The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby Tim Drayton » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:08 pm

May a CHP-HDP coalition emerge.

With things being so close, a lot will depend on who global capital trusts most to look after their investments in Turkey. If the Economist is withdrawing its support from Erdoğan, though, that does look a bit ominous.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby insan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:35 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Erdogan's men threaten to 'settle up' opponents after the elections.

Turkish police have stormed the offices of an opposition media group days before the country’s pivotal election, in a crackdown on companies linked to a US-based cleric and critic of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

The authorities seized 22 companies owned by Koza Ipek on Tuesday in an investigation of alleged financial irregularities, including whether it funded Gülen. The company denies wrongdoing.

Erdoğan has led a crackdown against once influential followers of Gülen

Legal action against other opposition newspapers, including the nationalist Sözcü, was planned for after the vote, said Aydin Ünal, a legislator in the ruling AK party.

“After 1 November, we will hold them accountable. Sözcü newspaper insults us every day,” Ünal, a former Erdoğan adviser, told A Haber channel. “There is a lot of pressure on Turkey. If we say something, the world accuses us of interfering with the press, so we’re not in a comfortable position now, but after 1 November we will settle up with all of them.”

A prosecutor is seeking a prison sentence of up to 34 years for Gülen on allegations that he ran a “parallel” structure within state institutions that sought to topple Erdoğan, who has led Turkey, first as prime minister, then president, since 2003.

A number of prominent journalists who worked at Gülen-affiliated newspapers and TV stations are in pre-trial detention on similar charges.


http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... tion-looms



It's just about the war between the so-called secular elite and the so-called non-secular elite... shortly to say, an interest conflict between the Turkish elites... it's nothing else...
User avatar
insan
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9037
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:33 pm
Location: Somewhere in ur network. ;]

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby Tim Drayton » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:52 pm

insan wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Erdogan's men threaten to 'settle up' opponents after the elections.

Turkish police have stormed the offices of an opposition media group days before the country’s pivotal election, in a crackdown on companies linked to a US-based cleric and critic of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

The authorities seized 22 companies owned by Koza Ipek on Tuesday in an investigation of alleged financial irregularities, including whether it funded Gülen. The company denies wrongdoing.

Erdoğan has led a crackdown against once influential followers of Gülen

Legal action against other opposition newspapers, including the nationalist Sözcü, was planned for after the vote, said Aydin Ünal, a legislator in the ruling AK party.

“After 1 November, we will hold them accountable. Sözcü newspaper insults us every day,” Ünal, a former Erdoğan adviser, told A Haber channel. “There is a lot of pressure on Turkey. If we say something, the world accuses us of interfering with the press, so we’re not in a comfortable position now, but after 1 November we will settle up with all of them.”

A prosecutor is seeking a prison sentence of up to 34 years for Gülen on allegations that he ran a “parallel” structure within state institutions that sought to topple Erdoğan, who has led Turkey, first as prime minister, then president, since 2003.

A number of prominent journalists who worked at Gülen-affiliated newspapers and TV stations are in pre-trial detention on similar charges.


http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... tion-looms



It's just about the war between the so-called secular elite and the so-called non-secular elite... shortly to say, an interest conflict between the Turkish elites... it's nothing else...


This is the fight between the Gulenists and the Erdoganists, a schism within the Islamist wing that wanted to overthrow the secular republic.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby cypriotnado » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
insan wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Erdogan's men threaten to 'settle up' opponents after the elections.

Turkish police have stormed the offices of an opposition media group days before the country’s pivotal election, in a crackdown on companies linked to a US-based cleric and critic of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

The authorities seized 22 companies owned by Koza Ipek on Tuesday in an investigation of alleged financial irregularities, including whether it funded Gülen. The company denies wrongdoing.

Erdoğan has led a crackdown against once influential followers of Gülen

Legal action against other opposition newspapers, including the nationalist Sözcü, was planned for after the vote, said Aydin Ünal, a legislator in the ruling AK party.

“After 1 November, we will hold them accountable. Sözcü newspaper insults us every day,” Ünal, a former Erdoğan adviser, told A Haber channel. “There is a lot of pressure on Turkey. If we say something, the world accuses us of interfering with the press, so we’re not in a comfortable position now, but after 1 November we will settle up with all of them.”

A prosecutor is seeking a prison sentence of up to 34 years for Gülen on allegations that he ran a “parallel” structure within state institutions that sought to topple Erdoğan, who has led Turkey, first as prime minister, then president, since 2003.

A number of prominent journalists who worked at Gülen-affiliated newspapers and TV stations are in pre-trial detention on similar charges.


http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... tion-looms



It's just about the war between the so-called secular elite and the so-called non-secular elite... shortly to say, an interest conflict between the Turkish elites... it's nothing else...


This is the fight between the Gulenists and the Erdoganists, a schism within the Islamist wing that wanted to overthrow the secular republic.


Yes but it's about the destruction of secularism and transformation of Turkey . That is the ultimate goal
User avatar
cypriotnado
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby Tim Drayton » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:54 pm

cypriotnado wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
insan wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Erdogan's men threaten to 'settle up' opponents after the elections.

Turkish police have stormed the offices of an opposition media group days before the country’s pivotal election, in a crackdown on companies linked to a US-based cleric and critic of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

The authorities seized 22 companies owned by Koza Ipek on Tuesday in an investigation of alleged financial irregularities, including whether it funded Gülen. The company denies wrongdoing.

Erdoğan has led a crackdown against once influential followers of Gülen

Legal action against other opposition newspapers, including the nationalist Sözcü, was planned for after the vote, said Aydin Ünal, a legislator in the ruling AK party.

“After 1 November, we will hold them accountable. Sözcü newspaper insults us every day,” Ünal, a former Erdoğan adviser, told A Haber channel. “There is a lot of pressure on Turkey. If we say something, the world accuses us of interfering with the press, so we’re not in a comfortable position now, but after 1 November we will settle up with all of them.”

A prosecutor is seeking a prison sentence of up to 34 years for Gülen on allegations that he ran a “parallel” structure within state institutions that sought to topple Erdoğan, who has led Turkey, first as prime minister, then president, since 2003.

A number of prominent journalists who worked at Gülen-affiliated newspapers and TV stations are in pre-trial detention on similar charges.


http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... tion-looms



It's just about the war between the so-called secular elite and the so-called non-secular elite... shortly to say, an interest conflict between the Turkish elites... it's nothing else...


This is the fight between the Gulenists and the Erdoganists, a schism within the Islamist wing that wanted to overthrow the secular republic.


Yes but it's about the destruction of secularism and transformation of Turkey . That is the ultimate goal


Agreed, and I think they would have succeeded if they had stuck together, but they couldn't agree on sharing out the spoils and now they are at one another's throats. Anyway, let's see what happens after Sunday's elections. I am hoping for a very different Turkey and there is a chance it could come.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby B25 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:40 pm

I am hoping for a coup and a mass implosion of that criminal terrorist state. Maybe the T cock suckers in Europe and the US will finally see what is really going on.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6067
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby Maximus » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:00 pm

I am rooting for Erdogans Kampf too.

Go Erdogan, Go. Turkey could not ask for a worse president.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby B25 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Well looks like Mad dog Erdo has won the election with an out right majority. The start of Turkeys new dictatorship and I hope the EU and especially the UK/US suffer for it.

They created this beast called Turkey now it is unstoppable. The Turkish population deserve all they got coming, all I am waiting for now it the Kurdish up rising.

Cyprus has even less chance of any possible solution now.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6067
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby Lordo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:43 pm

quite the opposite, cyprus needs a solution more than ever. with erdogan and akp in charge we shall have 5 million settlers in the next 5 years. who is going to stop them.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Erdogan's Mein Kampf and Fascism in Turkey.

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:46 pm

It's already being described as a "surprising" victory. Unfortunate for the Turkish people if that is the case and Erdogan has defrauded his way back to dictate over them. Sad if the Turkish people are that brainwashed that they did vote him back in!

Either way, let's hope he continues to destroy Turkey if that is the only way Cyprus will ever have freedom and peace again!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests