The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cyprus

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby bill cobbett » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:54 am

The hottest of lukewarm news from the Zizzirro News Agency...

Another mega-mosque being built, presumably for the new majority population in the Occupied Areas, the Illegal Settlers.

Don't we all just love them.

Ali Egbert.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
bill cobbett
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15760
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:20 pm
Location: Embargoed from Kyrenia by Jurkish Army and Genocided (many times) by Thieving, Brain-Washed Lordo

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby Lordo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:41 am

User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:15 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:Respect the fact that it is our resistance to ENOSIS that kept the ROC in tact.


Nikitas wrote:"the ones that fought for Cyprus "

No you did not. You did nothing to help the GCs who fought against the coup.



Just in case you missed Nikitas' comment. :)

74 was a different ball game. By the time we said oh banaiyamou Mehmet was on our doorstep (well, more your doorstep) and the rest is history. But the undeniable fact is if it wasn't for the TC's Cyprus would not exist.


...if it wasn't for Makarios, there would be no Cyprus.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby Lordo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:46 pm

come on rw of course there would have been a cyprus with or without the old goat. how many territories have remained in the brutish empire.

he single handedly destroyed the republic through his greed. nothing was ever enough. what ever he got he put to one side and wanted more and took the negotiations to the edge of a cliff believing the other side would stop him from jumping like the games he played with the priest in the monastery. thats not me saying that was said by his personal assistant during the 59 negotiations.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:27 am

...whatever you may say about his Faith, or his "Greekness", he lived, as a Cypriot, many times he was to die, as a Cypriot, and he died, as a Cypriot.

(I wish this could be said of Denktash)
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby Nikitas » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Right on RW!

I do not regard myself as a Makarios supporter but I got to say the man was Cypriot to the core. Even Denktash in interviews he gave to the BBC and other media could not hide his envy of Makarios single minded commitment to what he saw as his goal.

No one resisted the Greek junta more than Makarios out of sheer democratic conviction.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby Lordo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:47 pm

and yet he did not sign the agreement in 1973 becasue it excluded enosis. you guys don't really understand what went on when magarios was around.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:31 am

...did the Americans have to promise the British that they would not join Germany (after all, anthropologically they are "Germans")? In essence you base your argument on this premise.

And what of Turkey, and her own designs, whether Cyprus, or should i say Cypriots as Greeks because as Greeks they represent the overwhelming percentage of the population, agreed to such a condition or not, Turkey realised her intentions in any case, and likely would have regardless. As "Greeks" i suppose it made the task that much easier, to split the island, i mean think about it, if Cypriots stated, as "Greeks" that they would never join "Greece", the fanatics on both sides of this so called divide would have had a field day, they would by definition be, "Greeks", and "Turks", Cypriot or not. Frankly, i think it would have been worse, it would likely have provoked a war (NATO or not) between Greece and Turkey themselves, not just the proxy war that these countries had the pleasure to enjoy outside their own countries, in Cyprus.

...everyone would be happy if "they" agreed, "Turks" exist, and if you are "Greek" you are not allowed to be, eh? (But the Cypriots, since it is (and was) only they that wish to keep the island whole did not agree.)
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby Nikitas » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:43 pm

Incidentally 1973 was the year of the third attempt on Makarios life by the Greek junta because he was anti Enosis.

You, like many mainland Greeks, have trouble understanding Makarios. The key is that the guy was a Greek Orthodox monk.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: TCypriots see Turk settlers as biggest obstacle to Cypru

Postby Lordo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Nikitas wrote:Incidentally 1973 was the year of the third attempt on Makarios life by the Greek junta because he was anti Enosis.

You, like many mainland Greeks, have trouble understanding Makarios. The key is that the guy was a Greek Orthodox monk.

thats bull and you know it. magarios never said once he was against enosis. it seems you do not understand the difference between magarios enosis and eoga enosis. let me educate you.
magarios planned to ethnically cleanse Cyprus via economic strangulation even if it took a few more decades.
eoga wanted it at the time facilitated by a military win. they believed that if they crush a few tc villages the rest of the tcs would either leave or accept enosis. incidently that was the same policy grivas had in 1963. if it did not work in 63 why would it work in 74. some peobol are exceptionally thick.

you boys are so ignroant of your own history, what the hell do they teach you at school ffs
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests