The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby Lordo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:07 pm

Get Real! wrote:Lordo, why quote the "Treaty of Guarantee" given that it belonged to a constitution that your people declared null and void, abandoned, and replaced (read violated) with the "TRNC constitution" in 1983? :lol:

interesting that you think 1983 deceleration rendered the constitution null and void and yet action was taken in 1974. so does it not apply. if you think you can null and void an agreement all by yourselves you gat another thing coming boys. it can only be removed if all 5 parties that signed it agree. get it.

but actions of your mps on 22nd of july 1965 did not.

What exactly did Clerdies announce on the 23rd of July 1965? you ignorant apes.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby Maximus » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:24 pm

Lordo wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Lordo, why quote the "Treaty of Guarantee" given that it belonged to a constitution that your people declared null and void, abandoned, and replaced (read violated) with the "TRNC constitution" in 1983? :lol:

interesting that you think 1983 deceleration rendered the constitution null and void and yet action was taken in 1974. so does it not apply. if you think you can null and void an agreement all by yourselves you gat another thing coming boys. it can only be removed if all 5 parties that signed it agree. get it.

but actions of your mps on 22nd of july 1965 did not.

What exactly did Clerdies announce on the 23rd of July 1965? you ignorant apes.


Sounds like Turkeys attempt to join the EU,

Agrees and signs up to certain accession criteria, then ignores them completely and tries to run a parallel process all on her own. :lol:

If you was right Bordo, you would not be living in an unrecognized illegal trashcan.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby Lordo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:50 pm

learn your history asshole. what did clerdies say on the 23rd of july 1965. ignorant ape.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Cap wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Cap wrote:Well, at least enosis didn't happen.
Thank gawd for small favours.


So says the idiot who didn't lose his home, property and relatives to invading Turks!


Says the moron who'se ancestors couldn't wait to leave that sh** hole Greece and start a better life in the UK. :wink:

Basically GiGs, your a Paki Greek immigrant to the UK.
Gotto feel proud innit?


No immigrants in my family! And more importantly, no Turk-supporting stupidities such as you have expressed.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:22 pm

Lordo wrote:read this my dear. you may enjoy it as much as i do.

Cyprus Treaty of Guarantee


And I've already told you ... Turkey gave up ALL claims to Cyprus with the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne so your "Guarantees" were null and void before they were even drafted!

You want to continue guarantees? Do you? Then Turkey has to give up the whole of Turkey! To pre 1920s!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby Paphitis » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:51 am

Get Real! wrote:RE the thread... there's nothing to be gained by the PKK attacking the US embassy so I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Turkish false flag.


Very senior Australian Defence Officials have labelled Turkey's interference into Syria as non-constructive. They accuse Turkey of applying its own agenda and apparently accuse it of strikes against Kurdish Rebels, rather than fight DAESH.
There is evidence of TAF strikes against the Turks, so the ceasefire has been violated.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby Lordo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:58 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Lordo wrote:read this my dear. you may enjoy it as much as i do.

Cyprus Treaty of Guarantee


And I've already told you ... Turkey gave up ALL claims to Cyprus with the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne so your "Guarantees" were null and void before they were even drafted!

You want to continue guarantees? Do you? Then Turkey has to give up the whole of Turkey! To pre 1920s!

have you know, that told me. so what was the signature on tog in 1959. was it make up or washing up. which one.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby erolz66 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:07 am

Maximus wrote:The treaty of guarantee is legally invalid because it binds a party to another agreement that was signed under duress.

One man signed it under duress then innocent people that had no part in it paid the price.


Akritas plan wrote:It is significant argument that the solution achieved has not been ratified by the people, because our leadership, acting wisely, avoided calling the people to ratify it by a plebiscite, which the people, in the 1959 spirit, would have done if called upon.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby Sotos » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:22 am

The important part is that "if called upon" in the end. They knew that in 1959 they were blackmailed so why would they call the people to ratify the result of a blackmail?
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10643
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Turkey: Terrorism and Tourism

Postby Maximus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:10 am

Sotos wrote:The important part is that "if called upon" in the end. They knew that in 1959 they were blackmailed so why would they call the people to ratify the result of a blackmail?


Indeed, you don't call people to ratify a blackmail.

Blackmails dont go to referendum. :roll:

Anyway, lets not derail this thread and get back to Turkey's terrorism problem.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests