The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:48 am

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Take your Turkish army and your Turkish settlers and "those Turkish Cypriots" and go and settle in Islamic Turkey so that Cyprus can have peace.


If I was Turkish I might consider settling in Turkey but as I am Cypriot I have chose to settle here in Cyprus.


Only under the banner of a Turkish Army and Turkish settlers. Same, and worse!
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby erolz66 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:58 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Take your Turkish army and your Turkish settlers and "those Turkish Cypriots" and go and settle in Islamic Turkey so that Cyprus can have peace.


If I was Turkish I might consider settling in Turkey but as I am Cypriot I have chose to settle here in Cyprus.


Only under the banner of a Turkish Army and Turkish settlers. Same, and worse!


Cypriots lived under the banner of the British, the Ottomans, the Venetians and how many others before that. I would live in Cyprus as a Cypriot under those banners if necessary, just as I do today. To say I only live in Cyprus because of the presence of the Turkish Army since 74 is just not true - but truth does not matter to you. It never has. My father and his family and their mothers and fathers for generations back did likewise, all before the arrival of the Turkish Army in 74.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby Lordo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:42 am

i see the mistress has not objected to the fact that you described the people in cyprus as cypriot and not greak. we have progress here. we have not lost hope yet.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 am

erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Take your Turkish army and your Turkish settlers and "those Turkish Cypriots" and go and settle in Islamic Turkey so that Cyprus can have peace.


If I was Turkish I might consider settling in Turkey but as I am Cypriot I have chose to settle here in Cyprus.


Only under the banner of a Turkish Army and Turkish settlers. Same, and worse!


Cypriots lived under the banner of the British, the Ottomans, the Venetians and how many others before that. I would live in Cyprus as a Cypriot under those banners if necessary, just as I do today. To say I only live in Cyprus because of the presence of the Turkish Army since 74 is just not true - but truth does not matter to you. It never has. My father and his family and their mothers and fathers for generations back did likewise, all before the arrival of the Turkish Army in 74.


No Cypriots did NOT live under those banners. You (Turk-TCs) might live under invader's banners, as you say. But Cypriots FOUGHT against them and when we managed to succeed in some semi-freedom between 1960-3, again the Turkish Cypriots rose up to live under the TURKISH banner. You might be HAPPY with that! Cypriots are NOT and never were.

You've pointed out a huge chasm between Turk-TC mentality - one that probably arises from needing to have your stolen (or "disputed" :roll: ) goods protected, by the banner of Turkey - and the mentality of Cypriots that are prepared to do what they can to fight for individuality and legal rights.

Cyprus needs Freedom and Peace and Democracy (whilst Turk-TCs are content with Turkish Diktat, as your above declaration shows).
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby erolz66 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:56 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote: again the Turkish Cypriots rose up to live under the TURKISH banner. You might be HAPPY with that! Cypriots are NOT and never were.


We rose up in struggle against replacing one colonial ruler with an even worse one. Cyprus only exists today as a nation and state because we did that. You may not be happy that Cyprus exist today as a nation and state and not as a colonial outpost of a foreign nation but a true Cypriot should be.

GreekIslandGirl wrote: You've pointed out a huge chasm between Turk-TC mentality - one that probably arises from needing to have your stolen (or "disputed" :roll: ) goods protected, by the banner of Turkey - and the mentality of Cypriots that are prepared to do what they can to fight for individuality and legal rights.


We had no stolen land in 64 when my uncle was taken in plain sight from his place of work by illegal ethnic based armed thugs, murdered and his body dumped in a well, for no other reason that he was the 'wrong' kind of Cypriot. This you claim was a 'fight for individual and legal rights'.

GreekIslandGirl wrote: Cyprus needs Freedom and Peace and Democracy (whilst Turk-TCs are content with Turkish Diktat, as your above declaration shows).


Since I came to live in Cyprus I have worked on numerous bi-communal projects in support of re-unification and the end of Turkish military presence in Cyprus, from small efforts that I personally set up to larger efforts. I have Cypriot friends in the South that I vist and break bread with. I am not the one who sustains the division in Cyprus, sustains hatred based on ethnicity. That is your role.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby insan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:04 am

Tim Drayton wrote:
insan wrote:You still are not aware of that the issue between Erdogan and the so-called opposition media of Turkey is all about the self-interests of the multi-billionaire Aydin Dogan... nad of course Feto...


Well, yes, but for example Cumhuriyet is neither part of the Aydın Doğan stable - which now appears to have capitulated following the last sham elections - nor 'Feto' (i.e. Fetullah Gülen).



Those so-called secularists too are a part of Aydın Doğan stable... Aydin Doğan is one of the shareholders of Cumhuriyet... Their fear stemms from losing their influence on the governments of Turkey... not because they were contributing the development, democracy and modernization of Turkey but because of their self-interests... Feto's situation is almost same... he has been playing politics by using every trick and arts and wiles of politics for the interests of his coterie...

"Why are they in conflict?

Had the Gulen movement been limited only to cultural Islam, this current tension would be limited. Most observers agree that the movement in fact has its own version of a political effort: aiming for members to obtain jobs within the judiciary and the police. Apparently, this began back in the '70s as an effort to transform a hostile state — Turkey’s draconian secular regime — by gradually joining its ranks. Since it has been a covert task, it has always been a matter of speculation and a source for conspiracy theories."

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... z3s1JvaGEB


and the article in below link explains the rest of the story very well....


http://www.mei.edu/content/clash-former ... n-movement
User avatar
insan
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9037
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:33 pm
Location: Somewhere in ur network. ;]

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby B25 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:53 am

User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6068
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby Tim Drayton » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:49 pm

insan wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
insan wrote:You still are not aware of that the issue between Erdogan and the so-called opposition media of Turkey is all about the self-interests of the multi-billionaire Aydin Dogan... nad of course Feto...


Well, yes, but for example Cumhuriyet is neither part of the Aydın Doğan stable - which now appears to have capitulated following the last sham elections - nor 'Feto' (i.e. Fetullah Gülen).



Those so-called secularists too are a part of Aydın Doğan stable... Aydin Doğan is one of the shareholders of Cumhuriyet... Their fear stemms from losing their influence on the governments of Turkey... not because they were contributing the development, democracy and modernization of Turkey but because of their self-interests... Feto's situation is almost same... he has been playing politics by using every trick and arts and wiles of politics for the interests of his coterie...

"Why are they in conflict?

Had the Gulen movement been limited only to cultural Islam, this current tension would be limited. Most observers agree that the movement in fact has its own version of a political effort: aiming for members to obtain jobs within the judiciary and the police. Apparently, this began back in the '70s as an effort to transform a hostile state — Turkey’s draconian secular regime — by gradually joining its ranks. Since it has been a covert task, it has always been a matter of speculation and a source for conspiracy theories."

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origina ... z3s1JvaGEB


and the article in below link explains the rest of the story very well....


http://www.mei.edu/content/clash-former ... n-movement


It is perfectly true that even in the most liberal, democratic countries there are limits to the extent to which the press and media are free, given that it costs a lot of money to set up an effective media organisation, which means that they are inevitably owned by rich and powerful people who use these organisations to serve their own interests. Even so, it is better to have a liberal CNN and a conservative Fox and for there to be some debate between the two, rather than having all of the media operating as regime outlets, as is the case in totalitarian states. I find it bizarre that you can use the crooked acts of a media mogul like Aydın Doğan as justification for the AKP taking over the remaining few independent media outlets in Turkey as it moves in the direction of totalitarianism.
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:58 pm

erolz66 wrote:We rose up in struggle against replacing one colonial ruler with an even worse one.


You mean TCs accepted bribes from the British to prevent Cyprus' quest for freedom!

erolz66 wrote:Cyprus only exists today as a nation and state because we did that.


May you go to hell and take your Turkish army and settlers with you.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Turkey fans disrupt minutes silence for Paris

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:00 pm

B25 wrote:Turkeys doing, no comment required.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/links-betw ... le/5490056


Essential reading ...
Documents and flash drives seized during the Sayyaf raid reportedly revealed links “so clear” and “undeniable” between Turkey and ISIS “that they could end up having profound policy implications for the relationship between us and Ankara,” a senior western official familiar with the captured intelligence told the Guardian.

NATO member Turkey has long been accused by experts, Kurds, and even Joe Biden of enabling ISIS by turning a blind eye to the vast smuggling networks of weapons and fighters during the ongoing Syrian war.

The move by the ruling AKP party was apparently part of ongoing attempts to trigger the downfall of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest