The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withdraw

Benefits and problems from the EU membership.

Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withdraw

Postby Mustiejodu » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:33 pm

has any gc ever wondered why after 42 years no one has ever managed to force the turkish army out of Cyprus ? The turkish army will withdraw only when they decide to withdraw. You have joined eu in hope of applying pressure on Turkey but it has had the total opposite affect. No one has ever applied real pressure on the Turkish army to withdraw because they realise that it does keep the peace between the 2 communities . As they can't find a solution to solve the problem they realise this is the only solution that is working untill a better solution is proposed.
Mustiejodu
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withd

Postby Get Real! » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Mustiejodu wrote:has any gc ever wondered why after 42 years no one has ever managed to force the turkish army out of Cyprus ?

Because Turkey is the world's ONLY superpower having defeated all attempts at ejection from the US, Russia, China, Germany, France, and Britain? :?

The turkish army will withdraw only when they decide to withdraw. You have joined eu in hope of applying pressure on Turkey but it has had the total opposite affect.

Had it had the opposite effect then Turkey wouldn't be in Cyprus! :?

No one has ever applied real pressure on the Turkish army to withdraw because they realise that it does keep the peace between the 2 communities . As they can't find a solution to solve the problem they realise this is the only solution that is working untill a better solution is proposed.

Oh is that why? They adore the Ottoman remnant community of 100,000 tossings because they are very useful to the international community eh.... :lol:

...or maybe THIS is the reason: :lol:

Turkey Bribes American Politicians to Deny Armenian Genocide
http://www.christianforums.com/threads/ ... e.7083211/

Turkey Pays Former CIA Director and Lobbyists to Misrepresent Attacks on Kurds and ISIS
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/harut-sas ... _hp_ref=tw

Hastert Should also be Investigated On Turkish Bribery Accusations
http://www.thecaliforniacourier.com/has ... cusations/

FBI Insider Links Turkish Lobby To Bribery And Blackmail
http://asbarez.com/69244/fbi-insider-li ... blackmail/
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withd

Postby Kikapu » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Mustiejodu wrote:has any gc ever wondered why after 42 years no one has ever managed to force the turkish army out of Cyprus ? The turkish army will withdraw only when they decide to withdraw. You have joined eu in hope of applying pressure on Turkey but it has had the total opposite affect. No one has ever applied real pressure on the Turkish army to withdraw because they realise that it does keep the peace between the 2 communities . As they can't find a solution to solve the problem they realise this is the only solution that is working untill a better solution is proposed.


You are wrong, Musty.

The EU has applied pressure on Turkey through the backdoor in 2004 by allowing the RoC to become an EU member, despite not agreeing to the Annan Plan, much against Turkey's wishes. If Turkey ever want's to join the EU in order to become a developed country and not remain a one step above 3rd world country , and I don't mean with the criminal Erdogan and the his criminal gang ruling Turkey now, Turkey will have to leave Cyprus, so in effect, the EU has given the RoC one of Turkey's balls to squeeze and kept the other one for herself. So in effect, both of Turkey's balls are in the hands of the EU and the RoC! :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withd

Postby Lordo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:00 pm

bloody hell man thats a lot of squeezing for the last 11 years and counting. perhaps terggy is a bit like you, enjoys her balls being squeezed and gets it for free. unlike you who has to pay for it.

roc got jack shit from eu shitface. according to your mentality has also been raped repeatedly by all the eu members including greace. go figure, you analysis leaves a lot to be desired. back to ilkokul my friend.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withd

Postby Get Real! » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Btw, we've already covered this:

cyprus36370.html
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40432
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withd

Postby cypriotnado » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Mustiejodu wrote:has any gc ever wondered why after 42 years no one has ever managed to force the turkish army out of Cyprus ? The turkish army will withdraw only when they decide to withdraw. You have joined eu in hope of applying pressure on Turkey but it has had the total opposite affect. No one has ever applied real pressure on the Turkish army to withdraw because they realise that it does keep the peace between the 2 communities . As they can't find a solution to solve the problem they realise this is the only solution that is working untill a better solution is proposed.


You are wrong, Musty.

The EU has applied pressure on Turkey through the backdoor in 2004 by allowing the RoC to become an EU member, despite not agreeing to the Annan Plan, much against Turkey's wishes. If Turkey ever want's to join the EU in order to become a developed country and not remain a one step above 3rd world country , and I don't mean with the criminal Erdogan and the his criminal gang ruling Turkey now, Turkey will have to leave Cyprus, so in effect, the EU has given the RoC one of Turkey's balls to squeeze and kept the other one for herself. So in effect, both of Turkey's balls are in the hands of the EU and the RoC! :wink:



Turkey will never join the EU regardless of what it says or does. The Germans and French do not want Turkey in the EU. They have enough problems with Greece and the balkan states. Others such as Austria are even talking of a referendum if Turkey should ever get near to securing a place at the table. Are you sure that EU leverage works as it has been totally ineffective in even ensuring so called basic EU norms such as freedom of the Press or Judiciary. Face it despite all these abuses Turkey is still shockingly still a candidate country. They are stringing each other along, mutual tolerance. If the EU were serious abt Cyprus and press freedoms etc they would impose sanctions as they have done with Russia. They haven't even threatened to that yet! Turkey has three major things going for it, Its size and strategic position, its proximity to Europe, the middle East and Russia etc and It also has alot of German and French and British investments.
User avatar
cypriotnado
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withd

Postby Zenon33 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:30 pm

cypriotnado wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Mustiejodu wrote:has any gc ever wondered why after 42 years no one has ever managed to force the turkish army out of Cyprus ? The turkish army will withdraw only when they decide to withdraw. You have joined eu in hope of applying pressure on Turkey but it has had the total opposite affect. No one has ever applied real pressure on the Turkish army to withdraw because they realise that it does keep the peace between the 2 communities . As they can't find a solution to solve the problem they realise this is the only solution that is working untill a better solution is proposed.


You are wrong, Musty.

The EU has applied pressure on Turkey through the backdoor in 2004 by allowing the RoC to become an EU member, despite not agreeing to the Annan Plan, much against Turkey's wishes. If Turkey ever want's to join the EU in order to become a developed country and not remain a one step above 3rd world country , and I don't mean with the criminal Erdogan and the his criminal gang ruling Turkey now, Turkey will have to leave Cyprus, so in effect, the EU has given the RoC one of Turkey's balls to squeeze and kept the other one for herself. So in effect, both of Turkey's balls are in the hands of the EU and the RoC! :wink:



Turkey will never join the EU regardless of what it says or does. The Germans and French do not want Turkey in the EU. They have enough problems with Greece and the balkan states. Others such as Austria are even talking of a referendum if Turkey should ever get near to securing a place at the table. Are you sure that EU leverage works as it has been totally ineffective in even ensuring so called basic EU norms such as freedom of the Press or Judiciary. Face it despite all these abuses Turkey is still shockingly still a candidate country. They are stringing each other along, mutual tolerance. If the EU were serious abt Cyprus and press freedoms etc they would impose sanctions as they have done with Russia. They haven't even threatened to that yet! Turkey has three major things going for it, Its size and strategic position, its proximity to Europe, the middle East and Russia etc and It also has alot of German and French and British investments.



No one wants Turkey in the EU.
This Europe now is Eurabia, and you want a muslim genocide state in the EU?.
User avatar
Zenon33
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:49 pm
Location: Limassol, Cyprus

Re: Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withd

Postby Kikapu » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:43 pm

The point is, the EU has given the RoC one of Turkeys' balls to squeeze if and when the time comes. :D

As for Turkey never making it into the EU, well, never is a very long time and Time Does Not Stand Still! :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withd

Postby Maximus » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Mustiejodu wrote:has any gc ever wondered why after 42 years no one has ever managed to force the turkish army out of Cyprus ? The turkish army will withdraw only when they decide to withdraw. You have joined eu in hope of applying pressure on Turkey but it has had the total opposite affect. No one has ever applied real pressure on the Turkish army to withdraw because they realise that it does keep the peace between the 2 communities . As they can't find a solution to solve the problem they realise this is the only solution that is working untill a better solution is proposed.


I have wondered and until 2004 when Cyprus joined the EU, the occupation was in fact the plan of the so called guarantors + the USA. Now that Cyprus is an EU member; I think the EU have not applied the appropriate pressure on Turkey to withdraw from Cyprus because Turkey's occupation of Cyprus is one thing that will definitely keep Turkey out of the EU. Most EU states (except some leftist loonie parties) don't want the Turks to join and since the EU acquis is suspended in the north, it makes no difference to them that a third of Cyprus is occupied.

In fact, the occupation costs Turkey more financially and politically that Turkey is stupid to maintain it and the EU keeps Turkey out while it carries on.

The EU wins, Turkey and Cyprus both lose to some extent.

The average turk is much thicker than the average Greek Cypriot though, much thicker. The Cypriots are extending an opportunity for Turkey to get in while gaining a new trading partner.

But, the Turks are thick backward pirates of the Mediterranean. What can you say....the EU works for all its member states post an era when the continent was ravaged by war between pre member states. The Turks though, they cant even reinvent the wheel. Turkey is the odd one out, just couldn't find a solution to anything, even if the state depended on it. She just creates problems for herself and everyone else in the near vicinity
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Why can't even the eu apply pressure for Turkey to withd

Postby Lordo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:14 pm

who said anything about eu getting involved in the cyprus problem once groc is in the eu. was there such a promise. you bastards have been hiding behind one country or another as well as the un to do your worst. your habits since 1963 have changed.

if you apply for private medicine and declare an illness as you apply would you surprised that the insurance does not cover you for that.

do you suppose that the europeans were not aware of the cyprus problem so you could claim it happened after you joined. you stupid idiot.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Next

Return to Cyprus and the European Union

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests