The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:12 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote: Why don't you wait for the EU Commission to actually release its recommendations and stop CREATING lies!


Here you go

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-211_en.htm


Here is what The Evaluation Report you keep ignoring says on Greece:

UNPRECEDENTED MIGRATORY PRESSURE 2.1. Migration flows at the external borders The numbers of irregular migrants and applicants for international protection arriving in the EU have increased dramatically. The number of irregular border crossings detected so far in 2015 (1 553 614)2 considerably exceeds the total number of irregular border crossings during the 2009-2014 period (813 044). Migrants have been entering via the three main routes where an absolute majority of all irregular EU border crossings were detected in January-November 2015: the eastern Mediterranean (716 202 detections), the Western Balkans (667 147) and the central Mediterranean (144 300). It should be noted however that part of the irregular
1 COM(2011) 561 final.
2 The data for January-October 2015 (1 284 549) is available from Frontex Risk Analysis Network (FRAN) and covers the Schengen area and Schengen candidate countries. It includes only the third country nationals detected at external borders (except temporary external borders) when entering or attempting to enter illegally between the border crossing points (BCPs). For November, the data originates from Joint Operations Reporting Application (JORA) and from the Croatian Ministry of Interior (http://www.mup.hr/219696.aspx); estimates have been used for routes where no data was yet available.
3
migrants that are detected on the Western Balkans route have already been counted once in the figures for the eastern Mediterranean route through Greece. Many of those arriving in the EU are fleeing conflicts in their region and therefore request international protection. Although the asylum legislation is not part of the Schengen acquis, it is obvious that the refugee crisis has significant consequences for the situation at the EU’s external borders and within the Schengen area. The dramatically increased number of arrivals has put the border control and asylum systems of the countries concerned under extreme pressure. In response to this situation, the Commission introduced the ‘hotspot’ approach, which provides a platform to allow the EU agencies to assist the frontline Member States in registering, screening and debriefing incoming migrants quickly, to help with the asylum procedures and to coordinate the return operations. Italy and Greece are the first two Member States where this approach is being implemented3. The Commission has also sent its own personnel to both Member States to provide practical coordination and support. The Migration Management Support Teams active at the 'hotspots' rely on the Member States' contributions via Frontex' and EASO's calls for experts and equipment in an appropriate manner.
Following the proposals of the Commission the Council in September has agreed on relocation of 160 000 applicants in clear need of international protection from Italy, Greece and possibly other Member States directly affected by the refugee crisis.4 Full implementation of the relocation mechanism, alongside the roll-out of 'hotspots', should alleviate the pressure on these countries. In addition to the ongoing Frontex joint operations — Triton (hosted by Italy) and Poseidon Sea (hosted by Greece), to which the financial allocation has been trippled to enable reinforcing their surveillance and rescue capacity — the EU launched a Common Security and Defence Policy operation in the southern central Mediterranean on 22 June. This operation aims specifically at disrupting the business model of human smuggling and trafficking networks.
Furthermore, Member States faced with a situation of urgent and exceptional pressure may request the assistance of the Rapid Border Intervention Teams (RABITs) provided in the Frontex Regulation. On 3 December, Greece submitted such a formal request to Frontex for the deployment of a Rapid Border Intervention Team operation to provide immediate border guard support at its external border in the Aegean islands. On 10 December Frontex took the necessary decisions to launch this operation and to immediately agree on the operational plan with the Greek Authorities within the same operational area as Poseidon Sea.


and

The conclusions of the two visits are currently being finalised at the expert level. The Commission will continue monitoring the situation closely, including the evolving situation at the border between Greece and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. The potential for this border to become a source of tension has been intensified including by the erection of border fencing as a border management tool, and the decision by the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to follow the decision of other countries and restrict passage on the grounds of nationality or the little engagement in bilateral border-related confidence building measures, although day-to-day contacts between the border administrations have improved. On 3 December an agreement was reached that Frontex will assist Greece with identification and registration of migrants at the border between Greece and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.


Where does it recommend sanctions?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:27 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote: Why don't you wait for the EU Commission to actually release its recommendations and stop CREATING lies!


Here you go

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-211_en.htm


Here is what The Evaluation Report you keep ignoring says on Greece:


You are as relentless as you are shameless.

Here is the evaluation report that the EU Commission today via an official press release, clearly and patently did NOT use as the basis submitting recommendations to the Council for adoptions, recommendations that it also explicitly says, if adopted by the Council and yet within three months "serious deficiencies persist" the Commission can then trigger the procedure that would suspend Greece from Schengen for a period, used as evidence that the EU Commission did not find "serious deficiencies" with Greece re Schengen obligations.

I suggest you try looking at what the EU Commission has said about the report it IS using as the basis for "submitting recommendations to the Council for adoption" rather than the one it is NOT using, that you prefer for obvious reasons. However such a suggestion would represent rationality so it's unlikely you will do such in my opinion.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:24 pm

erolz66 wrote:I suggest you try looking at what the EU Commission has said about the report ...


When it says:

Commission adopts Schengen Evaluation Report on Greece and proposes recommendations to address deficiencies in external border management


It means they are adopting its findings and evaluation, which if you look back at the Evaluation Document, you will see are mostly proposals about more Frontex help. Nothing else! The EU Commission has not added anything different.

As for the other bits, those are the general add ons they add for ALL countries and are NOT threats to Greece.

For example, a previous one:

The Schengen evaluation and monitoring mechanism, in place to monitor the implementation of the Schengen acquis, was strengthened to ensure an effective, consistent and transparent application of the Schengen rules and regulations by the Schengen Member States, while at the same time maintaining a high level of mutual trust between those Member States.

The strengthened mechanism covers all aspects of the Schengen acquis, including external borders, visa policy, the Schengen Information System, data protection, police cooperation, judicial cooperation in criminal matters, as well as the absence of border control at the internal borders and the functioning of the authorities applying the relevant parts of the Schengen acquis. It, furthermore, introduces the possibility to carry out unannounced on-site visits and gives clearer rules for the set up and adoption of evaluation reports and recommendations, as well as for the follow-up of identified deficiencies in Member State's external border control. At the same time, the Commission is given an overall coordinating role for the organization and implementation of the mechanism. This role is to be executed in close cooperation with the Member States.

In practice, the strengthening of the mechanism translates in Schengen evaluations to Member States implemented based on a multi-annual and an annual evaluation programme - for the period 2015-2019, 5 to 7 Member States will be evaluated each year, beginning in 2015 with the evaluation of Austria, Belgium, Germany, Liechtenstein and the Netherlands - and resulting in evaluation reports with concrete recommendations for remedial action. Subsequently, the Member State concerned is required to submit an action plan setting out how it intends to remedy the weaknesses identified. The implementation of the plan will be reviewed on a regular basis. In addition, Member States can be assisted in fulfilling the recommendations via practical and/or financial measures from the Commission, Frontex or other EU bodies. Possible re-visits will allow ensuring that the changes have been implemented.

In the exceptional circumstances where persistent serious deficiencies in a Member State's control of its external borders have been identified and when it is clear that measures taken by the evaluated Member State are not sufficient to ensure the adequate remedy of these deficiencies, border controls may be reintroduced temporarily . However, this is a step of last resort and would be used only if all other measures like operational support from Frontex were ineffective in mitigating a serious threat.


This is what the recommendations are for Greece:

The recommendations are submitted by the Commission to the Council for adoption. As a follow-up, the Member State in question is required to submit an action plan setting out how it intends to remedy the weaknesses identified. Member States can be assisted in fulfilling the recommendations via practical and/or financial measures from the Commission, Frontex or other EU bodies.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:09 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote: It means they are adopting its findings and evaluation, which if you look back at the Evaluation Document, you will see are mostly proposals about more Frontex help. Nothing else! The EU Commission has not added anything different.


No you are wrong - yet again.

The document you claim is the 'evaluation report' - the document titled "Eighth biannual report on the functioning of the Schengen area" is NOT what this press release is 'adopting' at all.

I could (and in fact have) written a long long detailed account of all the evidence that shows beyond any possible doubt that the evaluation report the press release of the 27th Jan 2016 was talking about and that this press release is adopting clearly is NOT the "Eighth biannual report on the functioning of the Schengen area" but in fact an entirely different evaluation report that relates ONLY to Greece and is the result of visits to Chios and Samos that occurred outside of the reporting period of the "Eighth biannual report on the functioning of the Schengen area"

But I can not be arsed because actually is is plainly fucking obvious this is the case if you just read either of the Press releases - it is made explicitly clear in both beyond any possible doubt. Yet despite this you just go on and on and on and on with you blatant bullshit that there is just one single 'evaluation document', the general one about all Schengen members titled ""Eighth biannual report on the functioning of the Schengen area" whilst ignoring the relevant subsequent Evaluation Report, the one that the EU Commission IS talking about - the one they themselves SAY they are talking about, the one that is in the title of both press releases, the one that is ONLY about Greece because it is an evaluation report based on visits ONLY to the Greek / Turkey boarder and no where else.

You do all this whilst accusing me of being "not just a liar but an arrogant twister - merging and meddling with reports to fool people with your own self-created propaganda".

Such behaviour disgusts me because it is obscene and disgusting.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Whilst he was still trying to defend his absurd lies, he posted this in support:

erolz66 wrote:You are divorced from reality GiG

http://www.euractiv.com/sections/justic ... gen-320064

Greece told it could be kicked out of Schengen



http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... ee-crisis-greece-warned-it-faces-expulsion-from-schengen-passport-free-zone-a6837711.html

Schengen: Greece warned it faces expulsion from passport-free zone



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh look, after a week of lies, he has now read some facts and seems to have changed his stance ......

erolz66 wrote:And for the record there is no provision within the Schengen Acquis as it currently stands for a member to be expelled from Schengen ....


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep arguing with yourself. You are such a waste of time! :D :P
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby erolz66 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:00 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Oh look, after a week of lies, he has now read some facts and seems to have changed his stance ......

erolz66 wrote:And for the record there is no provision within the Schengen Acquis as it currently stands for a member to be expelled from Schengen ....


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep arguing with yourself. You are such a waste of time! :D :P


Pathetic.

Given that you have decided to report this same garbage over multiple threads , I will in turn report the same reply I gave to you when you did it the first time.

You only have to be able to use the advanced search on this forum to be able to know as absolute fact that I never used the word expulsion, other than when I was myself quoting from newspaper articles. Once more you just show how actual reality is just irrelevant to you and how misrepresentation and distortion is so often central to your claims.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:24 pm

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Oh look, after a week of lies, he has now read some facts and seems to have changed his stance ......

erolz66 wrote:And for the record there is no provision within the Schengen Acquis as it currently stands for a member to be expelled from Schengen ....


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep arguing with yourself. You are such a waste of time! :D :P


Pathetic.

Given that you have decided to report this same garbage over multiple threads , I will in turn report the same reply I gave to you when you did it the first time.


That's because you've been depositing the same anti-Greek propaganda over several threads including starting one to assert that I was the one who distorts - when we now have ample evidence that you have been spreading lies about the EU Commission threatening Greece.

This is when your twisting powers come to the fore! :P

I pressed you endless times to support your claim that the EU Commission threatened sanctions against Greece and you came up with countless sources to support you that they were indeed threatening expulsion. Now you are going to distance yourself from your very own *supporting* sources, coward. It's you who is pathetic as well as poorly informed. I warned you it was all anti-Greek media hype and propaganda, but you were blinded by hatred.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby supporttheunderdog » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:06 pm

"g"IGgle you are plain wrong.

If you read the official EU press reports on 27th Jan,and 2nd Feb, which i quoted verbatim, and provided links too, it was quite clear
1) Greece was warned that if serious violations were found, it was open to the Commission to take steps to impose requirements for improvement and if those did not work, potentially suspend Greece from Schengen.
2) that such serious violations had been found
3) according to the 2nd Feb press release that the Commission had adopted the report of violations, and in consequence required action to be taken under article 19 to correct them, drawing attention to article 26, which includes the sanction of suspension from Schengen, if corrective measures are not adequately implemented.

No one wants Greece suspended from Schengen. I do not. The commission does not, and that is why they are seeking to work with Greece to deal with the identified serious issues. For its part Greece must recognise that there are problems and be willing to work with the Commission, but if there is anyone like you in charge, you who are in denial, and playing at shooting the messenger because they, and I, do not accept your particular world view, Greece will have big problems with the commission.
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8201
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:50 pm

Shut up stupid stud!

Now the derailing tactics have been suitably put in their place ....
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Cyprus' Sister Island - Greek Heroics on Rhodes

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:53 pm

:D
85-year-old grandmother, Emilia Kamvisi, on the Greek island of Lesvos, .... was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.


“What did I do? I didn’t do anything,” asked Emilia Kamvisi, an 85-year-old grandmother from the Greek island of Lesvos, when she heard she’d been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Kamvisi’s flash of fame came after she and two friends aged 89 and 85 were photographed bottle feeding a Syrian baby last autumn, as they helped refugees who had survived the treacherous boat journey from Turkey.

Four months later, she is among three people nominated for the Nobel prize to symbolically represent the “behavior and attitude of Greece, organizations and volunteers towards the huge refugee crisis.


[Reuters] http://www.ekathimerini.com/205583/arti ... e-nominees
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8959
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests