The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

We all need a good laugh.

When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby bill cobbett » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:57 pm

When is a lie not a lie?... well, when you use a Turkish Standard Lie Detector.

From http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkis ... sCatID=341

"... A Turkish university is planning to develop a new lie detector unique to the Turkish people, on the grounds that “some statements which are regarded as a lie in western countries are not a lie for Turks.” ..."

:D
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby Cap » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:15 pm

Is there no way via some magic trick, to uproot Anatolia and dump it in the middle of Texas or something?
Away from the RoC.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby Get Real! » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:36 pm

I’d like to swap places with Ukraine… that way we get access to Russia’s 145 million market by crossing a roadblock and they get to live next door to lovely Turkey. Of course each country’s weather follows them!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40427
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby Cap » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Funny you mention Ukraine.
I'm not sure how accurate this is:


'Flag map of Europe showing the country of origin of the largest investors of inward FDI (flows; stocks and/or equity)'

Image
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby Oceanside50 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 pm

The Red Cross is the biggest investor in Greece... :lol:
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby Oceanside50 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:08 am

bill cobbett wrote:When is a lie not a lie?... well, when you use a Turkish Standard Lie Detector.

From http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkis ... sCatID=341

"... A Turkish university is planning to develop a new lie detector unique to the Turkish people, on the grounds that “some statements which are regarded as a lie in western countries are not a lie for Turks.” ..."

:D


Why change the software ? When someone is lying it will detect. This can't be real it's a joke.
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby Lordo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:59 pm

ise delya galamaras gavole.

why do you think it is in the joke section.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby Paphitis » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Get Real! wrote:I’d like to swap places with Ukraine… that way we get access to Russia’s 145 million market by crossing a roadblock and they get to live next door to lovely Turkey. Of course each country’s weather follows them!


Winters are pretty cold and harsh up there.

Plus Russia will just invade you too!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby Oceanside50 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Lordo wrote:ise delya galamaras gavole.

why do you think it is in the joke section.


Do what you do best tourkous..na kathese pano na tous eshonis
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: When Is A Lie Not A Lie ...???

Postby Lordo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:34 pm

ma indanbu sindihannis esuni, e gatses banodu, goavole.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Next

Return to Jokes and Enigmas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests