The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Re: Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Postby Lalee » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Very talented bunch of men in cyprus then! :wink:

Thanks everyone for your input.

And anotherquestion, will I really need THAT much greek? :shock:
Lalee
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Re: Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Lalee wrote:Very talented bunch of men in cyprus then! :wink:

Thanks everyone for your input.

And anotherquestion, will I really need THAT much greek? :shock:


You can generally get by with English in Cyprus. It doesn't hurt to learn a bit. I have.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Postby supporttheunderdog » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:41 am

Lalee wrote:Very talented bunch of men in cyprus then! :wink:

Thanks everyone for your input.

And anotherquestion, will I really need THAT much greek? :shock:


the Answer is that most of the time, No, you need no Greek (unless you insist on watching local TV). If I can manage, and I am no cunning linguist, anyone who speaks English can. Most Cypriots, particularly younger people, speak good English. These days many government and bank's forms have an English version. The major problems will be in reading signs and notices in buildings, most of which will only be in Greek.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Postby Lalee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:58 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:
Lalee wrote:Very talented bunch of men in cyprus then! :wink:

Thanks everyone for your input.

And anotherquestion, will I really need THAT much greek? :shock:


the Answer is that most of the time, No, you need no Greek (unless you insist on watching local TV). If I can manage, and I am no cunning linguist, anyone who speaks English can. Most Cypriots, particularly younger people, speak good English. These days many government and bank's forms have an English version. The major problems will be in reading signs and notices in buildings, most of which will only be in Greek.


phew! :mrgreen:
Lalee
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Re: Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Postby supporttheunderdog » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:30 am

Lalee wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:
Lalee wrote:Very talented bunch of men in cyprus then! :wink:

Thanks everyone for your input.

And anotherquestion, will I really need THAT much greek? :shock:


the Answer is that most of the time, No, you need no Greek (unless you insist on watching local TV). If I can manage, and I am no cunning linguist, anyone who speaks English can. Most Cypriots, particularly younger people, speak good English. These days many government and bank's forms have an English version. The major problems will be in reading signs and notices in buildings, most of which will only be in Greek.


phew! :mrgreen:


I would add that i wish i did speak Greek.... But this old dog cannot learn mew tricks....
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Postby Lalee » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:16 am

I pickup languages quickly, Im sure I'll learn lots, but all in due time! :)
Lalee
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Re: Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Postby miltiades » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:20 am

Lalee wrote:I pickup languages quickly, Im sure I'll learn lots, but all in due time! :)

Its good to learn some Greek but as English is widely spoken Greek is not that necessary.

By the way, Im good at cooking, excellent in fact, ironing, washing up, all done whilst having a glass or two of red wine. The only house chores I hate doing is making the beds and hoovering. Im also a good story teller, speak Greek far better than the average Cypriot does, and very good with Donald duck sounds and many more. Some say I would make someone a perfect wife, but being as straight as they come and with a 32 year old other third I stick to being a .....young man at almost 69 years old :lol: :lol:
Cyprus IS Paradise on earth, the perfect place to bring up children, give or take a few nasties such as our resident ....psycho :lol: :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:43 pm

miltiades wrote:By the way, Im good at cooking, excellent in fact, ironing, washing up, all done whilst having a glass or two of red wine. The only house chores I hate doing is making the beds and hoovering. Im also a good story teller, speak Greek far better than the average Cypriot does, and very good with Donald duck sounds and many more. Some say I would make someone a perfect wife, but being as straight as they come and with a 32 year old other third I stick to being a .....young man at almost 69 years old :lol: :lol:

If you want to post your resume don’t forget to mention that you also sport a fine set of yellow dentures, always insist on a BYO for colostomy bags, absolutely loathe Palestinian children (well anyone non-Caucasian really), and have the intellect of a mummified hamster that died of rabies.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Maids/Homehelp in Cyprus

Postby miltiades » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Get Real! wrote:
miltiades wrote:By the way, Im good at cooking, excellent in fact, ironing, washing up, all done whilst having a glass or two of red wine. The only house chores I hate doing is making the beds and hoovering. Im also a good story teller, speak Greek far better than the average Cypriot does, and very good with Donald duck sounds and many more. Some say I would make someone a perfect wife, but being as straight as they come and with a 32 year old other third I stick to being a .....young man at almost 69 years old :lol: :lol:

If you want to post your resume don’t forget to mention that you also sport a fine set of yellow dentures, always insist on a BYO for colostomy bags, absolutely loathe Palestinian children (well anyone non-Caucasian really), and have the intellect of a mummified hamster that died of rabies.


Unlike you psycho, I do not loath children from any corner of the world, I do however loath those that hide amongst children in order to send their rockets to Israel. These children are killed by Hamas, in fact many are trained from an early age to become suicide bombers, your favourite people. Dont give me the bullshit that you care for them, you are a perverted psychopath, little shit like you I have faced many times and always flash them down the toilet. To take Miltiades on you have to wait until he is 6 foot under, thats the only time you will get one over him, however the chances are you will blow your miserable self up long before. PLONKER :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Previous

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests