The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby bill cobbett » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:58 am

Turkey has failed in an attempt to detract from the 100th Anniversary Commemorations of the Armenian Genocide by staging the alternative Gallipoli "celebrations".

Just five nations accepted the Turkish invitations to send reps to the "celebrations" (presumably Azerbajan and "trnc" amongst them).

Consequently this miserable attempt to overshadow the Armenian Genocide commemorations has been cancelled.

Erdie won't be a happy chappy tonight.

From... http://www.todayszaman.com/national_gal ... 73217.html

"... Centennial commemorations of the Gallipoli Campaign of World War I initiated by the Turkish government and to be celebrated on April 24 of this year -- the same date as the centennial commemorations of what is called the “Armenian genocide” -- have been cancelled due to the unwillingness of international leaders to visit Ankara and overshadow the genocide ceremonies in Yerevan.

“The Gallipoli celebrations have been cancelled.

All preparations have been suspended as the number of RSVPs to the invitation is not positive.

Only five countries have accepted the invitation and they will not be represented by high-level officials,” an official from the government, who asked to remain anonymous, said in a talk with Sunday's Zaman. ..."
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby Paphitis » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:24 am

Good!

I hope Australia is not one of the 5 countries because its sickening how Gallipoli could be used to overshadow the Armenian Genocide.

This tarnishes Australia and the Government should make its stand and should demonstrate its disgust and unwillingness to take part in something that will simply just inflict pain to the millions of Armenians around the world.

Australian Servicemen were on the Armenian Death Marches and as a result, we need to demonstrate solidarity with Armenians because Australians experienced this genocide and perished too.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby Lordo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:53 am

bill cobbett wrote:Turkey has failed in an attempt to detract from the 100th Anniversary Commemorations of the Armenian Genocide by staging the alternative Gallipoli "celebrations".

Just five nations accepted the Turkish invitations to send reps to the "celebrations" (presumably Azerbajan and "trnc" amongst them).

Consequently this miserable attempt to overshadow the Armenian Genocide commemorations has been cancelled.

Erdie won't be a happy chappy tonight.

From... http://www.todayszaman.com/national_gal ... 73217.html

"... Centennial commemorations of the Gallipoli Campaign of World War I initiated by the Turkish government and to be celebrated on April 24 of this year -- the same date as the centennial commemorations of what is called the “Armenian genocide” -- have been cancelled due to the unwillingness of international leaders to visit Ankara and overshadow the genocide ceremonies in Yerevan.

“The Gallipoli celebrations have been cancelled.

All preparations have been suspended as the number of RSVPs to the invitation is not positive.

Only five countries have accepted the invitation and they will not be represented by high-level officials,” an official from the government, who asked to remain anonymous, said in a talk with Sunday's Zaman. ..."

did you really accept the to nations in the world who were defeated in gelibou to accept such an invitation and commemorate thier loss. and what does it have to do with armenia or armenians
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby Lordo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:54 am

Paphitis wrote:Good!

I hope Australia is not one of the 5 countries because its sickening how Gallipoli could be used to overshadow the Armenian Genocide.

This tarnishes Australia and the Government should make its stand and should demonstrate its disgust and unwillingness to take part in something that will simply just inflict pain to the millions of Armenians around the world.

Australian Servicemen were on the Armenian Death Marches and as a result, we need to demonstrate solidarity with Armenians because Australians experienced this genocide and perished too.

the austrations did their visitation during the battle and got their ass kicked. i am sure they do not wish to be reminded of their failures.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby Paphitis » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Good!

I hope Australia is not one of the 5 countries because its sickening how Gallipoli could be used to overshadow the Armenian Genocide.

This tarnishes Australia and the Government should make its stand and should demonstrate its disgust and unwillingness to take part in something that will simply just inflict pain to the millions of Armenians around the world.

Australian Servicemen were on the Armenian Death Marches and as a result, we need to demonstrate solidarity with Armenians because Australians experienced this genocide and perished too.

the austrations did their visitation during the battle and got their ass kicked. i am sure they do not wish to be reminded of their failures.


Really?

The Turks lost 100,000 men. For every Anzac Killed, there were 5 dead Turks.

You only claim the victory over the tactical withdrawal, which by the day was done under the cover of darkness right under your noses and you didn't even realize it because you thought the Aussies were still in their trenches 2 days after.

It's only when one of your Mehmetcik took a stroll over to realize the Anzacs were some dummies made from sandbags.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby Lordo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:50 pm

they kicked your ass boy, all the way to antipodies.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby Paphitis » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Lordo wrote:they kicked your ass boy, all the way to antipodies.


In your dreams!

Turks do not compare to Australians in soldiery. Sorry!

I don't mean to be condescending, but Australian Soldiers are well trained, well drilled, disciplined, and suually pack a pretty mean punch and they are as sought after as the Gurkha.

Turkish Soldiers might be OK but I don't think they come near to the Australians. Ataturk knew it as well, which is why you just kept sending your troops over to be slaughtered!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby Lordo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:59 pm

and are excellent soldiers at hiding under the beds when push comes to shove. what soldiers they are onest if i am at war i know i want ausi soldiers to my right and greek soldiers to my left
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby Paphitis » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:23 pm

Lordo wrote:and are excellent soldiers at hiding under the beds when push comes to shove. what soldiers they are onest if i am at war i know i want ausi soldiers to my right and greek soldiers to my left


Whatever you say mate.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Turkey Cancels Gallipoli "celebrations"

Postby Lordo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:48 pm

you come thousands of miles and attack a country and now you ask for sympathy. to hell boy and beyond. people have the right to form their government and fight for their country. and those who interfere deserve what they get.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqXxDg_nRwM
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests