The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby Get Real! » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:23 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:How quickly you forget what Germany did to Cyprus' banks! :roll:

:? You mean what *Greece* did to Cypriot banks! No, I do not forget!

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Anyway, considering what the Germans were demanding, Tsipras did pretty well to secure this deal:

Up to €50bn (£35bn) worth of Greek assets will be transferred to a new fund, which will contribute to the recapitalisation of Greek banks. The fund will be based in Athens, not Luxembourg as the Germans had originally demanded.

So you’re excited that the Greek government has just received a $50 billion obligatory haircut of its assets to recapitalize Greek banks (the key to the fund held by Germany from what I read elsewhere) and you consider that a win for Tsirpas? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40382
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:51 pm

Get Real! wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:How quickly you forget what Germany did to Cyprus' banks! :roll:

:? You mean what *Greece* did to Cypriot banks! No, I do not forget!

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Anyway, considering what the Germans were demanding, Tsipras did pretty well to secure this deal:

Up to €50bn (£35bn) worth of Greek assets will be transferred to a new fund, which will contribute to the recapitalisation of Greek banks. The fund will be based in Athens, not Luxembourg as the Germans had originally demanded.

So you’re excited that the Greek government has just received a $50 billion obligatory haircut of its assets to recapitalize Greek banks (the key to the fund held by Germany from what I read elsewhere) and you consider that a win for Tsirpas? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:


No I am not pleased with the way the EU has been taken over by Germany and its bankers - far from it, as my gripe has been consistent - but I am pleased Tsipras has managed to hold onto the assets in Greece rather than have the Germans move them to Luxembourg as they did with Jewish assets during WW2, never to be seen again!

Nothing is ever 100% good, but it's not 100% bad either - especially considering how afraid everyone is of the Germans.

Certainly Tsipras has exposed the level of dictatorship present in the EU - a fantastic PR exercise, if not so good for Greece. Overall, he has improved the EU and made this side transparent. Certainly he has made Cameron's job easier when he has to face the EU and ask for concessions.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby Cap » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:52 pm

stuck in some mythological fantasy land where all things Greek are wonderful


:lol:

I must admit, our entire Hellenic community was stuck in that fantasy land back when I was growing up in Africa.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby Nikitas » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Man are you off target!!!

You really thought the Germans were going to move the Hellenic Railways and the ports of Piraeus and Thessaloniki to Luxembourg? These are the types of assets administered by TAIPED the authority set up for privatising assets.

Most Greeks have a problem distinguishing between ownership, actual possession and management of an asset.

They cannot fathom how the port management can be handed over to a Chinese company while the ownerships remains in Greek hands. So they spout all kinds of bullshit about a sell out of national property. The same people see nothing wrong with a Greek company taking over the management of a hospital in Bucharest. Arguably the hospital is a more important national asset than the port.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby Sotos » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Arguably the hospital is a more important national asset than the port.


So you think that a hospital in Bucharest is more important than Pireas??
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby erolz66 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:47 pm

Sotos wrote:
Arguably the hospital is a more important national asset than the port.


So you think that a hospital in Bucharest is more important than Pireas??


Are you really that myopic (narrow viewed) that you can not understand the point Nikitas is making ? It is so patently obvious that Nikitas is NOT saying a hospital in Bucharest is more important than Pireas, as it is totally clear what it is he IS actually saying, that the asking on the question by you in the way you do only serves to highlight your own personal mania as far as I am concerned. You do not need to learn how to think outside the box, you just need to learn how to think full stop.

Nikitas - this is the reason why I rarely post in these forums any more. After the years and years I have had seeing attempts at using reason and logic in discussions be relentlessly smashed against the rocks of kind of mania seen above from the likes of GiG and Sotos (who is not quite so bad but seems to want to be as bad as GiG recently), I have simply realised that no only bad can come of such attempts.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby Sotos » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:19 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Arguably the hospital is a more important national asset than the port.


So you think that a hospital in Bucharest is more important than Pireas??


Are you really that myopic (narrow viewed) that you can not understand the point Nikitas is making ? It is so patently obvious that Nikitas is NOT saying a hospital in Bucharest is more important than Pireas, as it is totally clear what it is he IS actually saying, that the asking on the question by you in the way you do only serves to highlight your own personal mania as far as I am concerned. You do not need to learn how to think outside the box, you just need to learn how to think full stop.

Nikitas - this is the reason why I rarely post in these forums any more. After the years and years I have had seeing attempts at using reason and logic in discussions be relentlessly smashed against the rocks of kind of mania seen above from the likes of GiG and Sotos (who is not quite so bad but seems to want to be as bad as GiG recently), I have simply realised that no only bad can come of such attempts.


What are you talking about? :? His argument was clear. I don't know if what he said is true for Greece because I am not following the developments there so closely. So I don't know what exactly is privatized (in which case ownership does change hands) vs what is just managed by a foreign company (which could still be risky in cases of monopolies). I just replied to the SPECIFIC thing I quoted exactly because it was so obviously wrong!!
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Funny how frequently we have erolz come in to post, when a re-vamped troll claiming to be "half GC and half TC" arrives if only to remind us how much he hates GIG and that he could almost hate Sotos as much but being a Turk he cannot hate men as much as he hates women who dare to speak out .... :roll:
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby erolz66 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Sotos wrote: I just replied to the SPECIFIC thing I quoted exactly because it was so obviously wrong!!


That you genuinely appear unable to see the difference between what he actual said and you quote and what you said he said, even though it is there in black and white, just highlights the very point I am making.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Greece debt crisis: Eurozone summit reaches agreement

Postby cypriotnado » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:28 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Funny how frequently we have erolz come in to post, when a re-vamped troll claiming to be "half GC and half TC" arrives if only to remind us how much he hates GIG and that he could almost hate Sotos as much but being a Turk he cannot hate men as much as he hates women who dare to speak out .... :roll:




It's pity not hate. Says it all a grown woman calling herself a girl.

I challenge bigots be they male, female or Greek or Turkish
User avatar
cypriotnado
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests