The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


O X I !!!

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: O X I !!!

Postby Oceanside50 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Cap wrote:
It's right up there with negroes having natural rhythm.


:lol:
You'll be surprised though.

And yes, Greek immigrants or 2nd or 3rd generation Greeks do make up a significant percentage of the scientific contribution globally.
But it's almost never officially credited as 'Greek' since the institutions they work for are almost always foreign.
It's bizarre I know, do some research.

I'll agree, that little to nothing ever comes out of Greece directly.


its the weird Greek wave ..

http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero ... eek-cinema

Like Emma Donoghue's novel “Room”, “Dogtooth” was an attempt to imagine the daily existence of a family kept captive by a psychopathic father. It studies how the children's minds are warped by confinement, and how the underlying horror of their situation begins to manifest itself in violent games and disturbing conversations. Despite its subject matter, “Dogtooth” retains a sense of dark humour. One of the daughters of the family accidentally discovers some rental videos, which means her first glimpses of the outside world come via “Jaws”, “Rocky” and “Flashdance”.

Read more at http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero ... 0VtVF2U.99
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: O X I !!!

Postby Pyrpolizer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Oceanside50 wrote:
Cap wrote:
It's right up there with negroes having natural rhythm.


:lol:
You'll be surprised though.

And yes, Greek immigrants or 2nd or 3rd generation Greeks do make up a significant percentage of the scientific contribution globally.
But it's almost never officially credited as 'Greek' since the institutions they work for are almost always foreign.
It's bizarre I know, do some research.

I'll agree, that little to nothing ever comes out of Greece directly.


its the weird Greek wave ..

http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero ... eek-cinema

Like Emma Donoghue's novel “Room”, “Dogtooth” was an attempt to imagine the daily existence of a family kept captive by a psychopathic father. It studies how the children's minds are warped by confinement, and how the underlying horror of their situation begins to manifest itself in violent games and disturbing conversations. Despite its subject matter, “Dogtooth” retains a sense of dark humour. One of the daughters of the family accidentally discovers some rental videos, which means her first glimpses of the outside world come via “Jaws”, “Rocky” and “Flashdance”.

Read more at http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero ... 0VtVF2U.99


I 've seen his film "Dogtooth" I must say there is nothing like it, you cannot even categorize it. The issue is completely unique. A shocking film imo.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9087
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: O X I !!!

Postby kurupetos » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:38 am

observer wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
Cap wrote:
observer wrote:Perhaps Greece produced great minds a couple of thousand years ago. Today it seems to produce an amazing number of closed minds.


There are still some great minds being produced.... in other countries.
They only become evident in foreign Anglo countries which are more meritocratic.. (USA, Britain, Australia, Canada) and a few in Europe (Germany, France)

Any Greek with any potential leaves Greece. That place is hijacked by the corrupt elite, where excellence and innovation is not rewarded but frowned upon.
Where the indoctrinated masses still live in the 1970's and every 92 average IQ citizen still bears the cross of Che Guevara.

Indeed, the treasonous leftist propaganga is still the biggest problem in Greece today. The only hope for Hellenism is GD. :wink:


The only hope for us all is that Hellenism and the cruder forms of nationalism like it fade gently into history.

That is correct, TURK! :lol:

However you will end up having your *rse kicked all the way to Ulanbator. :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: O X I !!!

Postby observer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:57 am

I think that you've just proved my point
observer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:21 am

Re: O X I !!!

Postby kurupetos » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:00 pm

observer wrote:I think that you've just proved my point

Of course I did, TURK! :roll: Now be happy and sod off! :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: O X I !!!

Postby Paphitis » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:29 pm

kurupetos wrote:
observer wrote:I think that you've just proved my point

Of course I did, TURK! :roll: Now be happy and sod off! :mrgreen:


Oh shut the fuck up. You're an embarrassment.

Keep that shit out of the political threads because it undermines EVERYTHING! :roll:

Use your brain and play the ball next time. The law is on our side so countering the Turkish Argument is EASY.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: O X I !!!

Postby observer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:53 pm

thank you Paphitis. There may be things we disagree on, but regarding kurupetos I'm right here with you.
observer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:21 am

Re: O X I !!!

Postby kurupetos » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:35 am

observer wrote:thank you Paphitis. There may be things we disagree on, but regarding kurupetos I'm right here with you.

You are both foreigners. :roll: Take a TA flight and F*CK OFF to Ulanbator! :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17936
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: O X I !!!

Postby Paphitis » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:07 pm

CBBB wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
A Government prints note and coin ....all governments that is, that have a sovereign currency, This is 2% created by Government from nothing just like that created electronically by the banks (97-98%) but there is one significant difference! Government money is spent into the economy by government and, as it is not borrowed, there is no debt created, no repayment and no interest to pay.


Governments also accumulate wealth like citizens do. When too many citizens choose to put their wealth into the money flow/chain the Government needs to print some tiny portion of new money to facilitate everyday transactions.Hence the Govent does exactly the same as the citizens do. The difference is that the Government doesn't cash her wealth she just reduces it's value. If she prints new money all the time to cover her expenses then not only the value of her own wealth will drop dramatically she will create a million problems to the value of the wealth accumulated by citizens as well.


You are confusing wealth with money! They are not the same thing. Wealth can be converted to money and money to wealth ..... but that is the only connection. :wink:


..and money doesn't reallly exist, does it ProVox?


Certainly not! :wink:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests