The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


visas for ukraine fiancee

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

visas for ukraine fiancee

Postby southernboy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi looking for help, im new my name is Robin.
Im hoping to move to Cyprus in Sept. Im british but my partner
Is Ukrainian, so has no bank account or savings I will
Be paying her keep, is there anyway she will get a visa.
Help help please Robin
southernboy
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:10 am

Re: visas for ukraine fiancee

Postby Sotos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:30 pm

If by "partner" you mean your wife, then she can get a visa for Cyprus with no problem since she is married to an EU citizen. No need for her have a separate bank account or savings.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10663
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: visas for ukraine fiancee

Postby southernboy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:55 pm

No we are not married, she is just my Fiancee!!! Who is Ukrainian.
southernboy
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:10 am

Re: visas for ukraine fiancee

Postby Sotos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:05 pm

In that case you should marry her ;) Otherwise the same rules will apply to her as they apply to all 3rd country nationals (non-Cypriot, non-EU) and it will be very difficult to get a long term visa. She can get tourist visa which she can extend up to 90 days, but then she will have to leave (she can return later). To get a long term visa she will have to (a) invest 100s of thousands in Cyprus (I assume this is not an option), (b) Get a work permit (very difficult, most companies will not bother unless she has skills that they need and they can't find in any Cypriot/ EU citizen or their spouses), (c) Enroll in a university/college (easy, but it will cost money). If you are already engaged then getting married is really the easiest and cheapest option.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10663
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: visas for ukraine fiancee

Postby Get Real! » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:14 pm

southernboy wrote:No we are not married, she is just my Fiancee!!! Who is Ukrainian.

She must be a looker or you wouldn't be paying jackshit for her!

Let's face it... :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: visas for ukraine fiancee

Postby Tim Drayton » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Sotos wrote: ...(b) Get a work permit (very difficult, most companies will not bother unless she has skills that they need and they can't find in any Cypriot/ EU citizen or their spouses) ...


Perhaps, but then again there are some Ukranian nationals working in Cyprus in menial and low-paid jobs (I know of one who works behind the counter at a bakers').
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: visas for ukraine fiancee

Postby Sotos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
Sotos wrote: ...(b) Get a work permit (very difficult, most companies will not bother unless she has skills that they need and they can't find in any Cypriot/ EU citizen or their spouses) ...


Perhaps, but then again there are some Ukranian nationals working in Cyprus in menial and low-paid jobs (I know of one who works behind the counter at a bakers').


Maybe she is married to a Cypriot/EU citizen? Maybe an asylum seeker? Maybe working illegally? Maybe part time enrolled in a college? I doubt that they would give a work permit for something like that.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10663
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: visas for ukraine fiancee

Postby Tim Drayton » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Sotos wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
Sotos wrote: ...(b) Get a work permit (very difficult, most companies will not bother unless she has skills that they need and they can't find in any Cypriot/ EU citizen or their spouses) ...


Perhaps, but then again there are some Ukranian nationals working in Cyprus in menial and low-paid jobs (I know of one who works behind the counter at a bakers').


Maybe she is married to a Cypriot/EU citizen? Maybe an asylum seeker? Maybe working illegally? Maybe part time enrolled in a college? I doubt that they would give a work permit for something like that.


I am no expert in the matter.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: visas for ukraine fiancee

Postby SKI-preo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:54 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY[/youtube]
User avatar
SKI-preo
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 am
Location: New Zealand/Australia


Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests