The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


SBAs and territory

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby Lordo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Nikitas wrote:You think that the jagged line is a disadvantage to the GCs, you will find it is an equally big disadvantage to all. Those foreign forces you want for security will carry out patrols and inspections along that jagged border, on both sides. Water lines will have to cros the "other" region and if landowners refuse then in which courts and under what regime will there be compulsory purchase orders?

As for Pyla and Pergamos they are both mixed vilalges, so how do you take the initiative to include them in the TC region without asking the GC inhabitants first? Pyla also houses a large repatriated community of ex UK GCs. Along those lines it is just as insulting to include those hundreds of other GC villages in the trunc without asking their inhabitants. But since you showed the way it can be used in other places too.

THe funny thing about the British is their insistence that the Ayios Nikolaos road should have been considered SBA territory linking their Famagusta residences to the Dhekelia base. What they considered a necessity for themselves was disregarded in the Annan plan and they put in a nonsense clause about the right of roads, water lines etc.

how on earth did you conclude that from what i said. read again what i said. the idea is not to disadvantage to anybody but to let max number of people back to their own property under their own administration. As to problems, I am sure if we can over come 50 years of non solution we can overcome compulsory purchase orders as well as other minuscule problems that seems to reside in your mind. you are creating problems where none exists.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby Lordo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Kikapu wrote:Nikitas,

I have a feeling that as soon as there is a permanent settlement in Cyprus, the GCs will want to get rid of the SBA's, pronto, either by legal means or by "bullying" tactics. For this reason alone, assuming the British want to maintain the SBA's in Cyprus, I can't see the British agreeing to hand over the land where the SBA's are just to the GCs. Once again the British will use the "divide & rule" tactics between the TCs and GCs, especially with the Hydrocarbons in the southern coast of island.

Turkey would give her right arm to be able to have any land in the southern part of the island to be part of the north state, in the event that the two states become independent in the future. Turkey will be able to then extend her EEZ claims half way to Egypt to the south and to East and West from that point also. It all depends if the British and Turkey have some unpleasant plans up their sleeves for the RoC after a settlement, much like in ’74.

In my point of view, any BBF settlement needs to be a Federation system much like the USA, Germany and few others with ALL the EU’s principles in place from day one. This will make the north and south states joined at the hip, which neither of the states will be able to go their own separate way without the consent of the other state. If one of the sides do not accept these conditions, to me, that would be a red flag of what's to come in the future, which is the division of the island, by force if necessary.

for once we agree. no state can separate without the permission of the other. as to the sba land, the village lands are all marked. the property should go back to the village it belonged to and to the actual people or their relatives that owned them originally.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby Kikapu » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:Nikitas,

I have a feeling that as soon as there is a permanent settlement in Cyprus, the GCs will want to get rid of the SBA's, pronto, either by legal means or by "bullying" tactics. For this reason alone, assuming the British want to maintain the SBA's in Cyprus, I can't see the British agreeing to hand over the land where the SBA's are just to the GCs. Once again the British will use the "divide & rule" tactics between the TCs and GCs, especially with the Hydrocarbons in the southern coast of island.

Turkey would give her right arm to be able to have any land in the southern part of the island to be part of the north state, in the event that the two states become independent in the future. Turkey will be able to then extend her EEZ claims half way to Egypt to the south and to East and West from that point also. It all depends if the British and Turkey have some unpleasant plans up their sleeves for the RoC after a settlement, much like in ’74.

In my point of view, any BBF settlement needs to be a Federation system much like the USA, Germany and few others with ALL the EU’s principles in place from day one. This will make the north and south states joined at the hip, which neither of the states will be able to go their own separate way without the consent of the other state. If one of the sides do not accept these conditions, to me, that would be a red flag of what's to come in the future, which is the division of the island, by force if necessary.

for once we agree. no state can separate without the permission of the other. as to the sba land, the village lands are all marked. the property should go back to the village it belonged to and to the actual people or their relatives that owned them originally.


I don't have a problem any land of the SBA be given back to the individuals whom ever they may be that belongs to, but any SBA land given back must remain part of the south state.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby Lordo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:Nikitas,

I have a feeling that as soon as there is a permanent settlement in Cyprus, the GCs will want to get rid of the SBA's, pronto, either by legal means or by "bullying" tactics. For this reason alone, assuming the British want to maintain the SBA's in Cyprus, I can't see the British agreeing to hand over the land where the SBA's are just to the GCs. Once again the British will use the "divide & rule" tactics between the TCs and GCs, especially with the Hydrocarbons in the southern coast of island.

Turkey would give her right arm to be able to have any land in the southern part of the island to be part of the north state, in the event that the two states become independent in the future. Turkey will be able to then extend her EEZ claims half way to Egypt to the south and to East and West from that point also. It all depends if the British and Turkey have some unpleasant plans up their sleeves for the RoC after a settlement, much like in ’74.

In my point of view, any BBF settlement needs to be a Federation system much like the USA, Germany and few others with ALL the EU’s principles in place from day one. This will make the north and south states joined at the hip, which neither of the states will be able to go their own separate way without the consent of the other state. If one of the sides do not accept these conditions, to me, that would be a red flag of what's to come in the future, which is the division of the island, by force if necessary.

for once we agree. no state can separate without the permission of the other. as to the sba land, the village lands are all marked. the property should go back to the village it belonged to and to the actual people or their relatives that owned them originally.


I don't have a problem any land of the SBA be given back to the individuals whom ever they may be that belongs to, but any SBA land given back must remain part of the south state.

whats the matter with you, why does it have to be southern state. the state line is there going through these village, why would the dikleya land not be returned to both states.

i grant you any land returned in akrotiri will go the the southern state but to the original owners, if not the survivors of those owners.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby Kikapu » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:50 pm

Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:Nikitas,

I have a feeling that as soon as there is a permanent settlement in Cyprus, the GCs will want to get rid of the SBA's, pronto, either by legal means or by "bullying" tactics. For this reason alone, assuming the British want to maintain the SBA's in Cyprus, I can't see the British agreeing to hand over the land where the SBA's are just to the GCs. Once again the British will use the "divide & rule" tactics between the TCs and GCs, especially with the Hydrocarbons in the southern coast of island.

Turkey would give her right arm to be able to have any land in the southern part of the island to be part of the north state, in the event that the two states become independent in the future. Turkey will be able to then extend her EEZ claims half way to Egypt to the south and to East and West from that point also. It all depends if the British and Turkey have some unpleasant plans up their sleeves for the RoC after a settlement, much like in ’74.

In my point of view, any BBF settlement needs to be a Federation system much like the USA, Germany and few others with ALL the EU’s principles in place from day one. This will make the north and south states joined at the hip, which neither of the states will be able to go their own separate way without the consent of the other state. If one of the sides do not accept these conditions, to me, that would be a red flag of what's to come in the future, which is the division of the island, by force if necessary.

for once we agree. no state can separate without the permission of the other. as to the sba land, the village lands are all marked. the property should go back to the village it belonged to and to the actual people or their relatives that owned them originally.


I don't have a problem any land of the SBA be given back to the individuals whom ever they may be that belongs to, but any SBA land given back must remain part of the south state.

whats the matter with you, why does it have to be southern state. the state line is there going through these village, why would the dikleya land not be returned to both states.

i grant you any land returned in akrotiri will go the the southern state but to the original owners, if not the survivors of those owners.


And how far the north's state line would be from the southern coast of Cyprus if the north state also took part of the Dikleya land, or are you suggesting that the north's state line should go all the way to the southern coast of Cyprus and split the southern state into 2 parts?
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby boulio » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:55 pm

boulio
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:45 am

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby Maximus » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Lordo wrote:for once we agree. no state can separate without the permission of the other. as to the sba land, the village lands are all marked. the property should go back to the village it belonged to and to the actual people or their relatives that owned them originally.


The same thing should happen with all land stolen north of the green line. It should go back to the village and to the actual people or their relatives that owned then originally. The thieves and squatters that currently occupy should accept this and remove themselves from the problem so there can be a just and fair solution.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby Lordo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:00 pm

of course not. the state line start from the south of terggish sector of famagusta and meanders around the gc sector which will be returned into pile and back up again and into pergama and back again all the way to ercan and then it meanders to pick up ercan and akincilar and back up to the magusa highway. but certainly the gc state will be split into two if they include any part of karpaz and what exactly is wrong with that. if they are uncomfortable driving across state line to get there perhaps they can build a tunnel to get there. that is entirely up to them. but if the gcs prefer a straight line with the old magusa lefkosa road i am sure akinci will be glad to exchange land on current values of course subject to tcs who wish to remain part of the southern administration and the gcs who wish to remain in the northern administration are allowed to do so.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby Maximus » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Lordo wrote:of course not. the state line start from the south of terggish sector of famagusta and meanders around the gc sector which will be returned into pile and back up again and into pergama and back again all the way to ercan and then it meanders to pick up ercan and akincilar and back up to the magusa highway. but certainly the gc state will be split into two if they include any part of karpaz and what exactly is wrong with that. if they are uncomfortable driving across state line to get there perhaps they can build a tunnel to get there. that is entirely up to them. but if the gcs prefer a straight line with the old magusa lefkosa road i am sure akinci will be glad to exchange land on current values of course subject to tcs who wish to remain part of the southern administration and the gcs who wish to remain in the northern administration are allowed to do so.


Your not sane, seriously. The puke you write here is unbelievable.

Nothing like this will every be agreed on.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: SBAs and territory

Postby Lordo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:03 pm


you se kikapu it was done fairly here in 2004. each to their own.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests