The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Anything related to the Internet, computers and technology in general.

my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby erolz66 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Got myself one of these about a month ago.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009 ... 1_1&sr=8-1

I think its great. Still having fun playing around with it.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby Jerry » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Very nice but don't fly it in the hunting season. :)
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:41 pm

I bought a cheap R/C heli last year for €40.00 thinking I could use it to scare the stupid pigeons off my rooftop but the damn thing couldn’t even fly past 1.5m so I tossed it!

How high does yours go?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby erolz66 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Get Real! wrote:I bought a cheap R/C heli last year for €40.00 thinking I could use it to scare the stupid pigeons off my rooftop but the damn thing couldn’t even fly past 1.5m so I tossed it!

How high does yours go?


Not really pushed it height wise to be honest. Specs claim range of 100 meter, would guestimate its good for at least 1/2 that.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:50 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Get Real! wrote:I bought a cheap R/C heli last year for €40.00 thinking I could use it to scare the stupid pigeons off my rooftop but the damn thing couldn’t even fly past 1.5m so I tossed it!

How high does yours go?


Not really pushed it height wise to be honest. Specs claim range of 100 meter, would guestimate its good for at least 1/2 that.

The range is how far the signal can travel but the power to weight ratio is what determines altitude.

Please see how high it can go at the next opportunity and get back to me.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby erolz66 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:53 pm

Get Real! wrote:Please see how high it can go at the next opportunity and get back to me.


Hmm - not entirely sure how I would test that. It is very small and light weight and not suitable for outdoor use except in the calmest of conditions wind wise. Ill go and do some 'height testing now' but you probably will just end up loosing or breaking it now.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:56 pm

In that case don't bother... I don't want you losing your toy. I thought it would be meaner than mine... it certainly looks mean but like you said its tiny for indoor use.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby erolz66 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Get Real! wrote:In that case don't bother... I don't want you losing your toy. I thought it would be meaner than mine... it certainly looks mean but like you said its tiny for indoor use.


Well I just tried it flying it as high as I was comfortable with, which I guestimate to be around 25-30 feet, but you can make your guestimate shortly - the video is uploading to youtube as I type this.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby CBBB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Yes, get one GR, then I can come over to Tseri with my air rifle!
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: my latest 'toys for boys' purchase

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:24 pm

CBBB wrote:Yes, get one GR, then I can come over to Tseri with my air rifle!

Well duh! If you’re gonna bring an air rifle you might as well shoot the pigeons! :roll:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Next

Return to Internet, Computers and Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests