The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


treaty of guarantee

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

treaty of guarantee

Postby Lordo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:09 am

is it still in place or is it null and void.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: treaty of guarantee

Postby Oceanside50 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:16 am

Lordo wrote:is it still in place or is it null and void.


ask the same about your kolo koLordo and you'll find your answer
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: treaty of guarantee

Postby MrH » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:32 am

It's still in place until Turkey becomes a full member of the EU. In other words, forever!
User avatar
MrH
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: London

Re: treaty of guarantee

Postby Maximus » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:50 am

Where does the treaty of guarantee state that it will always be in place until Turkey becomes a member of the EU? Did you just pluck that statement out of thin air?

And your supposed to be some kind of adviser to the TC leadership aren't you. :lol:

lets take a look shall we. You only need to look at the first point and the first article.
I. Considering that the recognition and the maintenance of the independence, territorial integrity, and security of the Republic of Cyprus, as established and regulated by the Basic Articles of its Constitution, are in their common interest,


Article 1
The Republic of Cyprus undertakes to ensure the maintenance of its independence, territorial integrity, and security, as well as respect for its Constitution.

It undertakes not to participate, in whole or in part, in any political or economic union with any State whatsoever. It accordingly declares prohibited any activity likely to promote, directly or indirectly, either union with any other State or partition of the Island.


Source : http://www.cypnet.co.uk/ncyprus/history ... antee.html

The territorial integrity and security of the Republic of Cyprus (The Republic of Cyprus being the whole of the island) has been violated by Turkey.

Cyprus is also in political and economic union with 27 member states of the EU. And is also de facto partitioned by Turkey. One of the so called guarantors.

The treaty has been violated by Turkey (first) and not enforced by the other two so called guarantors, Great Britain and Greece. So it is null and void.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: treaty of guarantee

Postby Lordo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:43 am

so does that mean that it does not need to be discussed in the current negotiations.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: treaty of guarantee

Postby DrCyprus » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:15 am

Lordo wrote:so does that mean that it does not need to be discussed in the current negotiations.


You think we'll give you information for free? siktir
DrCyprus
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 am

Re: treaty of guarantee

Postby Lordo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:40 pm

DrCyprus wrote:
Lordo wrote:so does that mean that it does not need to be discussed in the current negotiations.


You think we'll give you information for free? siktir

i will remind you how stupid you are when the talks turn to the guarantees you stupid dumb animal.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: treaty of guarantee

Postby Lordo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:46 pm

http://famagusta-gazette.com/the-people-of-cyprus-want-a-solution-that-will-terminate-turkish-occupation-p31813-69.htm

now here is a bit of info..this is what omirou said.

Speaking on Monday during visits to army camps on the occasion of Christmas and New Year, Omirou said that we want a solution the soonest, but one that will end the Turkish occupation, safeguard human rights, terminate the 1960 guarantees and not provide for permanent derogations from the EU acquis communautaire.

is he stupid or something, according to you boys the guarantees do not exist. what the hell is he talking about. either he is full of shit or you are. which is it.

and of course the national guard will protect us. sure and pigs will fly too asshole.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11518
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: treaty of guarantee

Postby Kikapu » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:55 pm

Lordo wrote:http://famagusta-gazette.com/the-people-of-cyprus-want-a-solution-that-will-terminate-turkish-occupation-p31813-69.htm

now here is a bit of info..this is what omirou said.

Speaking on Monday during visits to army camps on the occasion of Christmas and New Year, Omirou said that we want a solution the soonest, but one that will end the Turkish occupation, safeguard human rights, terminate the 1960 guarantees and not provide for permanent derogations from the EU acquis communautaire.

is he stupid or something, according to you boys the guarantees do not exist. what the hell is he talking about. either he is full of shit or you are. which is it.

and of course the national guard will protect us. sure and pigs will fly too asshole.


Firstly, the Turkish guarantees ONLY exists with Republic of Cyprus, but since Turkey does not recognize the RoC, then there cannot be any Turkish guarantees in place, can it?

Secondly, if and when the RoC becomes another entity, the Turkish guarantees does not apply to the new entity, unless the new entity wants it, right?

Thirdly, Turkish guarantees were for all Cypriots and not just for the TCs, therefore, if the majority Cypriots do not want Turkey's guarantees any longer, then Turkey cannot be a guarantor to Cyprus or to Cypriots. Those Cypriots wishing to be under Turkey's guarantorship can still have it if they wish to, but ONLY in Turkey.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: treaty of guarantee

Postby Get Real! » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:09 am

An excellent post by Kikakopoulos.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40449
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Next

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests