The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


A little look back at Cyprus history

Cinema, theater, music etc.

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby B25 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:26 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:
B25 wrote:Typical Turkish hypocrisy.

Why not look in your own back yard like Mustidojo, thats wants to kill us all, Bigoz, that wants to meetup in Larnaca to beat us all up, Lordo that thinks we desrve all we got including the raping amd murdering of young girls and women or VP who doesn't want Greek spoke near his kids.

In short go F yourself, get your own in order first before to throw stones.

As for the 2 British pricks here they know who they are, their comments are worthless, perhaps they should just F.O back to their own countries and spread their shit there.

And if it is any consolation there are many more like the names listed above, the few traitors here are just that, may they rot in hell.

BBF = disguised partition, is racist, apartheid, unfair, unworkable and legitimises the invasion. The 12% TCs just want to keep what they stole, period.

Have a nice F day.

I would say get fucked to you but I would not like the idea of you enjoying yourself. I would not piss on you if you were on fire.


Why are you even in Cyprus??? Your own country not good enough for you ??? yet you come here to rub our faces in your colonial BS. I'd piss on you mate, after I set you on fire.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6068
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue May 12, 2015 4:32 pm

To try and cheer people up a bit, here is the type of bus ticket now being issued in the government controlled part of Cyprus:

Image

You will notice that it is in Greek and English only. Looks like a victory in the cause of the Turkish language being erased. So, take heart from this; the campaign against Ataturk's evil invention is gradually winning!
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue May 12, 2015 4:39 pm

B25 wrote:Why are you even in Cyprus??? Your own country not good enough for you ??? yet you come here to rub our faces in your colonial BS. I'd piss on you mate, after I set you on fire.


Just as a matter of curiosity, could you tell me which statement by supporttheunderdog you consider to be colonial BS. I can see nothing that he has said on this thread that even remotely warrants that description. (Just asking - I know you will only answer with another torrent of abuse, which simply shows your lack of intelligence.)
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby B25 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:To try and cheer people up a bit, here is the type of bus ticket now being issued in the government controlled part of Cyprus:

Image

You will notice that it is in Greek and English only. Looks like a victory in the cause of the Turkish language being erased. So, take heart from this; the campaign against Ataturk's evil invention is gradually winning!


Complete nonsense, this is a ticket produced by a private company for citizens of the RoC and adds English out of courtesy.

They don't expect many Turks to ride the busses. Go to any government building and the signs are trigingual, forms the same. Gods only knows why we cater for these people considering they have changed EVERY GREEK place name in the north to Turkish and you have the audacity to give an example. Shish!

The biggest single mistake the RoC ever made is not in '74, but in '85 when they allowed the crossing points to open this side. There is no gain for the TCs they can get all they want without any solution, the only real reason they are, or some appear to want it, is they are suffocating under the Anatolian Gypsies their saviour brought them.

Try again Tim.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6068
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby B25 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:45 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
B25 wrote:Why are you even in Cyprus??? Your own country not good enough for you ??? yet you come here to rub our faces in your colonial BS. I'd piss on you mate, after I set you on fire.


Just as a matter of curiosity, could you tell me which statement by supporttheunderdog you consider to be colonial BS. I can see nothing that he has said on this thread that even remotely warrants that description. (Just asking - I know you will only answer with another torrent of abuse, which simply shows your lack of intelligence.)


Not that you deserve my time, but I will just entertain you on this one. I am not referring to this particular thread but many others he writes, the connotations are there, especially when he refers to EOKA freedom fighters a terrorists like all the British scum do. He lives in our country and craps on us even to our faces. he does not deserve any civility. And he gets none.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6068
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue May 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Can anybody explain what this is all about?

It is a fact that Paragraph 1 of Article 3 of the constitution of the Republic of Cyprus reads:

“The official languages of the Republic are Greek and Turkish.”

Therefore, it is a fact that currently Turkish is one of the official languages of the republic. The argument some people wish to make is, presumably, that Turkish should no longer be an official language of the republic. This to my mind is nonsense, given that there are clearly Greek speaking and Turkish speaking communities on the island, and especially so when we consider that the proposed settlement on the table is for a federal state presumably to consist of two statelets, one Greek speaking and one Turkish speaking. That is how it seems to me. If others wish to argue that Turkish should be eliminated as an official language, could they possibly advance some rational arguments in favour of this, rather than simply engaging in abuse? Surely this will make for a more satisfying debate. Thank you.

PS - If you don’t want to debate with a foreigner living in Cyprus, please ignore the above.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue May 12, 2015 5:00 pm

B25 wrote:... he refers to EOKA freedom fighters a terrorists like all the British scum do.


I am British and I have never done that. Why not address the arguments rather than indulging in crass stereotyping?
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue May 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Tim, the argument is that Turkish was enforced into the Constitution as it was drawn up by the Imperialist British who wanted to sow division.

Not many are happy with everything in that Constitution - except perhaps the Turks who gain an advantage and Brits who drew it up.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue May 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Arguably, a better way to sow division would have been to deny recognition to the language of one of the island's main communities and that community would have had a grievance from the outset.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: A little look back at Cyprus history

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue May 12, 2015 5:24 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Tim, the argument is that Turkish was enforced into the Constitution as it was drawn up by the Imperialist British who wanted to sow division.

Not many are happy with everything in that Constitution - except perhaps the Turks who gain an advantage and Brits who drew it up.


The fact that we are Cypriots and we are happy cancels your argument right out. Can you put a number on the "many" that are "not happy"?
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests