The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limassol)

Sell and buy used things, look for a job etc.

Moderator: Piratis

Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limassol)

Postby dodo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Few days ago, this small furry creature , a kitten, appeared in the garden near our block. He looks like a house cat, very clean and friendly unlike the stray cats around. Somebody must've just decided to throw it here :( . Unfortunately since we live in a flat and travel out of Cyprus frequently we cannot take it.

Its very playful and you can see it's missing being petted as it chases any person that walks around. I have kept it fed for the last couple of days and it looks very healthy/good weight. Must be no more than 6-8 weeks old. I've tried to take a few pics of it - a rather difficult task as it wouldn't stay put and kept petting itself against me, anyway, can see them on the link below:
http://postimg.org/gallery/j1d5393y/

If you are able to take care of this wonderful creature, please contact me , I can deliver it myself anywhere in Limassol.

Please call or SMS - 97-70-1135
dodo
Member
Member
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 am
Location: Limassol

Re: Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limas

Postby Get Real! » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Just let it go and it will fend for itself. Don’t feed it and don’t pat it. The Cyprus cat is different to the ones you’re thinking of.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limas

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:28 pm

dodo wrote:Few days ago, this small furry creature , a kitten, appeared in the garden near our block. He looks like a house cat, very clean and friendly unlike the stray cats around. Somebody must've just decided to throw it here :( . Unfortunately since we live in a flat and travel out of Cyprus frequently we cannot take it.

Its very playful and you can see it's missing being petted as it chases any person that walks around. I have kept it fed for the last couple of days and it looks very healthy/good weight. Must be no more than 6-8 weeks old. I've tried to take a few pics of it - a rather difficult task as it wouldn't stay put and kept petting itself against me, anyway, can see them on the link below:
http://postimg.org/gallery/j1d5393y/

If you are able to take care of this wonderful creature, please contact me , I can deliver it myself anywhere in Limassol.

Please call or SMS - 97-70-1135


If it's playful with humans, and is so young, please look after it until you can find a good home. It's not feral. I so wish I could help.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limas

Postby dodo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Definitely not a feral cat, as I said it's very playful, not scared at all of humans, on the contrary, it just start chasing people that walk past. Quite sad that someone actually just dumped it like that...there is no way it could have made it's way here by itself.
dodo
Member
Member
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 am
Location: Limassol

Re: Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limas

Postby Get Real! » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:52 pm

dodo wrote:Definitely not a feral cat, as I said it's very playful, not scared at all of humans, on the contrary, it just start chasing people that walk past. Quite sad that someone actually just dumped it like that...there is no way it could have made it's way here by itself.

The Cyprus cat originates from Africa and they’re all feral by their nature… same DNA… if you drop it off in the wild its predatory instincts will instantly kick in.

The one in your pictures looks old enough to catch insects and the season is right for them. Being friendly to humans means nothing.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limas

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:07 pm

Get Real! wrote:
dodo wrote:Definitely not a feral cat, as I said it's very playful, not scared at all of humans, on the contrary, it just start chasing people that walk past. Quite sad that someone actually just dumped it like that...there is no way it could have made it's way here by itself.

The Cyprus cat originates from Africa and they’re all feral by their nature… same DNA… if you drop it off in the wild its predatory instincts will instantly kick in.

The one in your pictures looks old enough to catch insects and the season is right for them. Being friendly to humans means nothing.


I'm afraid you're wrong on this one GR!. Under 10 weeks, if such cats have close interaction with humans and become playful and conditioned to human touch, then they are no longer feral and shy of humans so that they can fend safely/reliably for themselves.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limas

Postby Get Real! » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:15 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
dodo wrote:Definitely not a feral cat, as I said it's very playful, not scared at all of humans, on the contrary, it just start chasing people that walk past. Quite sad that someone actually just dumped it like that...there is no way it could have made it's way here by itself.

The Cyprus cat originates from Africa and they’re all feral by their nature… same DNA… if you drop it off in the wild its predatory instincts will instantly kick in.

The one in your pictures looks old enough to catch insects and the season is right for them. Being friendly to humans means nothing.


I'm afraid you're wrong on this one GR!. Under 10 weeks, if such cats have close interaction with humans and become playful and conditioned to human touch, then they are no longer feral and shy of humans so that they can fend safely/reliably for themselves.

I don’t agree with you… you’ve got the typical Brit pet shop mentality.

You can keep a Cyprus cat in your house for two years even and if you then release it out in the wild and far away, it’ll survive just fine!

It doesn’t care… it’s like the honey badger… it doesn’t give a shit. If it sees something small moving about it’ll grab it and eat it. :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limas

Postby Get Real! » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:34 pm

I should mention that their only threat is car traffic in busy towns… but never starvation for they are badass hunters.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limas

Postby Cap » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Total badass hunters.
My neighbor's got three. Domesticated by day, killing machines by night.

Too many a morning we've woken up to see the carnage of their nocturnal endeavours.

Dead Field mice, Kourkoutaes, bats..
Charitably gifted to us and gracefully deposited in the garden and on the doorstep.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6812
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Playful abandoned kitten,looking for a loving home(Limas

Postby dodo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Thankfully a person with a good heart responded so we will be delivering the kitten to Nicosia later today. :wink:

Thanks!
dodo
Member
Member
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 am
Location: Limassol

Next

Return to Classifieds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests