The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 am

Cyprus’ “White Walls” building in Nicosia, ranked 1st in the list of the Best Tall Buildings in Europe!

http://hcbeat.com/2016/07/05/cyprus-whi ... in-europe/


when the vegetation grows out of it, it will be magnificent.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby kurupetos » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:48 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:
Cyprus’ “White Walls” building in Nicosia, ranked 1st in the list of the Best Tall Buildings in Europe!

http://hcbeat.com/2016/07/05/cyprus-whi ... in-europe/


when the vegetation grows out of it, it will be magnificent.

Not very original, but it's nice.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby Cap » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:18 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:
Cyprus’ “White Walls” building in Nicosia, ranked 1st in the list of the Best Tall Buildings in Europe!

http://hcbeat.com/2016/07/05/cyprus-whi ... in-europe/


when the vegetation grows out of it, it will be magnificent.


Superb.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:24 pm

...i imagine that it did not win this award merely on the look of its facade (although a good portion of our appreciation of a building is just that). It is its functionality, how it is divided, and how the systems that have been provided, work.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby Cap » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:25 pm

What's cool is making CERN.

'Cyprus is now part of CERN'

Cyprus’ participation in the world`s largest research centre, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, known as CERN, is very important, the University of Cyprus said on Wednesday.
http://www.sigmalive.com/en/news/local/ ... rt-of-cern
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby kurupetos » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:15 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...i imagine that it did not win this award merely on the look of its facade (although a good portion of our appreciation of a building is just that). It is its functionality, how it is divided, and how the systems that have been provided, work.

If the architect was a Cypriot it would mean something... but in this case it's like showing off your new Mercedes SLK.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:41 am

A voice for the silent: A CERN scientist based in Cyprus is developing a robot to help autistic children communicate with their parents

http://cyprus-mail.com/2016/10/02/voice ... e-parents/

Demetriades has a mission and she wants Cyprus to be part of it, to put the island on the map when she and her team launch the world’s first quantum robot specifically designed to help autistic children communicate with their parents.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby Cap » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:28 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:
A voice for the silent: A CERN scientist based in Cyprus is developing a robot to help autistic children communicate with their parents

http://cyprus-mail.com/2016/10/02/voice ... e-parents/

Demetriades has a mission and she wants Cyprus to be part of it, to put the island on the map when she and her team launch the world’s first quantum robot specifically designed to help autistic children communicate with their parents.


All roads eventually lead back to CY.

Check out this rap sheet....

A scientist at CERN – home of the Large Hadron Collider or particle smasher – and with four PhDs in molecular medicine, biophysics, particle physics and quantum psychology, Demetriades is also an author, musician, registered nutritionist – since the age of 16 – and an Egyptologist specialising in ancient perfumery.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby B25 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:53 pm

And probably never done a days work in his life other than study. :)
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6073
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Anytthing cool made in Cyprus?

Postby miltiades » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:13 pm

We are indeed the best. Our Halloumi incomparable to any other cheese, our potatoes the very best on this planet, nobody makes a souvla as good as we do, loukkoumia too and palouze, lets face it we are the Island of Paradise. Our family values are superb, our devotion to our family commitments unquestionable, give or take a visit or two down town :lol:

We have a tremendous sense of humour and the ability to brush minor misfortunes aside by a wave of a hand, ate re exathiken o cosmos re gamoto :lol: :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests