The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


EU Turkey summit

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby miltiades » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:22 am

Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:My point was that GiG's claim that Turkey 'walks away with nothing' was just ...


Another of your distortions! That money is meant for the refugees, not for your personal pockets!

Erolz has consistently stated that he is a Cypriot, why do you insist that he is not.
By " your personal pockets" you are inferring that he is Turkish and not a Cypriot / T/C.


You're not Cypriot either! So you go on and talk about the virtues of being British because you don't have the bollocks to be Cypriot, literally!

Boy, put yout dummy back in your mouth if only to stop you from spewing crap continually. There is more Cypriot in my villos than there is in your entire body.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16332
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:32 am

miltiades wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
erolz66 wrote:My point was that GiG's claim that Turkey 'walks away with nothing' was just ...


Another of your distortions! That money is meant for the refugees, not for your personal pockets!

“This is not money for Turkey. It’s money for the refugees,” Federica Mogherini, the EU’s chief foreign policy coordinator, told the Guardian.

Erolz has consistently stated that he is a Cypriot, why do you insist that he is not.
By " your personal pockets" you are inferring that he is Turkish and not a Cypriot / T/C.


With all due respect, his claim to being a "Cypriot" is generally meaningless and most specifically unlikely in the context in which you try to defend him.

The EU chief foreign policy coordinator (quoted above) has donated that money for the refugees and every Turk-supporter here seems to think it's for Turkey! :roll: The only reason I could think of that gives them joy that Turkey is suddenly richer by all the number of zeros that Erolz posted for us so gleefully is that they live under the Turkish occupation and so believe they might benefit from Turkey's wealth once again - since of course, that is who bolsters their existence - which brings us back to the original point that they cannot therefore be "Cypriot".

[But of course, you have probably created just the sort of diversion Erolz loves when he has been proved wrong again.]
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby erolz66 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:52 am

And so the petulant screaming starts.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Another of your distortions! That money is meant for the refugees, not for your personal pockets!


What money ? According to you Turkey walked away with nothing. How would you have spun it if Turkey had actually walked away with nothing ? Turkey walks away with minus 3 billion perhaps ? Yes the money is for refugees in Turkey and as a result Turkey has 3 billion more euros than it had before this deal to fund the cost of supporting refugees there , which to date has already cost Turkey way in excess of this 3 billion. The truth is Turkey walked away from this deal with 3 billion euros. Only someone with no regard for actual reality could describe that as being Turkey walked away with nothing. You are that someone with no regard for actual reality. This is what you do, this is what you have always done.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby erolz66 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:55 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:With all due respect, his claim to being a "Cypriot" is generally meaningless and most specifically unlikely in the context in which you try to defend him.


I make no claim to being Cypriot. I am Cypriot. It is just an absolute undeniable fact that I am Cypriot, which is why you just ignore this objective truth to suit your propaganda needs. This is what you do. It is what you have always done.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby Sotos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:13 am

The former USSR tacitly endorsed the Turkish 1974 Invasion of Cyprus as they were looking for a major dispute btween Greece, And possibly other NATO members, with Turkey.


In what way they "endorsed" it? The Turks asked for an endorsement from the USSR before they invaded Cyprus? The only endorsement that the Turks could possibly need was that of the USA.

You're absolutely correct. The USSR supported the 74 invasion.


Utter rubbish.

What many don't realize on this forum is that Cyprus was a Cold War pawn. Neither the USA or USSR could give a flying fuck about Cyprus or the Cypriot People. The Anericans wanted to destroy Cyprus because Makarios was friendly towards them. USSR exploited the situation to spark a war and were never prepared to get involved at all unless the Southern Flank was weakened.


Neither the USA or USSR could give a flying fuck about Cyprus or the Cypriot People but the fact is that the USSR has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to harm Cyprus while it is Turkey, with USA made weapons and possibly their endorsement, that made the invasion. As an independent country Cyprus had the right to align itself with whomever it wanted. The fact that the Americans would endorse an invasion and ethnic cleansing in Cyprus (and support countless oppressive dictators in many other countries) just shows that they have never been any better than the USSR, and they are not any better than Russia today. And from our prescriptive the Americans are the evil ones, since I repeat the Russians have NEVER harmed Cyprus. Even today... the foreign ministers of both USA and Russia are coming to Cyprus. The American will go to visit the pseudo state while the Russian refused to do so even though Akici requested it (and his refusal came before the plane insistent). It is clear who are our friends and who are our enemies.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby Sotos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:23 am

erolz66 wrote:And so the petulant screaming starts.

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Another of your distortions! That money is meant for the refugees, not for your personal pockets!


What money ? According to you Turkey walked away with nothing. How would you have spun it if Turkey had actually walked away with nothing ? Turkey walks away with minus 3 billion perhaps ? Yes the money is for refugees in Turkey and as a result Turkey has 3 billion more euros than it had before this deal to fund the cost of supporting refugees there , which to date has already cost Turkey way in excess of this 3 billion. The truth is Turkey walked away from this deal with 3 billion euros. Only someone with no regard for actual reality could describe that as being Turkey walked away with nothing. You are that someone with no regard for actual reality. This is what you do, this is what you have always done.


3 billion wasted. Those refugees that want to go to Europe will find their way anyway and Turkey will not make any serious attempt to stop them. They should have kept the money to be used for the refugees in Europe. The final solution to the problem in Syria is to realize that Assad is the lesser evil... the EU should support the Syrian army to defeat the terrorists and make a deal with Assad for gradual reforms and his eventual replacement with somebody who can gather greater popular support.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby Lordo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:25 am

you are talking out of your arse sotos. there is no such thing as independent country. either you are with russia or america. you talk like a fellow who has just got transported from mars. as to russia not doing anything. here is a thing, in the 80s it was agreed to hand over marash back with the only condition that the gcs returned to the negotiating table. no requirement for an agreement just sit at the table. you arseholes first accepted it, then after meeting with the russian ambassador 7 days later you refused it. you telling me russia has done no harm to cyprus. of course you are because you are an idiot.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby Sotos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:38 am

Lordo wrote:you are talking out of your arse sotos. there is no such thing as independent country. either you are with russia or america. you talk like a fellow who has just got transported from mars. as to russia not doing anything. here is a thing, in the 80s it was agreed to hand over marash back with the only condition that the gcs returned to the negotiating table. no requirement for an agreement just sit at the table. you arseholes first accepted it, then after meeting with the russian ambassador 7 days later you refused it. you telling me russia has done no harm to cyprus. of course you are because you are an idiot.


Bullshit. What you say NEVER happened since you NEVER agreed to give back Varosha without demanding something in return. Stop lying asshole.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby cypriotnado » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:11 pm

Well lavrov has issued a statement urging a deal and encouraging BOTH sides to compromise. See Cyprus Mail

Sotos step out of your silly fantasy world Enosis is dead, leave the fantasy stuff to the children like kurupedos
User avatar
cypriotnado
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: EU Turkey summit

Postby Sotos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:23 pm

cypriotnado wrote:Well lavrov has issued a statement urging a deal and encouraging BOTH sides to compromise. See Cyprus Mail

Sotos step out of your silly fantasy world Enosis is dead, leave the fantasy stuff to the children like kurupedos


The one who lives in fantasy land is you since I have never said that I want enosis and yet your dreams seem to overpower reality. If we were not interested in any kind of compromise then we wouldn't be negotiating, therefore Lavrov's statement doesn't mean that Russia keeps an equal distance from both sides.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests