The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


refugees vs weapons

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

refugees vs weapons

Postby Lordo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:40 pm

it is very interesting to anaylse who has supplied syria with weapons in the last few years and how many refugees have they accepted. it says it all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: refugees vs weapons

Postby Maximus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Yes, four Christian and four Muslim Countries (I am including the five EU countries as one) selling weapons to Syria.

The Muslim countryies have not accepted any Syrian refugees. While the Christian countryies have accepted all of them.

So we have Muslims killing Muslims and Muslims not helping other Muslims at all. Then the Muslims expect Christians to take them in to their countryies and respect their faith but want them Christians to get out of their countryies and disrespect their faith. Both in their countries and in the Christians country. (generally speaking of course)

whats your analysis Bordo?
Last edited by Maximus on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: refugees vs weapons

Postby Lordo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:56 pm

here is another one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: refugees vs weapons

Postby Lordo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Maximus wrote:Yes, four Christian and four Muslim Countries (I am including the five EU countries as one).

The Muslim countryies have not accepted any Syrian refugees. While the Christian countryies have accepted all of them.

So we have Muslims killing Muslims and Muslims not helping other Muslims at all. Then the Muslims expect Christians to take them in to their country's and respect their faith but want them Christians to get out of their country's and disrespect their faith. Both in their countries and in the Christians country. (generally speaking of course)

whats your analysis Bordo?

you dont really understand anything russian yank rivalry and how it effects the med region, now go back to sleep stupid boy.

amazingly the most refugees have gone to terggy. 1.9 million.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: refugees vs weapons

Postby Maximus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Lordo wrote:
Maximus wrote:Yes, four Christian and four Muslim Countries (I am including the five EU countries as one).

The Muslim countryies have not accepted any Syrian refugees. While the Christian countryies have accepted all of them.

So we have Muslims killing Muslims and Muslims not helping other Muslims at all. Then the Muslims expect Christians to take them in to their country's and respect their faith but want them Christians to get out of their country's and disrespect their faith. Both in their countries and in the Christians country. (generally speaking of course)

whats your analysis Bordo?

you dont really understand anything russian yank rivalry and how it effects the med region, now go back to sleep stupid boy.

amazingly the most refugees have gone to terggy. 1.9 million.


Yes, because;

a) its the closest country in the area where the fighting started and is most concentrated.
b) The Turkish government was hell bent on removing Assad..

Turkey helped create all these refugees in the first place.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: refugees vs weapons

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Let's put things into perspective. 4 Gulf States have provided over 3.5 billion in aid to Syrian Refugees, and that is on par with the USA.

I would say their contribution far exceeds that of the UK which has proven to be dismal!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: refugees vs weapons

Postby Maximus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Paphitis wrote:Let's put things into perspective. 4 Gulf States have provided over 3.5 billion in aid to Syrian Refugees, and that is on par with the USA.

I would say their contribution far exceeds that of the UK which has proven to be dismal!


“We know that the Gulf could take in Syrian refugees, but they have never responded,” said Omar Hariri, a Syrian who had recently fled Turkey on an inflatable raft with his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

Speaking by phone from Athens, he said he saw hope in Europe, not in the Gulf.

“They have helped the rebels, not the refugees,” Mr. Hariri said.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: refugees vs weapons

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Maximus wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Let's put things into perspective. 4 Gulf States have provided over 3.5 billion in aid to Syrian Refugees, and that is on par with the USA.

I would say their contribution far exceeds that of the UK which has proven to be dismal!


“We know that the Gulf could take in Syrian refugees, but they have never responded,” said Omar Hariri, a Syrian who had recently fled Turkey on an inflatable raft with his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

Speaking by phone from Athens, he said he saw hope in Europe, not in the Gulf.

“They have helped the rebels, not the refugees,” Mr. Hariri said.


At least they have put their money where their mouth is and made a significant and very impressive contribution.


Compare their contribution to the UK and you will will see that they have outdone everyone except for the USA but in real terms they have offered more aid than anyone on a per capita basis.

And no, the KSA would probably be an inappropriate destination for a SHIA.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: refugees vs weapons

Postby Maximus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Maximus wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Let's put things into perspective. 4 Gulf States have provided over 3.5 billion in aid to Syrian Refugees, and that is on par with the USA.

I would say their contribution far exceeds that of the UK which has proven to be dismal!


“We know that the Gulf could take in Syrian refugees, but they have never responded,” said Omar Hariri, a Syrian who had recently fled Turkey on an inflatable raft with his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

Speaking by phone from Athens, he said he saw hope in Europe, not in the Gulf.

“They have helped the rebels, not the refugees,” Mr. Hariri said.


At least they have put their money where their mouth is and made a significant and very impressive contribution.


Compare their contribution to the UK and you will will see that they have outdone everyone except for the USA but in real terms they have offered more aid than anyone on a per capita basis.

And no, the KSA would probably be an inappropriate destination for a SHIA.


Are you going to try to convince me now that the UK or Europe is a more appropriate destination for the Shia? :lol:
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: refugees vs weapons

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:40 pm

Maximus wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Maximus wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Let's put things into perspective. 4 Gulf States have provided over 3.5 billion in aid to Syrian Refugees, and that is on par with the USA.

I would say their contribution far exceeds that of the UK which has proven to be dismal!


“We know that the Gulf could take in Syrian refugees, but they have never responded,” said Omar Hariri, a Syrian who had recently fled Turkey on an inflatable raft with his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

Speaking by phone from Athens, he said he saw hope in Europe, not in the Gulf.

“They have helped the rebels, not the refugees,” Mr. Hariri said.


At least they have put their money where their mouth is and made a significant and very impressive contribution.


Compare their contribution to the UK and you will will see that they have outdone everyone except for the USA but in real terms they have offered more aid than anyone on a per capita basis.

And no, the KSA would probably be an inappropriate destination for a SHIA.


Are you going to try to convince me now that the UK or Europe is a more appropriate destination for the Shia? :lol:


Oh silly me!

What do you think Max? Do you really think sending them to KSA is a bright idea or even desirable to them?

Cyprus is also a good place for them and I am sure most Cypriots would agree.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests