The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


"... We Are All CYs ..."

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

"... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby bill cobbett » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Well this is encouraging.

A phone poll of 500 people carried out by the Uni of Nic reveals a good deal of support for a common CY identity...

..."... Invited to determine their identity, Greek Cypriots responded: 48% Cypriot, 43% more Cypriot than Greek/equally Cypriot and Greek, 9% Greek/more Greek than Cypriot. Responds from the Turkish Cypriot side were: 88% Cypriot, 6% equally Cypriot and Turk, 6% Turk/Turkish Cypriot.

Asked how useful it would be to have a common Cypriot identity, Greek Cypriots replied: 67% very useful/quite useful and Turkish Cypriots 80% very useful/quite useful. ..."


More at... http://in-cyprus.com/cypriot/
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: "... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:21 am

...yes, indeed, Cypriots are not stupid, it's those "Greeks" and the "Turks" that have kept us hostage to their "Problem" for so long. While the rest of the world does not forget that Cyprus, and Cypriots, exist, it is "they" the special few who continue to deny this intention, that Cyprus does not "belong" to them, we are its Stewards.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: "... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby kurupetos » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:30 pm

If the majority wants to be more CY than TR or GR, then the problem is solved. When can I move back to Kyrenia? :roll:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17887
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: "... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby Nikitas » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Sorry to burst the balloon, but as i see it our "equal" partners have more than twice the land per capita than we do, no wonder they feel more Cypriot.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: "... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby Lordo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:34 pm

land per capita since when have you turned communist

land has value. just recently 27 donums of larnaca land was exchanged with 600 donums of land in timbu. thats 20 times the value. 50 donums of limasol land was bought by the roc for 50 million. larnaca, limasol and baf lands are are worth their weight in gold knocks the socks of your average girne land never mind south lefkosa. i got news for you boy in a fair exchange we you will have to hand over land to the north.

kurubeto are you originally from girne.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: "... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby kurupetos » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:24 am

Lordo wrote:land per capita since when have you turned communist

land has value. just recently 27 donums of larnaca land was exchanged with 600 donums of land in timbu. thats 20 times the value. 50 donums of limasol land was bought by the roc for 50 million. larnaca, limasol and baf lands are are worth their weight in gold knocks the socks of your average girne land never mind south lefkosa. i got news for you boy in a fair exchange we you will have to hand over land to the north.

kurubeto are you originally from girne.

No, I am from Kyrenia.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17887
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: "... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby Lordo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:52 pm

it no longer exists, get with the times it is now girne and it will remain girne for some time, what street were you born in reh gondobotsi
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: "... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby kurupetos » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Lordo wrote:it no longer exists, get with the times it is now girne and it will remain girne for some time, what street were you born in reh gondobotsi

:lol: Dunno any Girne, Fardo. When we will take it back it will be Kyrenia.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17887
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: "... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:13 pm

...and if it is Kyrenia/Girne, those who love it should be there, not if you are "Turkish" enough, wouldn't you say?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: "... We Are All CYs ..."

Postby kurupetos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:53 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...and if it is Kyrenia/Girne, those who love it should be there, not if you are "Turkish" enough, wouldn't you say?

No.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17887
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests