The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a chance!

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby Get Real! » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:23 am

Not even Greece existed prior to the early 1800s let alone a Greek church! :roll:

And there are no known Greek disciples of Christianity because they were well known idolaters and continued to be so for a very long time well into the first millennium AD.

Of course, location had a lot to do with it because Greece was too far away from the religious “action” whereas Cyprus is right next to the Holy land.

By the time a "Greece" was manufactured in the early 1800s there were some 2 million Ottoman turncoats and 2 million odd mixed Albanians, Slavs, gypsies, and others to form the modern “Greece” that you know of today! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40488
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby Sotos » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:50 am

What you say about Greeks can be said about nearly ALL other ethnic groups. Didn't the Turks, Slavs, English, French, Russians etc etc mix with many others since the time they were first created? And people have been mixing in Cyprus as well... that mix is mostly Greeks but of course there are many others .... but hardly any Chirokitians, because those went extinct long time ago.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10685
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby Oceanside50 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:15 am

Sotos wrote:What you say about Greeks can be said about nearly ALL other ethnic groups. Didn't the Turks, Slavs, English, French, Russians etc etc mix with many others since the time they were first created? And people have been mixing in Cyprus as well... that mix is mostly Greeks but of course there are many others .... but hardly any Chirokitians, because those went extinct long time ago.


Bravo pale re Sotiri.. :D
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby DrCyprus » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:31 am

Get Real! wrote:Not even Greece existed prior to the early 1800s let alone a Greek church!


So, first you accuse the Greek nation of not officially converting to Christianity until 1833, and call them Pagan imbeciles. (A gross inaccuracy) Then, one post later, you claim that the Greeks never existed and that they are just a bunch of Albanians, Slabs, Turks and Gupsys who have been lied to. (low grade F.Y.R.O.M propaganda)

The only rational observation to be made in this thread is that you are just good at flopping around like a fish out of water. You are out of your depth, and the sooner you shut up the more of your precious (stupid innacurate) beliefs you'll be able to salvage from the light of reason.

Of course there were Churches all over the Greek peninsula. Their central authority was the Ecumenical Patriarchy of Constantinople. The autocefaly status was given to them in 1833 as a political necessity. The Cypriot church exchanged the sacrosanct bones of our saints to receive the autocefaly status. We basically sold the bones of our own saints to the Byzantine emperor to gain religious independence from Antioch.
DrCyprus
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 am

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby Get Real! » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:57 am

DrCyprus wrote:
Get Real! wrote:Not even Greece existed prior to the early 1800s let alone a Greek church!


So, first you accuse the Greek nation of not officially converting to Christianity until 1833, and call them Pagan imbeciles. (A gross inaccuracy) Then, one post later, you claim that the Greeks never existed and that they are just a bunch of Albanians, Slabs, Turks and Gupsys who have been lied to. (low grade F.Y.R.O.M propaganda)

The only rational observation to be made in this thread is that you are just good at flopping around like a fish out of water. You are out of your depth, and the sooner you shut up the more of your precious (stupid innacurate) beliefs you'll be able to salvage from the light of reason.

Of course there were Churches all over the Greek peninsula. Their central authority was the Ecumenical Patriarchy of Constantinople. The autocefaly status was given to them in 1833 as a political necessity. The Cypriot church exchanged the sacrosanct bones of our saints to receive the autocefaly status. We basically sold the bones of our own saints to the Byzantine emperor to gain religious independence from Antioch.

:) You are overly concerned about Balkan giftous which have been nothing but a nuisance to Cyprus for the last 100 odd years (starting with the octovriana they instigated).

Our concern should be for Cyprus, not Greece or Turkey so get your priorities in order or this land will suffer more consequences.

The sooner you all snap out of your xenomania, the sooner Cyprus will have a chance at correcting some of her many problems.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40488
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby Nikitas » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Putting Cyprus first does not mandate spouting outlandish theories or going off on some racial purity bender.

A truly free and independent Cyprus is a concept that has nothing to do with Greece or Turkey, religion, evolution or the art of shipbuilding in the bronze age.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby DrCyprus » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Nikitas wrote:Putting Cyprus first does not mandate spouting outlandish theories or going off on some racial purity bender.

A truly free and independent Cyprus is a concept that has nothing to do with Greece or Turkey, religion, evolution or the art of shipbuilding in the bronze age.


Image

Image
DrCyprus
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 am

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby Get Real! » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Nikitas wrote:Putting Cyprus first does not mandate spouting outlandish theories or going off on some racial purity bender.

A truly free and independent Cyprus is a concept that has nothing to do with Greece or Turkey, religion, evolution or the art of shipbuilding in the bronze age.

It has *everything* to do with it and the only thing outlandish I’ve seen on this thread is your assumption that you’re some kind of Jacques Cousteau as a result of playing with a dingy by the seaside in the 50s. :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40488
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Reh, manah mou, GR! Are you still up the creek without a paddle? :D
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Mycenaean boats sailing from Greece to Cyprus? Not a cha

Postby Nikitas » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Eh, not in the 50s old chap, I did most of my boat building in the 90s, well into middle age. Doing risky stuff as you grow older and all that, you know.

Just the other day I was shopping for a trimaran, hoping to sail it from Rhodes to Limassol, in good weather naturally.

Land lubbers cannot understand the call of the sea. Said aptly by a character in Kapetan Mihalis, you land based kapetanaioi walk in cow shit, you know nothing else.
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest