The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:19 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:You cannot try and get out of your lies by quoting some random EU Commission report.


I linked to and quoted from a single EU Commission Press release as my primary source. You first dismissed this EU Commission press release as an "EU debate site". You then quoted from it yourself and claim that you had not quoted from it. You then quoted pages and pages from an entirely irrelevant different and earlier evaluation report than the one referred to in this EU Commission press release.

And so inevitably the shrill petulant 'screaming and shouting' (bold oversized underlined text) comes out.

GreekIslandGirl wrote: I want you to quote the bit that YOU said states the following:

And yet the EU Commission is criticising and threatening sanctions against Greece.


You want me to quote the relevant sections again, for I have already quoted them countless times. Once more. The section where the EU Commission, in their own public press release criticise Greece are

The report shows that there are serious deficiencies in the management of the external border in Greece.


and

Whilst acknowledging that the Greek authorities are under pressure, the report notably finds that there is no effective identification and registration of irregular migrants and that fingerprints are not being systematically entered into the system and travel documents are not being systematically checked for the authenticity or against crucial security databases, such as SIS, Interpol and national databases. On this basis, the draft report concludes that Greece is seriously neglecting its obligations and that there are serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border controls that must be overcome and dealt with by the Greek authorities.


Only a lunatic could try and claim that the above is NOT criticism of Greece by the EU Commission. You are that lunatic.

The specific part where they threaten sanction if these deficiencies are not rectified within three months is

Where, after three months, serious deficiencies persist and the measures taken have not proved sufficient to ensure the adequate remedy of these deficiencies, the Commission may trigger the application of the procedure provided for in Article 26 of the Schengen Borders Code.


GreekIslandGirl wrote:You were supposed to find the SPECIFIC quote which supports the above and you have failed. No other bits will do! Not something else which you use as a straw man tool so that you can wheedle your way out of another exposure as a Greek-hating psychotic liar!


You are as shameless as you vain attempts at distortion are transparent. You are the one who has gone and quoted pages and pages of text from an entirely irrelevant and different evaluation report that pre dates the one talked about by the EU Commission in their own press release. Having done so you then accuse me of 'straw man' arguments. Pathetic but just GiG business as usual.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:I have a problem with your lack of evidence showing the SPECIFIC quote that supposedly supports your above statement on the EU Commission THREATENING SANCTIONS to Greece -


There was, according to you, no threat to Greece within the EU Commission press release, yet as a direct result of this EU commission press release we see headlines reporting on it that say "Greece told it could be kicked out of Schengen" and "Greece given three months to avoid Schengen suspension" and "Greece hits back after EU's Schengen threat" and "EU threatens Greece over border controls" and "Greece threatened with expulsion from Schengen over migration crisis".

In the mad fantasy world of GiG, all of these reports are 'junk' and lies and the BBC, Cyprus Mail, Independent, Guardian, Irish Times and countless others are all also along with myself the product of Greek-hating psychotic liars.

In the real world there is clearly someone here who is a psychotic lier and I suggest that it is not myself and the journalists at the media outlets mentioned above and countless others beside but is in fact you GiG.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Why can't you find the quote, Erolz????????


Just screaming in bold 150 point text does not make your distortion any more credible. I have repeatedly shown the specific sections from the same single EU Commission press release that supports the assertion that the EU Commission both criticised and threatened Greece. That you still continue to scream in your 150 point bold text that I have failed to do so just shows the extent of you mania.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Maybe because it DOES NOT exist because the EU Commission has made NO such threats!


According to you the EU Commission made no such threats in their press release, yet countless media outlets report on this EU Commission press release using headlines saying that Greece has been threatened with sanctions by the EU if they fail to put things right within three months. The only way to sustain your distortion of real;ity in the face of this is to simply write off all of these press reports and inaccurate lies made up by Greek hating journalists. It is absurd and pathetic but this is exactly what you do Gig, what you have always done here for well over 10 years of your inane posting here on this forum.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:04 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote: I want you to quote the bit that YOU said states the following:

And yet the EU Commission is criticising and threatening sanctions against Greece.


You want me to quote the relevant sections again, for I have already quoted them countless times.


NO - You have NOT quoted any such section threatening sanctions against Greece, from and BY the EU COMMISSION.

Their report isn't even public.

Meanwhile the evaluation it will be based on does NOT criticise Greece but offers solutions, such as using Frontex more. Other countries are indeed criticized - but no mention of that, why?

The rest are debates/speculation/propaganda such as yours - and NOT the EU COMMISSION.

Once again, you are blinded by your hatred of Greece and the praises of their humanity, and bolstered by an inability to admit when you are lying.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:06 pm

This is what poor Greece has to put up with.

Even when their humanity is praised by some worthwhile academics and intellectuals, a small positive recognition - some lunatic Turk-inspired evil comes along to derail and destroy!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:43 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote: Their report isn't even public.


The report itself is not yet in the public domain but the conclusions of that draft report ARE public, they were made public by the EU Commission itself in their own press release where they state that "the draft report concludes that....". To try and make out that these conclusion are not public becausce the full report itself has not yet been put into the puiblic domain is exactly the kind of distortion you specialise in.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Meanwhile the evaluation it will be based on does NOT criticise Greece but offers solutions, such as using Frontex more. Other countries are indeed criticized - but no mention of that, why?


This is just made up fantasy nonsense from you. You assert that Greece's performance will only be judged based on the evaluation report that covers the period till the 10 Dec 2015 and that this subsequent evaluation report will not be used. This is just totally untrue and clearly so if you just read the EU Commission's own press release about their discussion of this later evaluation report. You literately are just making things up out of thin air to suit you needs. It is pathetic but it is also totally consistent with how you have always behaved here in over 10 years of postings.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:The rest are debates/speculation/propaganda such as yours - and NOT the EU COMMISSION.


The EU Commission's own press release is NOT debate or speculation or propaganda and no matter how many times you claim it is that does not make it so. The conclusions of this latest evaluation report that the EU Commission itself make public in their press release are not debates or speculation or propaganda. Nor is it debate or speculation or propaganda that in this same EU Commission press release the EU Commission also specificaly outlines what are the potential sanctions that can be take against a Schengen member state that is found in an evaluation report to be "seriously neglecting its obligations under the Schengen rules" - which is EXACTLY what the EU Commission itself has said this latest evaluation report concludes about Greece - and then fails to rectify this within three months. None of this is debate or speculation or propaganda. It is all self evident easily verifiable absolute fact that is all clearly shown in the EU Commissions own press release. That you continue to try to make out that it is not fact but just debate / speculation and propaganda just shows what a maniac you are.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Once again, you are blinded by your hatred of Greece and the praises of their humanity, and bolstered by an inability to admit when you are lying.


There is one of us that is blinded by a myopic, biased and totally one sided and distorted view of Greece and who has consistently tried to push such a view here for over 10 years and who as a result is being forced to deny and distort and pervert plain obvious verifiable objective reality and it is not me (or the EU Commission or the journalists from the BBC, Cyprus Mail, Independent, Guardian, Irish Times and countless others credible media outlets).
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:18 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote: Their report isn't even public.


The report itself is not yet in the public domain but the conclusions of that draft report ARE public, they were made public by the EU Commission itself in their own press release where they state that "the draft report concludes that....".


That's a draft evaluation document and does NOT mention sanctions!

Yet you claimed the EU Commission is threatening sanctions!

You are not just a liar but an arrogant twister - merging and meddling with reports to fool people with your own self-created propaganda!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:19 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote: That's a draft evaluation document and does NOT mention sanctions!


Yes it is a draft and in the coming weeks it will be ratified and become public. In the mean time the EU Commission took the unusual step of publicly announcing the conclusion of this evaluation report anyway. No draft evaluation report will talk about sanctions because that is not the purpose of such reports or how the process works. It is the EU Commission who decide whether to recommend sanctions if and when and evaluation report finds that a member state is "seriously neglecting its obligations under the Schengen rules" and if there are "serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border control" and these are not addressed within three months of the evaluation reporting finding such. This is all laid out clearly and plainly in the same EU Commission press release where they also announce that latest draft evaluation report on Greece did conclude that "that Greece is seriously neglecting its obligations and that there are serious deficiencies in the carrying out of external border controls that must be overcome and dealt with by the Greek authorities". That is the plain and evident truth.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:You are not just a liar but an arrogant twister - merging and meddling with reports to fool people with your own self-created propaganda!


I quoted and linked to the primary source of one single EU Commission press release that is about a single draft evaluation report and I am the one merging and meddling with reports to fool people with my own self-created propaganda ?

You claim an EU Commission press release linked to and quoted from its primary source is from and "EU debating site" and I am the arrogant liar and twister ?

You then quote from that same source yourself, verbatim and word for word and then claim you were not quoting from this source at all and I am the arrogant liar and twister and I am the one merging and meddling with reports to fool people with my own self-created propaganda ?

You then quote from an entirely different evaluation report that pre dates the one actually discussed by the EU Council and that their press release was about and try to fraudulently make out that this is the only relevant evaluation report that matters despite this being clearly untrue and evidently so from the EU Commissions own press release and and I am the arrogant liar and twister and I am the one merging and meddling with reports to fool people with my own self-created propaganda ?

You totally dismiss out of hand newspaper and news outlet report after report after report from serious credible media organisations as being lies of Greek hating journalists and I am the arrogant liar and twister ?

This then is what you do. What you have consistently and systematically done for over 10 years on this forum. This is who you are on this forum.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby MR-from-NG » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:22 pm

Arguing with an idiot can be time consuming and mentally draining. Arguing with an idiot is a lot like a saying my dad used to tell me, "Never wrestle with a pig, you'll both get dirty and the pig will enjoy it." In other words, don't argue with an idiot, you both look stupid and the idiot enjoys it!

So, consider the overall need for such a discussion. If the outcome you are seeking is not extremely valuable, break off the discussion sooner versus later. You'll save your brain cells, your mental sanity, and the strength to fight another day... and everything will be right with the world.
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:29 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote: That's a draft evaluation document and does NOT mention sanctions!


Yes it is a draft ........................


Not quite good enough but getting nearer the truth should be good for your soul.

And, whatever that evaluation document will provide for addressing Schengen issues it still doesn't threaten Greece with sanctions! In fact if you look at the report instead of your discussion site, it's more critical of Sweden and others!

And you seem to have got ahead of yourself in your rush to condemn Greece just when there is the tiniest chance someone might say something good .... along comes you with spreading lies!

Come clean and admit you were talking (your word) BOLLOCKS again when you derailed this thread with your propaganda claims:

Lyingerolz wrote:And yet the EU Commission is criticising and threatening sanctions against Greece.


Come clean and admit you are a liar! The evidence is there - you lied. There is NO such threat of sanctions against Greece by the EU Commission. You lied!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby MR-from-NG » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Wow, clearly, not an idiot but a raving fucking lunatic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:30 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:And, whatever that evaluation document will provide for addressing Schengen issues it still doesn't threaten Greece with sanctions!


Neither I nor the many many many journalist ever said that the evaluation report was threatening Greece with sanctions. It is the EU Commission itself that did so by first publicly stating what the latest evaluation report (not the previous one that is entirely irrelevant to this discussion and you KEEP dragging up) conclusion were and then going on to publicly outline what sanctions can be imposed on member in such a case that fail to rectify such issues within three months.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:In fact if you look at the report ..


You just continue to talk about an entirely different, earlier evaluation report from the one the EU Commission refer to in their press release, as if no one is able to see or understand that you are in fact talking about an entirely different evaluation report.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:instead of your discussion site,


You yet again try to claim that the official EU Commission website that contains official EU Commission press releases is in nothing more than a 'discussion site' and in doing so you yet again show how you incessantly and shamelessly distort undeniable factual reality to suit your needs.

Come clean and admit you are a liar! The evidence is there - you lied. There is NO such threat of sanctions against Greece by the EU Commission. You lied!


Once more you just end up clearly demonstrating your utter contempt for plain obvious actual truth and show the extent of your moral and intellectual bankruptcy in discussions such as these.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest