The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Windows 10

Anything related to the Internet, computers and technology in general.

Re: Windows 10

Postby kurupetos » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:07 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Now I'm scared! :?

Not scary, but maybe not worthy to upgrade if you are currently on WIn7. :wink:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Windows 10

Postby Mixcraft » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:06 pm

For me Windows 10 has a few teething problems...but then again it was the same with Windows 7 and the sickly 8.1 update.
I have noticed a few subtle changes, one is that the amount of RAM and Processing power used by the system has gone down alot, before I was using around 2.8-3.0GB of my RAM on just the OS, but with Windows 10 thats gone down to around 1.9, maximum of 2.6, which does have a noticeable effect on applications :D
No need to be afraid of it though, and as for the laptop power that might be your battery or setup either way
And as for edge, thats just IEx under a new name, its terrible so I just deleted all shortcuts and swapped for chrome again

I kind of like Windows 10, I definitely prefer it over Windows 8/.1, but I'd still prefer downgrading back to Win 7 to be honest :)
Mixcraft
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:00 pm

Re: Windows 10

Postby kurupetos » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Mixcraft wrote:For me Windows 10 has a few teething problems...but then again it was the same with Windows 7 and the sickly 8.1 update.
I have noticed a few subtle changes, one is that the amount of RAM and Processing power used by the system has gone down alot, before I was using around 2.8-3.0GB of my RAM on just the OS, but with Windows 10 thats gone down to around 1.9, maximum of 2.6, which does have a noticeable effect on applications :D
No need to be afraid of it though, and as for the laptop power that might be your battery or setup either way
And as for edge, thats just IEx under a new name, its terrible so I just deleted all shortcuts and swapped for chrome again

I kind of like Windows 10, I definitely prefer it over Windows 8/.1, but I'd still prefer downgrading back to Win 7 to be honest :)

Yes, indeed power consumption decreased in the 3rd day. :wink:

I think it kept updating for some time and has also caused some unrest to my antivirus. :lol:

Edge is very different than IE. It seems more similar to the crappy Google Chrome. So far that's the biggest problem with Win10, but one can still use IE.

Note I have never used 8.1... I upgraded from 7.

I expected a bit more, but it's OK since it's free. :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Windows 10

Postby kurupetos » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:45 pm

...and why Cortana doesn't work in my location? :twisted:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Windows 10

Postby Get Real! » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:59 pm

kurupetos wrote:antivirus + IE + Win10

:shock: Your computing life will actually improve if you throw the computer in the bin. :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40429
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Windows 10

Postby Lordo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:34 pm

what happened when you installed windows ce and windows me and windows nt on one machine. you got cement.

if you have win 7 you or win 8.1 and you got used to it, you be crazy to install win 10 which is whythey are giving it away.

but gr is right kurubedo chuck it in the bin and follow it in there you will be at home.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Windows 10

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:44 pm

kurupetos wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Now I'm scared! :?

Not scary, but maybe not worthy to upgrade if you are currently on WIn7. :wink:


I have Windows 7 and I barely use any functions. They've e-mailed me to say I am on the waiting list to download 10. They will let me know when my turn has come. :roll: Gives me time to think, I s'pose.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Windows 10

Postby Paphitis » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:41 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Now I'm scared! :?

Not scary, but maybe not worthy to upgrade if you are currently on WIn7. :wink:


I have Windows 7 and I barely use any functions. They've e-mailed me to say I am on the waiting list to download 10. They will let me know when my turn has come. :roll: Gives me time to think, I s'pose.


Don't think.

Just follow GR's advice to Kurupetos and life will be much more pleasant for you! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Windows 10

Postby kurupetos » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:antivirus + IE + Win10

:shock: Your computing life will actually improve if you throw the computer in the bin. :lol:

I will throw you after the roast.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Windows 10

Postby kurupetos » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Lordo wrote:what happened when you installed windows ce and windows me and windows nt on one machine. you got cement.

if you have win 7 you or win 8.1 and you got used to it, you be crazy to install win 10 which is whythey are giving it away.

but gr is right kurubedo chuck it in the bin and follow it in there you will be at home.

Do you own a computer? :shock: I thought you posted from a Turkish internet cafe!

Image

:lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Internet, Computers and Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests