The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Lordo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:14 pm

miltiades wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:Saudi Arabia has sentenced a youth to be crucified:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/crucifixion-t ... ml#z32BQH5

How much is there to choose between the Saudi regime and Daesh?

the yanks back saudi arabia to the hilt. it is time all the dictators are kicked out of the un. it is time to democratise un itself.

Shut up you stupid moron, its not the Yanks that will carry out the sentense, its your fellow muslims.
What a complete fart you are !

you are beyond stupid.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Paphitis » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Lordo wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:Saudi Arabia has sentenced a youth to be crucified:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/crucifixion-t ... ml#z32BQH5

How much is there to choose between the Saudi regime and Daesh?

the yanks back saudi arabia to the hilt. it is time all the dictators are kicked out of the un. it is time to democratise un itself.

Shut up you stupid moron, its not the Yanks that will carry out the sentense, its your fellow muslims.
What a complete fart you are !

you are beyond stupid.


Listen you silly boofhead!

There is nothing the West can do about the Human Rights failures of the KSA. All they can do is apply diplomatic pressure and that can only go so far before the saudis start getting pissed off.

No one agrees with public beheadings or crucifixions, but that is their system and we are not about to turn their country upside down because of it by going for regime change.

Many countries have dictatorships and not all dictatorships are bad either. I for one would be quite happy to accept the UAE Dictatorship in Cyprus because such a Government is superior to many Western Style Governments in most countries, including the UK, Australia and USA.

Image

If only we had a man as good as him in charge!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Tim Drayton » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:55 pm

You could say goodbye to good old Cyprus Forum in that case, mate!

UAE law states that a person can be jailed for as many as two years or fined as much as Dh20,000 for insulting another individual. Tougher sentences can be ordered when the person insulted is performing a public service or is insulted in the course of their work.


http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... no-cursing
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Paphitis » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:You could say goodbye to good old Cyprus Forum in that case, mate!

UAE law states that a person can be jailed for as many as two years or fined as much as Dh20,000 for insulting another individual. Tougher sentences can be ordered when the person insulted is performing a public service or is insulted in the course of their work.


http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... no-cursing


That is the law Tim. I guess people shouldn't go around insulting others in the UAE, and I have not seen it happen there either.

Probably the safest country in the world so they are doing something right.

Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum looks after his people.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Tim Drayton » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:07 am

Each to their own. I happen to prefer the first amendment to the US Constitution.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Garavnoss » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:31 am

Tim Drayton wrote:Each to their own. I happen to prefer the first amendment to the US Constitution.



As Winston Churchill once said:- "The best argument AGAINST democracy, is a five minute conversation with the average voter !". 8)
User avatar
Garavnoss
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Get Real! » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:21 am

Garavnoss wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:Each to their own. I happen to prefer the first amendment to the US Constitution.

As Winston Churchill once said:- "The best argument AGAINST democracy, is a five minute conversation with the average voter !". 8)

Churchill *would* say something dumb like that forgetting that the only time the electorate have a say is over 1 decision every 5 years! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40525
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Lordo » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:25 pm

here is more info for the assholes of the forum.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/olive ... 1467591396
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Paphitis » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:Each to their own. I happen to prefer the first amendment to the US Constitution.

As Winston Churchill once said:- "The best argument AGAINST democracy, is a five minute conversation with the average voter !". 8)

Churchill *would* say something dumb like that forgetting that the only time the electorate have a say is over 1 decision every 5 years! :lol:


Just imagine if Governments had to consult the public every single time over such things as Tax hikes etc. Nothing would ever get done and every country would be a basket case.

And yes, Churchill is right. About 80% of all voters are dumb arses and that is an argument against democracy.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: who is responsible for the arab world mess.

Postby Paphitis » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:Each to their own. I happen to prefer the first amendment to the US Constitution.


Yes Tim, we all prefer the US Constitution with its powerful Bill of Rights. That's all very good, but in reality, how much power and influence does the average American Citizen have?

At least their Rights are protected and enshrined which is all well and good.

But when you go to some Gulf States, you will find that life is pretty good there too and they don't have a Bill of Rights or democracy at any level.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests