The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:45 am

Now that erolz has once again been exposed for making up lies to propagate anti-Greek sentiments and derail truth, back to the topic:

The petition is at nearly 360,000 (aim, 500,000) to show support for the academics who want to put forward the islanders for the Nobel Peace Prize:

The petition reads: “Ordinary residents of Greek islands and other volunteers have been on the front lines of Europe’s refugee crisis for months, opening up their hearts and homes to save hundreds of thousands fleeing war and terror."

It argues for the islanders to be nominated “for their compassion and courage, for treating those in danger with humanity, and for setting an example for the rest of the world to follow.”



You can sign here:
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/nobel_prize ... 1/?aZusfkb

:)
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:27 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:If your so called (non) 'evidence' came from something that was stated as not available, then you or they made it all up. Since even that source of yours said nothing about sanctions, then by logical deduction, YOU are the falsifier of information!


My evidence did not come from something I stated was not available. Your claim that it did is just classic GiG distortion of demonstrable evident actual fact to suit you needs. It came from the publicly available EU Commission Press release. In fact you are the one who claims to have not quoted from the publicly available EU commission press release, which previously you had dismissed, but claimed instead to have quote from the "the evaluation document" that is not publicly available, even though that is clearly not true and you did in fact quote verbatim from exactly that EU Commission press release. I did not make up the EU Commission press release, I quoted and linked from it from the primary source. Neither did the EU Commission itself 'make up' what was in that press release. That you can try to claim that something plainly and publicly stated in an EU Commission press release was made up by them (the EU Commission) just yet again shows the degree to which you will simply massacre truth to suit your needs.

The EU Commission's own press release was and is public. My evidence was and is from this public EU Commission press release. That is what I linked to from its primary source and that you have subsequently tried to dismissed (and then quote from yourself and then deny you quoted from even though you clearly did). In that EU Commission press release they publicly state what the conclusion of the draft Schengen Evaluation Report on Greece were, even though the full text of that draft report remain outside the public domain. They publicly state that the conclusion of that draft report were that "the draft report concludes that Greece is seriously neglecting its obligations and that there are serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border controls that must be overcome and dealt with by the Greek authorities.". The press release does not report that there were 'discussion and debate' about what the conclusion of the draft report were , with some countries claiming it concluded one thing and others another. It just states, unequivocally, what the draft report conclusion were.

The public EU Commission's press released unequivocally stated that

the draft report concludes that Greece is seriously neglecting its obligations and that there are serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border controls that must be overcome and dealt with by the Greek authorities.


Those are the exact words from the EU Commissions own public press release copied from the primary source of the EU Commissions own website. What is more they then go on in that same public press release to explicitly lay out what happens if a schengen member state is found in a Schengen evaluation report to have "seriously neglecting its obligations under the Schengen rules" and if there are "serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border control" - that is exactly what they have previously said the draft Schengen Evaluation Report on Greece concluded. They then explicitly lay out in this same public EU Commission press release, that was and is 'my source', what sanctions can be imposed if the process to address "serious deficiencies" does not prove effective within three months.

It is this public EU Commission press release (my source) that then led to the avalanche of press reports from credible media outlets like the BBC, Guardian, Irish Times, Independent, Cyprus Mail reporting this EU Commission meeting and the press release following it under headlines like "EU threatens Greece over border controls" and "Greece given three months to avoid Schengen suspension" and "Greece hits back after EU's Schengen threat" and "Greece warned it faces expulsion from passport-free zone"

GreekIslandGirl wrote:You seem to have given up trying to find evidence for you statement ..... :lol:


I can not provide evidence to someone who just denies and distorts factual truth and reality to suit their needs in the way that you systematically do and so clearly are doing yet again here. That is not what I am doing here. What I am doing here is just once more highlighting the lengths and degree to which you will do this because as I say I despise such utter contempt for truth that you display through such behaviour. As ever it amazes me that you can even imagine that anyone is actually fooled by such pathetic and weak attempts as those you make here in this thread, but evidently you do seem to think you are fooling someone, presumably other than just yourself.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:47 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Now that erolz has once again been exposed for making up lies to propagate anti-Greek sentiments and derail truth,


So the fantasy world of GiG continues. You think you have 'exposed' me for making up lies for propaganda purposes ? A clearer example of you systematic distortion of actual factual demonstrable truth would be hard to find.

I quote from an EU Commission press release, giving a direct link to the primary source of that press release and you describe the source as being "EU debate sites are NOT the same as the EU Commission" and I am the lier here ?

You yourself quote from the very same EU Commission press release but claim you did NOT quote from it (even though you plainly and clearly did) and instead claim you were quoting from "the evaluation document" and I am the lier here ?

You claim that the likes of the Guardian, Telegraph and the Irish times all 'spread lies as much as I do when it suits them too' and then claim I am the lier here ?

You claim I make straw man arguments and then quote pages and pages of text from a meeting that was an entirely different one from the one that I presented the EU Commissions own press release about as proof that this entirely different meeting did not say the things that the press release I did link to said and then make out I am the lier here ?

This is the fantasy world according to GiG.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby Jerry » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:49 am

I think there's little doubt that Turkey could do a lot more to stop this carnage. I read a report recently where a reporter found a place in Smyrna (I think) that had piles of rubber inflatables openly on sale. Surely its not beyond the power of the Turkish Government to seek impound these deadly craft and break the supply chain. It's pretty obvious that Turkey is, in the main,still turning a blind eye to the refugee exodus, it wants rid of the burden and it's quite happy to embarrass Greece at the same time.

Perhaps the EU should have had a little more foresight a few years and paid for better refugee facilities in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan rather than blame Greece.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:53 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Don't push it with me on your stupid ideas about who is a Cypriot, there's a good neighbour.


You mean the stupid ideas of who is a Cypriot as defined in the law and constitution of the Republic of Cyprus itself. So I guess for you RoC law and the RoC constitution are also things, that along with truth, can be and are just written off and ignored and denied by you when it suits your propaganda requirements to do so.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:15 am

Jerry wrote:I think there's little doubt that Turkey could do a lot more to stop this carnage.


Everyone knows that Turkey has a vital role to play in trying to limit the effects of this migration crisis spreading to EU member states. However to make out that these effects can stopped by one county alone or that one country alone can prevent them or one country alone is to blame, be that country Greece or Turkey or any other is just madness. It is still a fact that Turkey is currently home to more such refugees than the entire EU has either taken in or had thrust upon them against their will and that every refugee Turkey is effective in stopping passing through Turkey on their way to Europe becomes a refugee that ends up in Turkey.

As the EU Council president himself said

“Let us not be naive. Turkey is not the only key to solving the migration crisis,” said Tusk. “The most important one is our responsibility and duty to protect our external borders. We cannot outsource this obligation to any third country. I will repeat this again: without control on our external borders, Schengen will become history.”


(source of the Greek hating lying EU council president words quoted above were reported on the Greek hating lying Guardian newspaper here http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/n ... eal-stalls )

Could Turkey do more to stop refugees passing through Turkey on their way to the EU ? Probably. Could Greece do more to properly handle those refugees that do reach it's shores as per its Shengen agreement obligations ? Probably and undoubtedly if you believe the EU Commission and do not just write them off out of hand as Greek hating liers for saying so.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:26 am

erolz66 wrote:And yet the EU Commission is criticising and threatening sanctions against Greece.


Three pages of erolzziziness and you have produced NOTHING to support your lies about the EU Commission threatening sanctions.

And in fact even the evaluation report that will lead to decisions doesn't even criticize Greece (the section is quoted, along with Italy) but offers help in the way of Frontex (plus), as I said! Yet the evaluation document criticises the likes of Sweden for fraudulant papers and lax immigration.

Stop spreading lies!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:29 am

erolz66 wrote:Everyone knows that Turkey has a vital role to play in trying to limit the effects of this migration crisis spreading to EU member states.


Turkey's only vital role is to stop creating the problem in the first place! It's using people as pawns to destroy Greece and get money into the bargain.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:45 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:And in fact even the evaluation report that will lead to decisions doesn't even criticize Greece (the section is quoted, along with Italy) but offers help in the way of Frontex (plus), as I said! Yet the evaluation document criticises the likes of Sweden for fraudulant papers and lax immigration.


The EU Commission publicly state in a Press Release that the draft Schengen Evaluation Report on Greece produced as a results of the unannounced site visits to the Greek-Turkish land border and to Chios and Samos conducted from 10 to 13 November 2015

concludes that Greece is seriously neglecting its obligations and that there are serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border controls that must be overcome and dealt with by the Greek authorities.


You then claim that because in an entirely different earlier schengen evaluation report that covers the period 1 May - 10 December 2015 they do not say this, the claim that the EU Commission has criticised Greece is untrue. This is exactly the kind of systematic distortion of objective reality with intent to distort it that is your hallmark GiG and that I so despise.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Stop spreading lies!


According to you I am lying when I quote the EU Commission's own press release, the EU Commission themselves are lying in their press release and the BBC, Cyprus Mail, Guardian, Independent, Irish Times and countless other media outlets are also all lying in their reports about this EU Commission meeting and subsequent press release about it. Everyone but you is lying in the fantasy world constructed by GiG in order to try and deny the truth of what the EU Commission actual said publicly in their Press Commission.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:34 pm

erolz66 wrote:According to you I am lying when I quote the EU Commission's own press release,


You cannot try and get out of your lies by quoting some random EU Commission report. I want you to quote the bit that YOU said states the following:

And yet the EU Commission is criticising and threatening sanctions against Greece.

You were supposed to find the SPECIFIC quote which supports the above and you have failed. No other bits will do! Not something else which you use as a straw man tool so that you can wheedle your way out of another exposure as a Greek-hating psychotic liar!

I do not have a problem with general EU Commission quotes.

I have a problem with your lack of evidence showing the SPECIFIC quote that supposedly supports your above statement on the EU Commission THREATENING SANCTIONS to Greece -

Why can't you find the quote, Erolz????????

Maybe because it DOES NOT exist because the EU Commission has made NO such threats!

Look back at this thread - a topic of HUMANITY - and within 6 posts we see your evil hatred of all that is good thrust upon us by your out of context post.

Such is your hatred of anything good that you must lie your way into derailing another thread.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests