The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Slaughterhouses

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Slaughterhouses

Postby myaghi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:33 am

hello

Does any one know how the animals are being killed in larnaca slaughterhouse ? Electric shocks or by slaughtering the throat ?
myaghi
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:42 am

Re: Slaughterhouses

Postby tsukoui » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:22 pm

I'm using 1 dice instead of knucklebones, but I'm told birds are teleported to heaven...
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Slaughterhouses

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:39 pm

tsukoui wrote:I'm using 1 dice instead of knucklebones, but I'm told birds are teleported to heaven...

Not that your post makes sense :lol: but instead of "1 dice" you should use "a die".
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Slaughterhouses

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:23 pm

myaghi wrote:hello

Does any one know how the animals are being killed in larnaca slaughterhouse ? Electric shocks or by slaughtering the throat ?


Last I heard, they are stunned according to EU guidelines.

Some European countries (Britain especially) are ignoring some of the guidelines so that halal and kosher killings can occur despite the severe suffering these medieval methods cause to the poor animals.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Slaughterhouses

Postby Lordo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:57 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
myaghi wrote:hello

Does any one know how the animals are being killed in larnaca slaughterhouse ? Electric shocks or by slaughtering the throat ?


Last I heard, they are stunned according to EU guidelines.

Some European countries (Britain especially) are ignoring some of the guidelines so that halal and kosher killings can occur despite the severe suffering these medieval methods cause to the poor animals.

if you want to eat the diseased blood of an animal you are welcome to it my dear.

mine will be medium no blood. thanks.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Slaughterhouses

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Lordo wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
myaghi wrote:hello

Does any one know how the animals are being killed in larnaca slaughterhouse ? Electric shocks or by slaughtering the throat ?


Last I heard, they are stunned according to EU guidelines.

Some European countries (Britain especially) are ignoring some of the guidelines so that halal and kosher killings can occur despite the severe suffering these medieval methods cause to the poor animals.

if you want to eat the diseased blood of an animal you are welcome to it my dear.

mine will be medium no blood. thanks.


The blood would be no more diseased than the flesh. If the blood is diseased, then so is the flesh. So, why eat the flesh if you think the blood is diseased? Oh, I know! You're a hypocrite and rather stupid!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Slaughterhouses

Postby Lordo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:33 am

your life must be hell to have so much poison in you.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Slaughterhouses

Postby tsukoui » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:45 am

Lordo wrote:your life must be hell to have so much poison in you.

tobacco is an entheogen... it is a combination of the two elements wind and fire... fire is used to break things down... what is wind used for?
tsukoui
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Slaughterhouses

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:48 am

...porcupine is nice, raw and bloody; of course domestic animals are drained of blood, to be tender, not just edible.

frankly, cruelty should not be part of the equation, anyone who works with these animals have an intention, if it is to get the best meat possible, they will not be cruel.

welcome myaghi, why do you ask?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Slaughterhouses

Postby myaghi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Regardless of other guests remarks and calling others names , I am a from jordan and I am a Muslim so I can only eat slaughtered goats,sheaps, cows or chickens . That's why I am asking to know the source of the meat to decide if I can eat them in restaurants here or know . Thanks repulswarrior
myaghi
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:42 am

Next

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests