are "Greeks", and all Turks that don't agree with you are some kind of traitor?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7592
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Planet Eroglu

Postby Viewpoint » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:29 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...you did not answer the question. and although what you say is possible, it is hearsay dressed up as true.

...i will grant you your stories, will you grant me mine?

what makes you so sure that all Greeks are "Greeks", and all Turks that don't agree with you are some kind of traitor?


I have never opposed your sides stories but you constantly refuse and object to mine, you dont want to believe or deal with what really happened.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25211
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: Planet Eroglu

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:20 am

...whose side am i on?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7592
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Planet Eroglu

Postby Nikitas » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:40 pm

VP,

Yes, you have a point about the treatment of TCs between 1963 and 1968, but it is hard to see how that justifies ethnically cleansing 200 000 people and killing over 4500 (Ecevit's figures not mine). TCs sufered several hundred casualties in the 60s and you regard these losses as justifying the 1974 disaster. An incessant monologue about your safety, while disregarding everyone else's does not lead out of the impasse. If you cannot see how the other side feels about the continuing presence of an army that killed 4500 civilians you are confirming the initial statement about Turkish irrationality.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Previous

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests