The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Lordo wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
The property issue (together with territorial adjustments) is going to be the decisive factor as to whether we are going to have a solution. I am a bit worried on that as it looks like their demands are below the borderline of acceptance. Especially their demand that the current user could take legal possession of the property while the real owner should be compensated with thin air from nowhere. This is like stealing properties from one person and donating them free to another (usually a trashy settler). No way!

if the current user has been there for 40 years, you will have to accept compensation. dont be stupid, we are not going to create a new wave of refugees. there is no need for it. if a tc has land in the south you can have compensation from that, if the current user is a tergg then a original owner should be allowed to move back to it if they wish.


It seems to me you don't understand what the Cyprus PROBLEM is for the Gcs.The right to one's own property is undeniable. The user has no rights other than propose something. You cannot force anyone to take compensation. btw who is going to pay that compensation for all those crooks who got stolen properties. YOU? Or the Gcs to themselves as per Anan plan :shock:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9085
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Nikitas » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:23 pm

As usual the GC side faces the issue ass backwards. First comes the territorial issue, with all the provisos I posted before- the bases fall on the GC side and will revert to it when they leave, the demarcation line is short, ie as close to straight as possible for easy monitoring, the proportions of territory follow those of population.

Keep it simple. And if this is accepted, then and only then go on to the properties issue. And after these two are fixed we talk about bloody governance.

Forty fucking years we holler that the goal is BBF, and all the time forget to start with the two BBs and hop straight to the effing F part.

GCs are going to get a humongous surprise post settlement when they face challenges on the interpretation of each and every tiny clause of every law and bicommunal agreement. Running this BBF state will be a trying experience. In ten years time we will be clamoring for partition just to get the buraucratic nightmare off our backs. Why not do it now!!!
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Lordo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
The property issue (together with territorial adjustments) is going to be the decisive factor as to whether we are going to have a solution. I am a bit worried on that as it looks like their demands are below the borderline of acceptance. Especially their demand that the current user could take legal possession of the property while the real owner should be compensated with thin air from nowhere. This is like stealing properties from one person and donating them free to another (usually a trashy settler). No way!

if the current user has been there for 40 years, you will have to accept compensation. dont be stupid, we are not going to create a new wave of refugees. there is no need for it. if a tc has land in the south you can have compensation from that, if the current user is a tergg then a original owner should be allowed to move back to it if they wish.


It seems to me you don't understand what the Cyprus PROBLEM is for the Gcs.The right to one's own property is undeniable. The user has no rights other than propose something. You cannot force anyone to take compensation. btw who is going to pay that compensation for all those crooks who got stolen properties. YOU? Or the Gcs to themselves as per Anan plan :shock:

it seems to me you dont understand how far we have come in compromising my friend. the rights of the original owners and the current owners will be re-pect-ed. it is in the agreement. this will apply to both sides.

now sling your hook boy.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Lordo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Nikitas wrote:As usual the GC side faces the issue ass backwards. First comes the territorial issue, with all the provisos I posted before- the bases fall on the GC side and will revert to it when they leave, the demarcation line is short, ie as close to straight as possible for easy monitoring, the proportions of territory follow those of population.

Keep it simple. And if this is accepted, then and only then go on to the properties issue. And after these two are fixed we talk about bloody governance.

Forty fucking years we holler that the goal is BBF, and all the time forget to start with the two BBs and hop straight to the effing F part.

GCs are going to get a humongous surprise post settlement when they face challenges on the interpretation of each and every tiny clause of every law and bicommunal agreement. Running this BBF state will be a trying experience. In ten years time we will be clamoring for partition just to get the buraucratic nightmare off our backs. Why not do it now!!!

you have 40 000 lawyers boy, use them. they will explain it all to you.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Nikitas » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:06 am

I'D rather go Bizonal from the start and forego the legal expenses.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Lordo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:32 am

bbf is the only choice. take it or leave it.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Lordo wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
The property issue (together with territorial adjustments) is going to be the decisive factor as to whether we are going to have a solution. I am a bit worried on that as it looks like their demands are below the borderline of acceptance. Especially their demand that the current user could take legal possession of the property while the real owner should be compensated with thin air from nowhere. This is like stealing properties from one person and donating them free to another (usually a trashy settler). No way!

if the current user has been there for 40 years, you will have to accept compensation. dont be stupid, we are not going to create a new wave of refugees. there is no need for it. if a tc has land in the south you can have compensation from that, if the current user is a tergg then a original owner should be allowed to move back to it if they wish.


It seems to me you don't understand what the Cyprus PROBLEM is for the Gcs.The right to one's own property is undeniable. The user has no rights other than propose something. You cannot force anyone to take compensation. btw who is going to pay that compensation for all those crooks who got stolen properties. YOU? Or the Gcs to themselves as per Anan plan :shock:

it seems to me you dont understand how far we have come in compromising my friend. the rights of the original owners and the current owners will be re-pect-ed. it is in the agreement. this will apply to both sides.

now sling your hook boy.


I already told what rights the user has.
You did not answer who is going to pay compensations. YOU? from your own pocket? The user? Or the already bankrupt state? Or the GCs to themselves?
Btw nothing has been agreed. Each side has proposed criteria. From what we hear anastasiades proposed 200 of them...

@ Nikitas:It looks the property issue criteria will be identical both in areas under GC control and the other.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9085
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Lordo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:10 pm

there is no other, there is gc and tc controls. the tc control are are the liberated areas and the rest are to be liberated.

compensation can be in many forms. trnc has plenty tc properties in the south which it can use as compensation. this has been done beforte and roc refused to implement the agreement between a gc and trnc. the roc has been taken to court for this and was found to be wrong and ordered to transfer the tc property to the gc. there is plenty where that came from. in this instance 27 donums of tc property was exchanged for 600 donums of gc property near ercan. i bet gr dont have that kind of acreage near ercan. ironically i have pre 74 tc land near ercan. that makes larnaca land 20 times more valuable. even if the values are double, we will end up with more than 30% in the north.

there is going to be 20 categories. you boys will be no 20. only joking hones you will not be no 20, you will be no 19. you are higher the gacos.

you want to hang on to tc properties you will have to pay or return. any you boys wish to settle amongst our gacos you is in for a one big massive welcome.

there will be a new banner at the crossings.

gc refugees are welcome.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:01 pm

Lordo wrote:there is no other, there is gc and tc controls. the tc control are are the liberated areas and the rest are to be liberated.

compensation can be in many forms. trnc has plenty tc properties in the south which it can use as compensation. this has been done beforte and roc refused to implement the agreement between a gc and trnc. the roc has been taken to court for this and was found to be wrong and ordered to transfer the tc property to the gc. there is plenty where that came from. in this instance 27 donums of tc property was exchanged for 600 donums of gc property near ercan. i bet gr dont have that kind of acreage near ercan. ironically i have pre 74 tc land near ercan. that makes larnaca land 20 times more valuable. even if the values are double, we will end up with more than 30% in the north.

there is going to be 20 categories. you boys will be no 20. only joking hones you will not be no 20, you will be no 19. you are higher the gacos.

you want to hang on to tc properties you will have to pay or return. any you boys wish to settle amongst our gacos you is in for a one big massive welcome.

there will be a new banner at the crossings.

gc refugees are welcome.


I am not buying this fairy tail that the properties the Tcs left behind worth more that the GC properies in the occupied. If it were like that every TC would run faster than speedy gonzales to get his properties back. Yet no-one wishes to. The reasons are obvious.
The FACT IS the TCs left behind 1/5th of properties area-wise and each one of those worth 1/4rth the average value of a GC property. Total 1/20th valuewise.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9085
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Troubles Ahead - Turks making Demands

Postby Lordo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:03 pm

User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests