The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Football, Basketball, F1 etc.

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Cap » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Highlights.
A bit of Nuno Assiz magic right at the end.....

User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6787
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Cap wrote:Highlights.
A bit of Nuno Assiz magic right at the end.....

Omonia raped their defense all night pretty bad… they’ll do the same to Brondby.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40376
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Zenon33 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:24 pm

Get Real! wrote:Fixture Update:
---------------------------------

28 Jul: Midtjylland (Den) vs APOEL Nicosia

30 Jul: Gabala (Azer) vs Apollon Limassol

30 Jul: Brøndby (Den) vs Omonia Nicosia

30 Jul: Bordeaux (Fr) vs AEK Larnaca


Bad luck to Denmark this year... now they're gonna lose two teams from the tournaments! :lol:



To be honest, only Apollon is in a good situation. Not easy for Apoel and Omonia and very, very difficult for AEK.
Go Cyprus teams!!.
User avatar
Zenon33
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:49 pm
Location: Limassol, Cyprus

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:13 pm

Zenon33 wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Fixture Update:
---------------------------------

28 Jul: Midtjylland (Den) vs APOEL Nicosia

30 Jul: Gabala (Azer) vs Apollon Limassol

30 Jul: Brøndby (Den) vs Omonia Nicosia

30 Jul: Bordeaux (Fr) vs AEK Larnaca


Bad luck to Denmark this year... now they're gonna lose two teams from the tournaments! :lol:



To be honest, only Apollon is in a good situation. Not easy for Apoel and Omonia and very, very difficult for AEK.
Go Cyprus teams!!.

With the exception of Bordeaux I don’t see a problem:

League rankings:

Cyprus 18th/54
Denmark 24th/54.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/ ... s/country/

Club rankings:

42 FC Bordeaux
61 APOEL FC
161 AC Omonia
184 Apollon Limassol
185 AEK Larnaca
193 Brøndby IF
228 FC Midtjylland
??? Gabala

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/ ... index.html

I see absolutely no reason why 3 of our teams should not destroy their opponents and advance to the next round.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40376
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Sotos » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:45 pm



How come England participates with 8 teams while Germany and even Spain with just 7??? And then also Scotland, Wales and North Ireland participate with 4 teams each. And now it is also Gibraltar with 2 teams! So the UK has 22 teams in the European Cups! WTF?? :?
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Sotos wrote:


How come England participates with 8 teams while Germany and even Spain with just 7??? And then also Scotland, Wales and North Ireland participate with 4 teams each. And now it is also Gibraltar with 2 teams! So the UK has 22 teams in the European Cups! WTF?? :?

Yeah they're full of shit.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40376
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:23 pm

The club rankings I posted earlier were for 2013/14 so here are the latest for 2014/15

52 APOEL FC
80 FC Bordeaux
154 Apollon Limassol
161 AC Omonia
166 AEK Larnaca
187 FC Midtjylland
256 Brøndby IF
??? Gabala

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/ ... index.html
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40376
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Get Real! wrote:The club rankings I posted earlier were for 2013/14 so here are the latest for 2014/15

52 APOEL FC
80 FC Bordeaux
154 Apollon Limassol
161 AC Omonia
166 AEK Larnaca
187 FC Midtjylland
256 Brøndby IF
??? Gabala

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/ ... index.html


These rankings are full of shit. There is no way Bordeaux is weaker than Apoel and there is no way Apoel are ranked 50th in all of Europe.

The way they do their calculations is flawed.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Paphitis wrote:These rankings are full of shit. There is no way Bordeaux is weaker than Apoel and there is no way Apoel are ranked 50th in all of Europe.

The way they do their calculations is flawed.


See our failure to success rate against French teams:

2011–12 Champions League: APOEL VS Lyon 1–0 (aet) 0–1 1–1 (4–3 p)

2012–13 UEFA Europa League: AEL vs Marseille 1–5 3–0

2013–14 Europa League: Bordeaux vs APOEL 2–1 1–2

2014–15 Champions League: PSG vs APOEL 1–0 1–0

2013–14 UEFA Europa League: Apollon vs Nice 2–0 0–1 2–1


CLUB WORLD RANKINGS 2014

#37 APOEL FC, Nicosía

http://www.iffhs.de/club-world-ranking-2014/


Still need more evidence?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40376
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: 2015–16 UEFA Tournaments

Postby Cap » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Just for the record.

APOEL 3 places above Liverpool. :P

Image
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6787
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

PreviousNext

Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests