The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby Paphitis » Fri May 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Lordo wrote:
Nikitas wrote:Father Tsestos, the priest who carried out the graveside services for the people put in mass graves during the coup gave many interviews, all on record, about those days. These people were not unidentified. Cyprus is far too small to have unidentified people. We know who they were. We know how their remains were delivered to the cemetery and by who. These people were not in the list of missing persons. Do not flatter yourself that you discovered some big scandal.

What we do not know is who gave the orders to use deadly force during the coup and why. It is no coincidence that both "mother countries" terrorised the population, each in her own way, in the summer of 1974.

if they knew who they were why are they doing dna tests for. secondly is it not disres[ectful to keep the families of these people waiting for so long to give them individual burials.

why the hell have the roc waited over 4 decades to do this. why now.


Maybe they had to wait for people to die out.

Seems plausible as all other countries do the same before they open secret files.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby Lordo » Fri May 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Nikitas wrote:Father Tsestos, the priest who carried out the graveside services for the people put in mass graves during the coup gave many interviews, all on record, about those days. These people were not unidentified. Cyprus is far too small to have unidentified people. We know who they were. We know how their remains were delivered to the cemetery and by who. These people were not in the list of missing persons. Do not flatter yourself that you discovered some big scandal.

What we do not know is who gave the orders to use deadly force during the coup and why. It is no coincidence that both "mother countries" terrorised the population, each in her own way, in the summer of 1974.

if they knew who they were why are they doing dna tests for. secondly is it not disres[ectful to keep the families of these people waiting for so long to give them individual burials.

why the hell have the roc waited over 4 decades to do this. why now.


Maybe they had to wait for people to die out.

Seems plausible as all other countries do the same before they open secret files.

bullshit and you know it. people have closure once they bury their dead and morn them. groc have denied the families the ability to mourn and have closure for 41 years. it is bullshit and you know it.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby Paphitis » Fri May 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Nikitas wrote:Father Tsestos, the priest who carried out the graveside services for the people put in mass graves during the coup gave many interviews, all on record, about those days. These people were not unidentified. Cyprus is far too small to have unidentified people. We know who they were. We know how their remains were delivered to the cemetery and by who. These people were not in the list of missing persons. Do not flatter yourself that you discovered some big scandal.

What we do not know is who gave the orders to use deadly force during the coup and why. It is no coincidence that both "mother countries" terrorised the population, each in her own way, in the summer of 1974.

if they knew who they were why are they doing dna tests for. secondly is it not disres[ectful to keep the families of these people waiting for so long to give them individual burials.

why the hell have the roc waited over 4 decades to do this. why now.


Maybe they had to wait for people to die out.

Seems plausible as all other countries do the same before they open secret files.

bullshit and you know it. people have closure once they bury their dead and morn them. groc have denied the families the ability to mourn and have closure for 41 years. it is bullshit and you know it.


Put up or shut up!

You know the identities, now check them on the missing list like a good little boy and stop making things up you silly boy!

Every country has secret files which are never opened for years because let's not forget that Makarios granted pardons to all involved. That's why you imbecile!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby Mustiejodu » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:24 am

Lordo wrote:if they knew there were 24 people buried in a cemetery including a child with witnesses, why on earth did roc wait 41 years to dig them up and identify them. presumably they will now reduce the number missing by 24.


http://cyprus-mail.com/2015/04/28/remains-of-1974-coup-victims-exhumed/



Sorry Lordo I missed this one . Where were they exhumed ? Which village ? Do you think they were gathered from other village and killed ? I know you don't know the answers but I am intrigued . My heart goes out to those that have survived and don't know what happened to their relatives which ever TC or GC . ITs horrible. DO YOU ALL SEE HOW HORRIBLE WAR IS AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH SUCH EXTREM VIEWS THAT THEY NO LONGER SEE YOU AS HUMAN BUT JUST LESS THAN ANIMALS AND IN THE THE RIGHT CONDITIONS FOR THEM THEY WILL DO THE UNTHINKABLE. I PERSONSLLY THINK ANY PERSON WITH EXTREMIST VIEWS SHOULD BE LOCKED UP BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT IF THERE WAS PROBLEMS THESE ARE THE VERY PEOPLE THAT WOULD POTENTIALLY COMMIT THE UNTHINKABLE. Extremists come from outside like isis mentality type of people hence why in the uk any person proven to promote these extreme views are potential terrorists and if found guilty would feel the full force of the law. DO THE SAME IN CYPRUS AND YOU WILL CONTROL THE DANGEROUS ELEMENTS LIKE B25 or GET REAL S OF THIS WORLD
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby B25 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:28 am

Mustiejodu wrote:
Lordo wrote:if they knew there were 24 people buried in a cemetery including a child with witnesses, why on earth did roc wait 41 years to dig them up and identify them. presumably they will now reduce the number missing by 24.


http://cyprus-mail.com/2015/04/28/remains-of-1974-coup-victims-exhumed/



Sorry Lordo I missed this one . Where were they exhumed ? Which village ? Do you think they were gathered from other village and killed ? I know you don't know the answers but I am intrigued . My heart goes out to those that have survived and don't know what happened to their relatives which ever TC or GC . ITs horrible. DO YOU ALL SEE HOW HORRIBLE WAR IS AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH SUCH EXTREM VIEWS THAT THEY NO LONGER SEE YOU AS HUMAN BUT JUST LESS THAN ANIMALS AND IN THE THE RIGHT CONDITIONS FOR THEM THEY WILL DO THE UNTHINKABLE. I PERSONSLLY THINK ANY PERSON WITH EXTREMIST VIEWS SHOULD BE LOCKED UP BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT IF THERE WAS PROBLEMS THESE ARE THE VERY PEOPLE THAT WOULD POTENTIALLY COMMIT THE UNTHINKABLE. Extremists come from outside like isis mentality type of people hence why in the uk any person proven to promote these extreme views are potential terrorists and if found guilty would feel the full force of the law. DO THE SAME IN CYPRUS AND YOU WILL CONTROL THE DANGEROUS ELEMENTS LIKE B25 or GET REAL S OF THIS WORLD


:lol: :lol: :lol: you are so funny, you must be a stand up comedien :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby Lordo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:38 am

Mustiejodu wrote:
Lordo wrote:if they knew there were 24 people buried in a cemetery including a child with witnesses, why on earth did roc wait 41 years to dig them up and identify them. presumably they will now reduce the number missing by 24.


http://cyprus-mail.com/2015/04/28/remains-of-1974-coup-victims-exhumed/



Sorry Lordo I missed this one . Where were they exhumed ? Which village ? Do you think they were gathered from other village and killed ? I know you don't know the answers but I am intrigued . My heart goes out to those that have survived and don't know what happened to their relatives which ever TC or GC . ITs horrible. DO YOU ALL SEE HOW HORRIBLE WAR IS AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH SUCH EXTREM VIEWS THAT THEY NO LONGER SEE YOU AS HUMAN BUT JUST LESS THAN ANIMALS AND IN THE THE RIGHT CONDITIONS FOR THEM THEY WILL DO THE UNTHINKABLE. I PERSONSLLY THINK ANY PERSON WITH EXTREMIST VIEWS SHOULD BE LOCKED UP BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT IF THERE WAS PROBLEMS THESE ARE THE VERY PEOPLE THAT WOULD POTENTIALLY COMMIT THE UNTHINKABLE. Extremists come from outside like isis mentality type of people hence why in the uk any person proven to promote these extreme views are potential terrorists and if found guilty would feel the full force of the law. DO THE SAME IN CYPRUS AND YOU WILL CONTROL THE DANGEROUS ELEMENTS LIKE B25 or GET REAL S OF THIS WORLD

unfortunately i refuse to learn the greek alphabet. they should use the latin letters everybody else is using. all i know is that they were discovered in a mass grave south of the green line. added to the fact that they were not put on the missing lists suggests that they were killed by eoka just before the 20th of july 1974. but as you can see there has been no help to identify where these people were found and where they were from originally. more to the point how did the government keep this a secret for so long from the public.
as to the b25s and the get reals of this world we have nothing to fear from. they are only keyboard warriors, they dont have the balls to start anything. even if they did they will a mile from trouble in the opposite direction.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:10 pm

Nikitas wrote:Father Tsestos, the priest who carried out the graveside services for the people put in mass graves during the coup gave many interviews, all on record, about those days. These people were not unidentified. Cyprus is far too small to have unidentified people. We know who they were. We know how their remains were delivered to the cemetery and by who. These people were not in the list of missing persons. Do not flatter yourself that you discovered some big scandal.

What we do not know is who gave the orders to use deadly force during the coup and why. It is no coincidence that both "mother countries" terrorised the population, each in her own way, in the summer of 1974.


...rereading the topic, i found this post something worth remembering.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby Lordo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:23 pm

so who were these people that were dug up which were not on the missing lists and as far as i am aware they were not on killed lists either. there names were not listed.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Lordo wrote:so who were these people that were dug up which were not on the missing lists and as far as i am aware they were not on killed lists either. there names were not listed.


Can you please give us an original source to this story as you are usually unable to accurately comprehend what you read.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: remains of 1974 coup victims exhumed

Postby Lordo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:06 am

is that right now. did you not read the first post. there is a link there for the news item.

AUTHORITIES on Monday started exhuming the unidentified remains of people killed during the July 1974 coup from a mass grave at a Nicosia cemetery.

It is believed that 24 people were buried in the grave at the Constantinou and Elenis cemetery, but the remains were never identified.

and we have people here telling us that everybody knew who these people were. you people are just beyond belief.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests