The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Postby Garavnoss » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:59 pm

DrCyprus wrote:
Paphitis wrote:So what is your issue with them when they seem to be our friends today?


His issue is that he embraces antisemitism, just like you embrace eugenics.


I do not consider myself to be "Antisemitic" merely because I abhor the actions [both past and present] of the "Terror State" of Israel.

For too long has the Israeli been allowed to ride roughshod over humanitarian rules which are [presumably] adopted by other nations when engaged in military conflicts invariably because they cite the horrors of the "Holocaust" whenever their questionable activities are the subject of discussion.

Had it not been for the fact that the UK and it's counterparts gifted the territories of Palestine to the [alleged] Jewish survivors of WW2, it is MY belief that the Middle Eastern regions would be relatively peaceful these days.

I have no real issues with the Jews, their attitude is well known in relationship to each other and their fellow man [good luck to them] but [always accepting that they are possibly "God's Chosen People"], they are a crafty load of bastards and always have been.

Watch out people, given the "Upper Hand", you will SOON come to know the meaning of "Persecution", ask a Palestinian. 8)
User avatar
Garavnoss
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Garavnoss wrote:Had it not been for the fact that the UK and it's counterparts gifted the territories of Palestine to the [alleged] Jewish survivors of WW2, it is MY belief that the Middle Eastern regions would be relatively peaceful these days.


That's a childish argument. There's no reason to deny the Jews a homeland in a region they have historically lived in for thousands of years. It seems the Turks could adopt the same point of view about Cyprus. They complain the UK "gifted" Cyprus to the Greek natives in finally giving us a partial say in the running of our own land, back in 1960.

The fact the Turks cannot stomach us having our rightful land is no reason for us to believe all will be peaceful if we give up the fight and let the Turks have everything.

Equally, let the Jews fight for their survival and Islam/Muslims/Arabs/Turks whatever they call themselves, can learn to evolve into civilized statesmen like everybody is is trying to do by respecting sovereign borders. Goodness, we can keep going on about the Turks occupying Asia Minor and Constantinople for ever more but no one is going to give them back to us nor is peace guaranteed whatever the attempted solution.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Postby Garavnoss » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:14 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:Had it not been for the fact that the UK and it's counterparts gifted the territories of Palestine to the [alleged] Jewish survivors of WW2, it is MY belief that the Middle Eastern regions would be relatively peaceful these days.


That's a childish argument. There's no reason to deny the Jews a homeland in a region they have historically lived in for thousands of years. It seems the Turks could adopt the same point of view about Cyprus. They complain the UK "gifted" Cyprus to the Greek natives in finally giving us a partial say in the running of our own land, back in 1960.

The fact the Turks cannot stomach us having our rightful land is no reason for us to believe all will be peaceful if we give up the fight and let the Turks have everything.

Equally, let the Jews fight for their survival and Islam/Muslims/Arabs/Turks whatever they call themselves, can learn to evolve into civilized statesmen like everybody is is trying to do by respecting sovereign borders. Goodness, we can keep going on about the Turks occupying Asia Minor and Constantinople for ever more but no one is going to give them back to us nor is peace guaranteed whatever the attempted solution.


SO:- Had the Turks been "Gifted" certain territories of Cyprus by the British and those nations that could be described as allies [rather than possessed as a result of invasion] and thereafter the Turks embarked upon a long campaign of expansionism which obliterated the indigenous population [or at least almost], then according to your submission, THAT would be alright.

Is that not a fair comparison ?.
User avatar
Garavnoss
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Postby Paphitis » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Garavnoss wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:Had it not been for the fact that the UK and it's counterparts gifted the territories of Palestine to the [alleged] Jewish survivors of WW2, it is MY belief that the Middle Eastern regions would be relatively peaceful these days.


That's a childish argument. There's no reason to deny the Jews a homeland in a region they have historically lived in for thousands of years. It seems the Turks could adopt the same point of view about Cyprus. They complain the UK "gifted" Cyprus to the Greek natives in finally giving us a partial say in the running of our own land, back in 1960.

The fact the Turks cannot stomach us having our rightful land is no reason for us to believe all will be peaceful if we give up the fight and let the Turks have everything.

Equally, let the Jews fight for their survival and Islam/Muslims/Arabs/Turks whatever they call themselves, can learn to evolve into civilized statesmen like everybody is is trying to do by respecting sovereign borders. Goodness, we can keep going on about the Turks occupying Asia Minor and Constantinople for ever more but no one is going to give them back to us nor is peace guaranteed whatever the attempted solution.


SO:- Had the Turks been "Gifted" certain territories of Cyprus by the British and those nations that could be described as allies [rather than possessed as a result of invasion] and thereafter the Turks embarked upon a long campaign of expansionism which obliterated the indigenous population [or at least almost], then according to your submission, THAT would be alright.

Is that not a fair comparison ?.


But you see, they were never "gifted" Cyprus, Tasmania or Newfoundland.

They were given control of the Holy Land of the Levant, which they have belonged to for thousands of years. These lands do not belong to the Christians or Muslims. It belongs to them.

The Brits made the best decision. The Jews are back in their homeland and we need the Jews to be exactly where they are to act as a regional moderator opposing Islamic Fundamentalism in the ME. They are our buffer and first line of defence! 8)

Even Jesus the Son of God was born there, to be their savior and King in the promised land.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Garavnoss wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:Had it not been for the fact that the UK and it's counterparts gifted the territories of Palestine to the [alleged] Jewish survivors of WW2, it is MY belief that the Middle Eastern regions would be relatively peaceful these days.


That's a childish argument. There's no reason to deny the Jews a homeland in a region they have historically lived in for thousands of years. It seems the Turks could adopt the same point of view about Cyprus. They complain the UK "gifted" Cyprus to the Greek natives in finally giving us a partial say in the running of our own land, back in 1960.

The fact the Turks cannot stomach us having our rightful land is no reason for us to believe all will be peaceful if we give up the fight and let the Turks have everything.

Equally, let the Jews fight for their survival and Islam/Muslims/Arabs/Turks whatever they call themselves, can learn to evolve into civilized statesmen like everybody is is trying to do by respecting sovereign borders. Goodness, we can keep going on about the Turks occupying Asia Minor and Constantinople for ever more but no one is going to give them back to us nor is peace guaranteed whatever the attempted solution.


SO:- Had the Turks been "Gifted" certain territories of Cyprus by the British and those nations that could be described as allies [rather than possessed as a result of invasion] and thereafter the Turks embarked upon a long campaign of expansionism which obliterated the indigenous population [or at least almost], then according to your submission, THAT would be alright.

Is that not a fair comparison ?.


Unlike the historical precedent that Jews have for Israel, there was no such historical precedent to 'gift' any of Cyprus to Turkey (Treaty of Lausanne etc). However, there was such a precedent which was for enosis with Greece and they chose against that precisely to keep Cyprus isolated, exposed and subject to their continued hold on the Bases. Had the Brits allowed enosis, 1974 would never have happened. It's now up to us to secure the rest of Cyprus just as it's up to the Israelis to do what they must to survive on their historical lands. The Turks have no rights to be here. The Israelis have a right to Israel.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Postby Garavnoss » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:17 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:Had it not been for the fact that the UK and it's counterparts gifted the territories of Palestine to the [alleged] Jewish survivors of WW2, it is MY belief that the Middle Eastern regions would be relatively peaceful these days.


That's a childish argument. There's no reason to deny the Jews a homeland in a region they have historically lived in for thousands of years. It seems the Turks could adopt the same point of view about Cyprus. They complain the UK "gifted" Cyprus to the Greek natives in finally giving us a partial say in the running of our own land, back in 1960.

The fact the Turks cannot stomach us having our rightful land is no reason for us to believe all will be peaceful if we give up the fight and let the Turks have everything.

Equally, let the Jews fight for their survival and Islam/Muslims/Arabs/Turks whatever they call themselves, can learn to evolve into civilized statesmen like everybody is is trying to do by respecting sovereign borders. Goodness, we can keep going on about the Turks occupying Asia Minor and Constantinople for ever more but no one is going to give them back to us nor is peace guaranteed whatever the attempted solution.


SO:- Had the Turks been "Gifted" certain territories of Cyprus by the British and those nations that could be described as allies [rather than possessed as a result of invasion] and thereafter the Turks embarked upon a long campaign of expansionism which obliterated the indigenous population [or at least almost], then according to your submission, THAT would be alright.

Is that not a fair comparison ?.


But you see, they were never "gifted" Cyprus, Tasmania or Newfoundland.

They were given control of the Holy Land of the Levant, which they have belonged to for thousands of years. These lands do not belong to the Christians or Muslims. It belongs to them.

The Brits made the best decision. The Jews are back in their homeland and we need the Jews to be exactly where they are to act as a regional moderator opposing Islamic Fundamentalism in the ME. They are our buffer and first line of defence! 8)

Even Jesus the Son of God was born there, to be their savior and King in the promised land.



If you choose to rely upon the assumption that those lands [now occupied by the Israeli] are theirs by right, it immediately raises the question of "Why are they so reluctant to afford the same accommodation to other nations that surround them ?".

If the answer to THAT question invites any answer that touches upon their inherent habits of "Greed, infiltration and aggression", then one can easily understand the reasons for their dispersal from the lands in the first place which condemned them to the status of being regarded as "The Wandering Jews".

IF, they have now returned [by whatever means] in order to consolidate their position and dispense with the above stigma, would it not serve them better to drop the negative traits [aforementioned] and adopt a less characteristic approach to those among whom they now live rather than revert to the age old habits which culminated in their original dispersal ?.

The Jews [like all of us} are as entitled to live on the face of the earth as the next human being, it is only in their seemingly unflinching conviction that they should be allowed to act in any manner they see fit [currently] on account of "The Holocaust", that they are once more on the road to the self-same condemnation that they have experienced so many times in the past.

Let me make myself clear:- I have a great deal of respect for the courage, conviction and progress of the Jews, there can be no doubt that they have achieved great things and should be commended for them BUT, their behaviour in the regions that surround them since the foundation of [what has become known as] "The Terror State of Israel" [in many regions] does little to enhance their position.

DO NOT rely upon the "Political and Biblical" directives when considering the Jewish position in Israel, both sources of information are too easily distorted and misrepresented in order to satisfy the current ambitions of those that are in control of such information. 8)
User avatar
Garavnoss
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Postby Paphitis » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:32 pm

Garavnoss wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Garavnoss wrote:Had it not been for the fact that the UK and it's counterparts gifted the territories of Palestine to the [alleged] Jewish survivors of WW2, it is MY belief that the Middle Eastern regions would be relatively peaceful these days.


That's a childish argument. There's no reason to deny the Jews a homeland in a region they have historically lived in for thousands of years. It seems the Turks could adopt the same point of view about Cyprus. They complain the UK "gifted" Cyprus to the Greek natives in finally giving us a partial say in the running of our own land, back in 1960.

The fact the Turks cannot stomach us having our rightful land is no reason for us to believe all will be peaceful if we give up the fight and let the Turks have everything.

Equally, let the Jews fight for their survival and Islam/Muslims/Arabs/Turks whatever they call themselves, can learn to evolve into civilized statesmen like everybody is is trying to do by respecting sovereign borders. Goodness, we can keep going on about the Turks occupying Asia Minor and Constantinople for ever more but no one is going to give them back to us nor is peace guaranteed whatever the attempted solution.


SO:- Had the Turks been "Gifted" certain territories of Cyprus by the British and those nations that could be described as allies [rather than possessed as a result of invasion] and thereafter the Turks embarked upon a long campaign of expansionism which obliterated the indigenous population [or at least almost], then according to your submission, THAT would be alright.

Is that not a fair comparison ?.


But you see, they were never "gifted" Cyprus, Tasmania or Newfoundland.

They were given control of the Holy Land of the Levant, which they have belonged to for thousands of years. These lands do not belong to the Christians or Muslims. It belongs to them.

The Brits made the best decision. The Jews are back in their homeland and we need the Jews to be exactly where they are to act as a regional moderator opposing Islamic Fundamentalism in the ME. They are our buffer and first line of defence! 8)

Even Jesus the Son of God was born there, to be their savior and King in the promised land.



If you choose to rely upon the assumption that those lands [now occupied by the Israeli] are theirs by right, it immediately raises the question of "Why are they so reluctant to afford the same accommodation to other nations that surround them ?".

If the answer to THAT question invites any answer that touches upon their inherent habits of "Greed, infiltration and aggression", then one can easily understand the reasons for their dispersal from the lands in the first place which condemned them to the status of being regarded as "The Wandering Jews".

IF, they have now returned [by whatever means] in order to consolidate their position and dispense with the above stigma, would it not serve them better to drop the negative traits [aforementioned] and adopt a less characteristic approach to those among whom they now live rather than revert to the age old habits which culminated in their original dispersal ?.

The Jews [like all of us} are as entitled to live on the face of the earth as the next human being, it is only in their seemingly unflinching conviction that they should be allowed to act in any manner they see fit [currently] on account of "The Holocaust", that they are once more on the road to the self-same condemnation that they have experienced so many times in the past.

Let me make myself clear:- I have a great deal of respect for the courage, conviction and progress of the Jews, there can be no doubt that they have achieved great things and should be commended for them BUT, their behaviour in the regions that surround them since the foundation of [what has become known as] "The Terror State of Israel" [in many regions] does little to enhance their position.

DO NOT rely upon the "Political and Biblical" directives when considering the Jewish position in Israel, both sources of information are too easily distorted and misrepresented in order to satisfy the current ambitions of those that are in control of such information. 8)


Yes these lands belong to the Israelis by right with the exception of the illegal settlements in the West Bank.

Israel is however very accommodating but it is apparent that those surrounding Israel do not seem to be content with their existence anywhere.

You are one to be talking about their "inherent habits of greed" and then speak of their accomplishments. Well it's a 2 way street, and the other side may have "inherent traits of greed" since they do not accept the existence of Israel.

It's got nothing to do with the Holocause. The holocaust was against the Jew. Israel is a country where Israelis live and they could be Christian or Palestinian as well. There is a big difference!'

The holocaust and their deportations are just a reminder of the persecutions they endured which also banished them from their homeland during the Roman Period.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Postby Garavnoss » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Paphitis wrote: The holocaust and their deportations are just a reminder of the persecutions they endured which also banished them from their homeland during the Roman Period.


Which raises the point made earlier [not necessarily implying that I am in agreement with such banishment] but WHY have these people been subjected to such harsh treatment for so long ?, surely there MUST be a reason and I think an open and honest approach to the subject might be of benefit to those who may have opinions but are reluctant to discuss them for fear of being accused of "Anti-Semitism" or other motives, any of which may or may not be true but, might benefit from some exposure.

As an opener... Why is it acceptable to condemn the Arab in any fashion one may deem appropriate yet, such condemnation is NOT regarded as "Anti-Semitic" since the term "Anti-Semitic" is reserved solely for the Jew and straightaway smacks of segregation, a state of distancing oneself from all others outside of their own beliefs and a situation which the Jew seems to relish ?. 8)
User avatar
Garavnoss
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: A History of Mankind in 1250 Words or Less

Postby Paphitis » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:08 am

Garavnoss wrote:
Paphitis wrote: The holocaust and their deportations are just a reminder of the persecutions they endured which also banished them from their homeland during the Roman Period.


Which raises the point made earlier [not necessarily implying that I am in agreement with such banishment] but WHY have these people been subjected to such harsh treatment for so long ?, surely there MUST be a reason and I think an open and honest approach to the subject might be of benefit to those who may have opinions but are reluctant to discuss them for fear of being accused of "Anti-Semitism" or other motives, any of which may or may not be true but, might benefit from some exposure.

As an opener... Why is it acceptable to condemn the Arab in any fashion one may deem appropriate yet, such condemnation is NOT regarded as "Anti-Semitic" since the term "Anti-Semitic" is reserved solely for the Jew and straightaway smacks of segregation, a state of distancing oneself from all others outside of their own beliefs and a situation which the Jew seems to relish ?. 8)


Because they are a smart people, very hard working and always manage to be big influences in industry, and finance.

There is no other reason. They as a people always stuck together and looked after each other and that could be difficult for a lot of people to accept. They are also not so easily led, and they even started major rebellions against the Roman Authorities leading to the siege of Jerusalem which resulted in many Jews dieing from starvation and expulsion from the Holy Land.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20996
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests